**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Developers Thoughts: Improving Alliance Wars Discussion Thread

Comments

• Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    gohard123 wrote: »
    Solution 2: Improved Methods to Identify Offenders, More Severe Punishments, Matchmaking Improvements

Easy peasy,
    For cheaters - keep doing what you have been doing before but now remove the player from the alliance. The community has been saying this since forever

For matchmaking collusion - Do matchmaking pools where all alliances have a set period of time to enter the pool and the server matchmakes with its usual matchmaking algorithm. People wont be able to collude and find easier matches and match ups would be fair. Again the community has said this before

Buff 2 – Bleed Immunity:

Bleed immunity affects Defenders
    Bringing in Debuff heavy Champions will still be a viable option, but Champions that rely heavily on Bleed will not be as effective this Season.

wow make AA BP and GP even more useless than they are now
    However, we’ve also seen a higher Alliance kick rate which we have attributed to the increased competition brought on by the added significance of Alliance War points and its effect on Alliance Ranking.

This is only a major problem when people are kicked after the war season reward cutoff has been passed.

The way kabam could stop the war kicking issue is to make the war minimum 10 wars instead of 5
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Evil_Devil wrote: »
    I would say if u want to spice wars a little bit, why don't u activate Synergy, so alliances will be placing champions with synergy that work with each one individually.
    Imo i don't like this global nodes but for recruitment tool and updating search tool, it's gonna be super helpful and less stressful for all summoners
    I'm from +10 time zone and it's hard to find alliances from the same time zone and that matches the difficulty which someone is looking for

No on synergies
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    Run477 wrote: »
    gohard123 wrote: »
    Solution 2: Improved Methods to Identify Offenders, More Severe Punishments, Matchmaking Improvements

Easy peasy,
    For cheaters - keep doing what you have been doing before but now remove the player from the alliance. The community has been saying this since forever

For matchmaking collusion - Do matchmaking pools where all alliances have a set period of time to enter the pool and the server matchmakes with its usual matchmaking algorithm. People wont be able to collude and find easier matches and match ups would be fair. Again the community has said this before

Buff 2 – Bleed Immunity:

Bleed immunity affects Defenders
    Bringing in Debuff heavy Champions will still be a viable option, but Champions that rely heavily on Bleed will not be as effective this Season.

wow make AA BP and GP even more useless than they are now
    However, we’ve also seen a higher Alliance kick rate which we have attributed to the increased competition brought on by the added significance of Alliance War points and its effect on Alliance Ranking.

This is only a major problem when people are kicked after the war season reward cutoff has been passed.

The way kabam could stop the war kicking issue is to make the war minimum 10 wars instead of 5

wont work there is only 12 wars in a season, what about alliances that only run two groups, there would not be enough wars for everyone to qualify
    btw how does needing to play 10 stop you getting kicked day before rewards?
  • YoungdazYoungdaz Posts: 8
    I think that the players had to keep choosing the champions they want to bring in AG. Having access of just some champions instead of the pool would create more problem as the players couldn’t rely of their champions. That means a top tier def champ would become useless if it’s not in the pool of champions available. Also for those who use some materials as T6B it would be for nothing. You might lose player because of that also because you change the all game and not just AG. MCOC is not a complete pay to win game as you can rely on champs which were introduced at the start of the game. If you change that most of the player would think that the game turned into a 100% pay to win.

Creating new nods or changing the nods each season is a better idea.
  • ShiiiiiiiiiDShiiiiiiiiiD Posts: 29
    sx5vkhm8kbu1.jpg

I'm not against randomizing any buffs on the map however any time you do this, the officers who have to rearrange defenders are going to spend unimaginable more time reading all the nodes to find out which is which.

Instead of doing this to make it harder, why not make it more skill based by including boosts (items) in the 15 items allowed. This makes it strategy based also because now you'll have to decide on boosting or healing. Also the number 15 may be a little high as well. Just think boosts are items and should be considered items in all content to be consistent.
  • MrMaatMrMaat Posts: 302 ★★
    Kabam have made these changes with global nodes and limiting them to top two maps due to roster depth of lower allies.

We are a 10mil ally but only low tier war.
    We have the depth for these nodes but wont get to enjoy it.
    There are countless other allies in my position.

War tier does not reflect roster depth. It reflects organisation and war skill.
  • J76J76 Posts: 3
    I think it would be interesting to see a war mode where you can only use 3* and lower champs. The rewards could include 5 and 6* shards.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian
    Although I can kind of understand where the developers are coming from with their seasonal tweaks of AW, I do not think they understand what a nightmare it is to organize AW placements and assignments. Officers are provided ridiculously limited ability to manage AW/AQ, and introducing anything that requires new assignments throughout the season is a stroke waiting to happen. I literally spend hours and even days planning things out via third party apps, excel, websites simply because Kabam offers so little useful resources or data themselves. And even after that is done, it is like herding cats to get everyone to follow instructions.

