**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Developers Thoughts: Improving Alliance Wars Discussion Thread

Comments

• gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    Solution 2: Improved Methods to Identify Offenders, More Severe Punishments, Matchmaking Improvements

Easy peasy,
    For cheaters - keep doing what you have been doing before but now remove the player from the alliance. The community has been saying this since forever

For matchmaking collusion - Do matchmaking pools where all alliances have a set period of time to enter the pool and the server matchmakes with its usual matchmaking algorithm. People wont be able to collude and find easier matches and match ups would be fair. Again the community has said this before

Buff 2 – Bleed Immunity:

Bleed immunity affects Defenders
    Bringing in Debuff heavy Champions will still be a viable option, but Champions that rely heavily on Bleed will not be as effective this Season.

wow make AA BP and GP even more useless than they are now
    However, we’ve also seen a higher Alliance kick rate which we have attributed to the increased competition brought on by the added significance of Alliance War points and its effect on Alliance Ranking.

This is only a major problem when people are kicked after the war season reward cutoff has been passed.
  • KKNJ07KKNJ07 Posts: 10
    If you need diversity, restrict AW weekly to a specific set of champs alone as both offense & defense. Something like the set of champs in a featured crystal. Only buffs would not help achieving diversity.
  • user3948570293458user3948570293458 Posts: 29
    edited October 2018
    Have you considered the fact that any member found cheating will likely be booted and end up in another alliance where they do the same thing?

I just had 3 big accounts join my silver 2 ally today. Not complaining, but it seems a bit more than surprising.

What provisions are you considering to prevent the new alliance from being ruined also? I hate the idea of a scarlet letter, but.... The only other option is to not let a first time offender (in that alliance) cause any alliance level punishment. This means they could jump from ally to ally, unless there is a clear ban schedule (3 strikes, etc).

And will you be documenting the ban schedule for offenders for all aspects of the game so everyone know what to look for to identify cheaters and what the impact is if you cheat? How long they are banned for, what they are banned for (arena, aw, story, etc) and what the impact is?

We didn't chat much at NYCC, but I did mention this topic (about the tourney).
  • ShiiiiiiiiiDShiiiiiiiiiD Posts: 29
    8xi87d0azn16.jpg

Here's an idea for people caught cheating. You offer them a chance to submit a ticket saying yes I cheated for half of the rewards back the first time. The second time it's a 1/4 of the rewards back. The 3rd time they lose all rewards and are banned forever. Players not willing to admit they cheated lose all rewards and still are banned for ever after the 3rd time. The benefit is knowing who is cheating because the rewards do matter that much to top players. However either way the player has to admit it or lose everything. It's like an honor system.
  • Bryon_502Bryon_502 Posts: 133
    I like the all the new ideas.

I would like to see a tie breaker system. I don't think a war should ever end in a tie.

I would like to see points getting awarded for defensive kills. Keep the attack bonus to reward player skill, but also award points for good AW placement.

Lastly, I I have an idea for cool node in my opinion. The node would have the standard attack and defense bonuses for whatever region of the map it's in. But this node effect would awaken the character placed and give them their Max signature ability.
  • 2zwvs1fbumqe.jpg

How about diminishing season rewards. If you start and finish with the same alliance the whole season you get 100% and every war you miss is a percentage of the rewards you'd receive. The same rules would apply for the alliance that you get rewards from. This would keep people from jumping as much and keep alliances together more.

I get what you mean, but that would really suck for alliances like mine that run two war groups and cycle people in and out
  • Evil_DevilEvil_Devil Posts: 57
    I would say if u want to spice wars a little bit, why don't u activate Synergy, so alliances will be placing champions with synergy that work with each one individually.
    Imo i don't like this global nodes but for recruitment tool and updating search tool, it's gonna be super helpful and less stressful for all summoners
    I'm from +10 time zone and it's hard to find alliances from the same time zone and that matches the difficulty which someone is looking for
  • How about a way to pro rate season rewards? Got kicked before rewards came out in season 3 bc I criticized leadership. So the whole season was for nothing
  • Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★
    edited October 2018
    Yay I just r5 my 3rd 5*.. Blade :neutral:
  • Munrolm02Munrolm02 Posts: 88
    You want to know another thing that makes this idea so stupid the fact that the whole season 4 they put invulnerability boost in the Loyalty store only once....... for the whole season!!! They also try to make us buy War crystals for 120 units for a Health boost that's only worth 30 and you only get 3 tries every season. Let the little guys in Platinum 3 and below spend their money on completing War and let the top teams spend their money on crystals instead of just trying to make everything in possible and getting s*** for it
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 347 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    I feel like half the population of blade lovers forget the fact that he still deals some of the highest damage in the game even without bleed...

With that said I'm looking forward to no longer seeing the trinity on 9 out of 10 attack teams per bg.

They're specifically wanting us to use other Champs on attack - so yes - your favorite vampire hunter might not be the best choice anymore...adapt! Put him on defense, use him in AQ, use him in story mode....Break out that cyclops! 😂
  • Mike_1978Mike_1978 Posts: 26
    I am not to sure about the buff change, but it would be nice to have another champion on offensive team instead of just 3. I think they should also reduce the cost of heals and revives in alliance war or offer more options to obtain these in game rather than using units.
  • ShiiiiiiiiiDShiiiiiiiiiD Posts: 29
    2zwvs1fbumqe.jpg

How about diminishing season rewards. If you start and finish with the same alliance the whole season you get 100% and every war you miss is a percentage of the rewards you'd receive. The same rules would apply for the alliance that you get rewards from. This would keep people from jumping as much and keep alliances together more.

I get what you mean, but that would really suck for alliances like mine that run two war groups and cycle people in and out

Not necessarily, because those guys would still be in the same alliance. I was thinking more for people who jump alliances. As long as you're with the same alliance there's no penalty. And whatever alliance you are with when the final 5 wars start that's the one the percentage of rewards is based on. Great point tho. At least it wasn't shot completely down.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    Evil_Devil wrote: »
    I would say if u want to spice wars a little bit, why don't u activate Synergy, so alliances will be placing champions with synergy that work with each one individually.
    Imo i don't like this global nodes but for recruitment tool and updating search tool, it's gonna be super helpful and less stressful for all summoners
    I'm from +10 time zone and it's hard to find alliances from the same time zone and that matches the difficulty which someone is looking for

I kinda agree with this. Make defense synergy viable will push ppls to use different champs even if they are a terrible defender... But maybe put in a balancing, negative debuff for each synergy that is active so we have to think twice on what synergy to apply, debuff can be something like dash vulnerability... Maybe you guys can introduce more negative buff...
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    what about rewards? any buff on the rewards?
  • Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    1. Why introduce conflicting global buffs? Most for the top tier female champs rely on bleed for their damage.
    2. How will these global buffs improve defender diversity?
    3. Are any specific nodes being adjusted?
    4. Will the rewards change?
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    i see now kabam Want Us to Use Cyclope oh guess what ....... Neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
This discussion has been closed.