**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Stop Adding "New Skins"

With the introduction of Venom the Duck and Symbiote Supreme, it really got me thinking of how many better characters there are that could be added instead. Don't get me wrong Symbiote Supreme is pretty cool, it's more Venom the Ducks that's just plain dumb. Instead of adding what are essentially the same champions with a new appearance or skin, i.e: reskins, why can't new, unique champions get added? I'm not saying Venom the Duck and Symbiote Supreme suck or do not have any new abilities, I'm just saying I think everyone would rather see Sandman, Apocalypse, Anti-Venom, Professor X, Pyro, Quicksilver, etc. Amiright?

Comments

• Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Venom the duck and Howard the duck have different abilities, as well as being a different class. The only reskins in this game that i hate are the original iron man with superior iron man. Then there is the ms, marvel and captain marvel which are basically the same. They added these two symbiote characters to fit the Venom theme since the move came out. Which i personally dont mind since i know eventually most of the characters i want in the game will probably come eventually. Plus i like these new champs they make, but some dont.
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    SeanFlik wrote: »
    Instead of adding what are essentially the same champions with a new appearance or skin, i.e: reskins, why can't new, unique champions get added?

I understand what you mean, but this isn't true. Venom the Duck is a completely different character in terms of abilities, he is nothing like Howard the Duck. You have to admit that VTD is unique; maybe it isn't the symbiote people wanted, but he isn't a reskin. Ms. Marvel and Captain Marvel would be an example of two differently "skinned" characters with the exact same abilities.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Savio444 wrote: »
    Venom the duck and Howard the duck have different abilities, as well as being a different class. The only reskins in this game that i hate are the original iron man with superior iron man. Then there is the ms, marvel and captain marvel which are basically the same. They added these two symbiote characters to fit the Venom theme since the move came out. Which i personally dont mind since i know eventually most of the characters i want in the game will probably come eventually. Plus i like these new champs they make, but some dont.

Don’t forget magneto and magneto (marvel now)
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Savio444 wrote: »

And spiderman and symbiote spidey
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    Spiderman and Sym Spidey are two different classes with two different abilities, try again.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Or Cyclops (Blue Team) and Cyclops (New Xavier School)

Yeah those too.
  • Iron Fist and Iron Fist in white leotards.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Shaun01 wrote: »
    Spiderman and Sym Spidey are two different classes with two different abilities, try again.

I Forgot about that lol
  • SolotrixSolotrix Posts: 64
    But essentially it’s a reskin. However VTD and HTD are completely different with different animations, and I feel the animations of VTD are sick
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    Solotrix wrote: »
    But essentially it’s a reskin. However VTD and HTD are completely different with different animations, and I feel the animations of VTD are sick

Literally the only thing og and sym spidey have in common of note is they're both trash defenders unduped. There's definitely one you'd rather face duped without a true strike attacker...
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    don't forget the Captains America OG and WW2. Is there a difference between them?
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    edited October 2018
    don't forget the Captains America OG and WW2. Is there a difference between them?

Cap WWII would fight OG CAP and say...

"Tell me. Do you bleed?"

Because...you know...Cap WWII inflicts bleed on his Sp2...and OG Cap doesn't....

I'll show myself out.
  • BadabibidonBadabibidon Posts: 86
    Disagreed there are a lot of variants that could be game changer.
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Iron Fist and Iron Fist in white leotards.

This pretty much is a reskin, but immortal iron fist is a little better. I think his armor breaks are permanent until he is struck? Maybe I'm mistaken, but they function a bit differently.
    Or Cyclops (Blue Team) and Cyclops (New Xavier School)

Once again, also very slightly different. Blue cyclops gains power faster at lower power levels, has unblockable specials, and longer armor break. Red cyclops is worse, he has short armor breaks and once above 15 hits his beams cannot be reduced by blocks. He can crit through blocks tho
    Og cap has higher block prof, does fatigue on perfect blocks, and has high stun chance on both specials if opponent is fatigued. At lower health levels his pb chance increases. Cap wwii is better imo, pb chance increases based on how many buffs the opponent has, sp1 has 30% stun chance, sp2 has 100% bleed.
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★

Yeah, but same move set for the most part. Give them original moves or specials and people would be happier.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    NikoBravo wrote: »

Yeah, but same move set for the most part. Give them original moves or specials and people would be happier.

FOUL!

The specials aren’t a unique thing really. For the most part there’s only about a handful of different attack animations and specials usually are reskinned for different champs

Bishop and Kingpin

Spider classic/Sym and Ultron

Ultron, Kang, IM, SIM,

SIM, IM, Ms/Cpt Marvel

Even less obvious ones like War Machine, Domino, Emma Frost, KANG, Rocket Raccoon

Or the blatant rips like CB/Punisher and then you got Blade and Elektra with possibly MODOK

Or even Hela and Archangel

And even Omega Red borrows most of his Sp2 from Carnage Sp1

Oh and Stark Spider tips his Sp1 straight from Spider GWEN’S Sp2

Then you have BB sharing specials with Vision and Iron Patriot
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    taojay1 wrote: »
    Red cyclops is worse, he has short armor breaks and once above 15 hits his beams cannot be reduced by blocks. He can crit through blocks tho

Add a % of evade buff = Golden Symbioid.
  • KRONOSDOUBLEKRONOSDOUBLE Posts: 548 ★★
    We need Immortal iron fist to be reworked and called "Iron Fist (Netflix)" similar to what happened with daredevil
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    I'm pretty sure NetMarble bought Kabam, and unfortunately that's how they roll. Instead of buffing old champs, they release new skins.