Yeah, there are some defenders (IMIW, Modok, Korg, Medusa, etc.) and offenders (Blade, Void, CG, etc.) that everyone uses, but that's how you guys made it. And I feel that most officers have a set it and forget it approach, because after we spent all that time coming up with placements / assignments, the last thing we want to do is make more changes. Introducing things like rotating buffs / debuffs is just a band-aid IMO.

Please give us more tools and data to manage AW if you really want to introduce dynamic changes. I'm still waiting for that Kabam employee to come back from vacation to give us prestige figures not that it really matters anymore.

Do you have any suggestions on how we can do that? Like any tools in particular would be helpful in this kind of stuff?

I'm not sure if this is one of the things that @TurtleJames was thinking about, but one thing I think will become increasingly useful to players is, if Kabam continues to apply selective buffs and counter-buffs on offense and defense, a tool to filter champions by those criteria. Would be nice to see a list of all female champs (that the game classifies as such for the purpose of the global buff), all the champs that use bleed, or are immune to bleed, etc. Whenever Kabam implements a game mechanic that offers an advantage or disadvantage to a set of champs, players should be able to figure out which champs in their roster those advantages or disadvantages apply to.

Sometimes this is easy to figure out in general but a compiled list can be helpful, for example "who uses bleed?" And sometimes this is tricky and the game uses arbitrary game logic the players might not easily deduce. Is Vision "male?" Think about all the brouhaha over what the game defines as a "villain."
  • DarthVadidDarthVadid Posts: 395 ★★★
    If you really want to increase diversity and make a better defense map... make class paths similar to dungeons skill/mystic path you can only place that class and allow no duplicates. Also rotate class requirements for the bosses. One war will be science boss. One war will be cosmic etc. This will also diversify attackers
  • J76J76 Posts: 3
    It would be completely fair as most people have or can easily get decent 3*s and with better rewards like that it would be ultra competitive.
  • nIHSEANnIHSEAN Posts: 67
    Buff 2 - Bleed Immunity:
    - Bleed immunity affects Defenders
    - Bringing in Debuff heavy Champions will still be a viable option, but Champions that rely heavily on Bleed will not be as effective this Season.

I get that you are trying to shift blade meta, but the problem is that you just made him too OP,
    When you try that bleed immunity thing, along with blade many bleeders like Gwenpool, X23, Hawkeye and many more lose their usefulness.

If you put crit resistance thing, it does affect high crit rate champions but it makes champs like Redhulk, Hyperion who
    Already have low crit chance, into less useful champ.
    And when champs like 5* 4/55 or 6* Killmonger, Sentinel, Emma frost are put on crit resistance node. It becomes impossible to defeat them in AW unless you have Stark Spidey, Corvus, or Blade (maybe now Omega Red too).

And for people who dont have the luck or money to get these champ on higher rarity, cant really compete with current top players with huge roster.

DNA3000 wrote: »
    Why not just go whole hog and introduce a global node that reduces all attacker ability accuracy to 0% and then introduce attacker diversity?

This way, it really doesn't matter who you bring as long as they are diverse.

Because that would be a bad idea.

I was being sardonic.

I was being sarcastic. I'm sure someone will be coming along shortly being ironic.
  • What about the issue with cheating alliances getting dropped to lower tiers and roflstomping alliances they have no business playing?

So this is something we haven't really commented on yet, but I can say that we are aware of how this affects other Alliances, and is something we are looking at solutions to. We're not 100% sure on exactly what we're going to do at this time, but are looking to have something in place for Season 5.

I don’t know what you do there, this issue has been talked about over and over and over and over again on here and you miss the point in aw that is causing more problems than anything else, you need to take in what’s said, your so far out of touch with the community it’s unreal
  • TurtleJamesTurtleJames Posts: 68
    Although I can kind of understand where the developers are coming from with their seasonal tweaks of AW, I do not think they understand what a nightmare it is to organize AW placements and assignments. Officers are provided ridiculously limited ability to manage AW/AQ, and introducing anything that requires new assignments throughout the season is a stroke waiting to happen. I literally spend hours and even days planning things out via third party apps, excel, websites simply because Kabam offers so little useful resources or data themselves. And even after that is done, it is like herding cats to get everyone to follow instructions.

Yeah, there are some defenders (IMIW, Modok, Korg, Medusa, etc.) and offenders (Blade, Void, CG, etc.) that everyone uses, but that's how you guys made it. And I feel that most officers have a set it and forget it approach, because after we spent all that time coming up with placements / assignments, the last thing we want to do is make more changes. Introducing things like rotating buffs / debuffs is just a band-aid IMO.

Please give us more tools and data to manage AW if you really want to introduce dynamic changes. I'm still waiting for that Kabam employee to come back from vacation to give us prestige figures not that it really matters anymore.

Do you have any suggestions on how we can do that? Like any tools in particular would be helpful in this kind of stuff?

Off the top of my head:

1) At least allow us to view players’ entire rosters
    2) Web based or in app AW map where officers can arrange and set defenders based on #1. And have diversity, rating, etc. bonuses tallied.
    3) Allow is to preset multiple defender teams and auto place. Kinda like Future Fight. (Please for masteries also)
    4) Look at 3rd party apps like ClanHQ and do it better. You guys are Kabam!
    5) My brain is fried and it’s time to go home, but I’m sure others here will have even better ideas than me.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    So I see both sides of this.

Kabam side:

They want to increase sales of crystals for these champs who are uneffected, especially your OP female champs: ghost, Emma, wasp. Even good ones like rogue, próxima. I also understand they want us using different champs to beat other alliances. Too many times do I go into my defensive map and see 8 blades, 8 ghost riders and like 4-5 stark spiders.

Our side:
    It’s kabams fault though, they put out these overpowering champs like blade with the synergies and the Corvus of the world. If you can use a champ that can clear everything, why use something else?

Continuing on our side, the changes are really annoying and I agree with the player base. As a leader I spend too much time dealing with placement, diversity, and changing all of that when a new player comes along. This is a pain and shouldn’t need to be done often. With the new changes you have to do it again.

The bleed immunity is pretty bad, a few reasons. I am a blade user, but don’t care about his bleed I primarily use him for danger sense. What hurts is a few of my alliance members use AA for specific champs (modok mostly) and now you just broke his main source of damage. Without Nuerotoxin he hits like a 4 year old girl.

Gwenpool can no longer extend her power lock, armor break or incinerate, which hurts her attack.

Carnage who you just buffed will no longer power gain as quickly as you amped him up to be. pretty sure people who JUST ranked him are PISSED

I understand the changes but don’t put out nerfs of some OP champs, as someone said up there. Maybe put out nodes like:

Season 5: female amped up champs for attack and on defense hero’s have tranquility every 35 seconds

Season 6: hero’s have a chance to proc a 5 second fury. Villain defenders are not effected by ability reduction

Season 7: villain attackers have amped up hero defenders have a chance to power gain 10% when a debuff is applied.

Something in those lines, don’t just hinder a HUGE base of attackers.
  • ShiiiiiiiiiDShiiiiiiiiiD Posts: 29
    CosmicZen wrote: »
    Why not make an attacker diversity point system? Then you will have specialized diverse champs per path. This will also make content harder to beat. There are only so many bleed immune champs etc

This is a great idea. Have a diversity system for who people attack with. At the bare minimum this will prevent teams from tying!
    Problem with countering blade is that it counters half of all skill champs ... bleed immunity destroys GP and KM more than Blade

One thing I think Kabam should have done was make female champions unaffected by the global bleed immunity. I think it is counterproductive to buff female champs on offense, then take their bleeds away on defense. That would specifically address champs like Gwenpool and Elektra. But also Medusa, Gamora, Guillotine, and X-23, who I think are all viable attackers on at least some tiers of AW.
  • Nerfed2DefNerfed2Def Posts: 292 ★★
    Here’s an idea; instead of making lame global buffs get to work buffing useless champions. It’s just lazy and generates no worth to players. Perhaps we could use these buffed champs in other game modes. AW isn’t the only mode where they are worthless!
    Stop posting meaningless subject matter. “We know people cheat but we haven’t figured anything out specific to do.” So nothing’s changed? We know your aware it’s all over the forumns and sub Reddit’s.
    You want to stop the disparity between crystal pulls and whales make more champs viable. If Kamala Khan was viable the game might be even. Who doesn’t have that worthless champ?
  • If you really want to actually make war, a war, it will need a complete overhaul. I have monster idea but would depend on how developers see it, and how complicated it is to add in game.

The idea would make each war a strategy in itself vs another alliance, therefore never having the same buffs on the same path, allowing each alliance to set up its own defensive strategy.

There also needs to be a leveling of sorts for all toons, instead of debuffing those top ones, increase the low lvl ones to be able to counter the top ones.

If you want real gameplay, you need to develop something that cant be exposed, my idea creates that. I will not share on here, developers or someone from Kabam would need to contact me, to see if it is even viable, but would be a game changer for sure.

Same could be applied to AQ, but in a different way , if you could change aq to seasons also. Way back certain toons were debuffed because you thought they were too strong, now no one uses those champs... essentially you debuffes to make useless... and that is what they have become.

You also need to fix the long defunct alliance war D synergy.

Off season should be designed to assign strategy for upcoming season. As of now there is no need, jist down time to gather shards and improve on your top teams.

Realistically we have a set 3 for war O, a set 5 for war D, and a set 3 for AQ. Almost no point in having hundreds of characters when only 16 (added 5 for monthly questing) are needed.

i have a possible solution, but would need Kabam to contact me.

Cheers,

TheRealPinky

P.S. I have been playing since the begining, and this is my first post (i think)
This discussion has been closed.