**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Developers Thoughts: Improving Alliance Wars Discussion Thread

Comments

• AndyBaron7AndyBaron7 Posts: 292
    I read lots of contradiction in statements made for example you want people to use all there roster and not just some to combat problems faced. The issue with this is if a champ is useless regardless of the challenge they face people will not use them. If putting an easy champion to beat (ie someone in the contest 3 years who you probably battled a million times now right. There just not gonna do the desired job ie kill someone.) so people won’t use them on defence and weaken there alliance. People also won’t use all these old champs either for attack when they have new more exciting champs to be using. So personally I see the only way your ever gonna achieve this vision is to completely revamp have the champion pool. Alter them all change there abilities synergy’s change there special attack make them fresh and new to combat and people will use them. Leave them old dull and boring they simply won’t do it if smart.
  • xxgonzoxxxxgonzoxx Posts: 83
    This may have been said but you need danger sense null buff nodes or nodes that take away being a villan or something
  • cookiedealercookiedealer Posts: 260 ★★
    xxgonzoxx wrote: »
    This may have been said but you need danger sense null buff nodes or nodes that take away being a villan or something

Exactly. Have like an option that each alliance member can make decisions, like an option to say tags don't matter for one particular defender. Who they choose is strategic.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,278 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    If alliances striving for and getting 100% completion or using the same champs on defense or offense isn’t desirable, why not just change the configuration of the AW map and move away from a setup where that’s possible or beneficial? NOT through keeping the same map and just making the nodes increasingly obnoxious. Why couldn’t the map be configured so that alliances have to make a choice which boss to tackle and then score based on something other than percentage of nodes passed? It could be as easy as making the map 2 or 3 times the size and making bonuses for certain champs. Like Asgardian nodes where Asgardian attackers and defenders get buffs or Villains of the Contest nodes where those villains get lifesteal.

Also, give me a reason and the freedom to bring a strong Sentry or KK to AW and I will. Do you really think people like having 100 5* champs with maybe 10 that are viable? Partly because maybe half of the champs stink and aren’t getting enhanced at a reasonable pace and partly because I don’t have the materials to get everyone I want to use ranked up to a useable level. Vanity champs (champs that aren’t competitive in the current landscape, but I’d use them because I think they’re cool) need to be rank 5 or they’re too weak to justify using ranking resources on at all. Otherwise I don’t have a place for them. I passed on Omega Red because I knew he wasn’t going to get ranked up enough to use even though I’d been hoping for him to come to the contest since I started playing. I’d rather pass on him and not try for him at all than get him and have him sitting at 3-45 being worthless to me.
  • Thestoryteller6Thestoryteller6 Posts: 153 ★★
    Leaving aside the specific nodes given, I don't see how introducing global nodes will help meet your stated aims.

If the global node is strong, you penalise people who have used their limited rank up materials on the champs they want to use.

If you try to get around this by making the global node weak, then there's no point in having it at all.

I think the global node idea should be done away with altogether and you should try something else.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Red_barron wrote: »
    They're not nerfs. They're obstacles to certain Abilities. The game is full of counters, either Nodes or Champs. There isn't an End-Game Champ. There won't be one that we Rank who is unchallenged no matter what. If that happens, the game will likely end.

Please look up the word “nerf” it means to weaken the effectiveness of something or a change that effects a certain thing, it’s a nerf. Directly or indirectly.
    People are just trying to make comments and not wanting you to jump on everything please.

Its not a nerf. If thats what you think a nerf is then that would mean the existing bleed immune nodes and paths in all game modes plus bleed immune champs are nerfs to any bleed champ. Its a counter if anything to bleed champs. Nothing more, nothing less.

Google it

In gaming terms it means to change the fundamental functions of a champ. Blade is unchanged. Not a nerf.

w0j18pytbuo1.jpeg

Blade is still effective and still desirable. Not a nerf.

Mic....dropped!
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    @CharlieMurphyKC They've already said they're gonna put global nodes in challenger and expert tiers first. If you're calling yourself mediocre player, you probably are in a bracket that doesn't have to worry about global nodes for awhile.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    LegendJRG wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    They're not nerfs. They're obstacles to certain Abilities. The game is full of counters, either Nodes or Champs. There isn't an End-Game Champ. There won't be one that we Rank who is unchallenged no matter what. If that happens, the game will likely end.

Please just stop already.

Sorry, but I don't stop stating facts. 3 years now, and every change that comes is met with the same overreaction.

While I agree with you in this instance they have made a lot of bad decisions, and promptly walked them back in a few cases. This isn’t one of those and this actually helps blade in some cases like node 29 especially. However you are omitting the fact that no one or company can have a 100% success rate. Yet you defend them what seems like the vast majority of the time, inherently making you wrong in some of those cases. Meaning the “facts” you state are anything but factual in those times you’re wrong. Your opinion agreeing with Kabam doesn’t make you, or them, right.

My opinion isn't the issue. I said I have no issues with the changes. If I did, I would say so. People assume just because I'm not taking an Anti stance, that I'm somehow defending something. I'm not even of the mindset that anything needs to be defended. Anytime an alteration comes that forces people to do things differently, there's a reaction. It's always the same. They want to take it in one direction. People complain. If enough people complain, they rethink the direction, and compromise. It's really not about right and wrong. At the end of the day, I just accept that it's their game and look at their reasoning behind it. I'm not here to petition. What people call defending is just my attempt to clarify. To be honest, they can't implement ANY change without people having to adjust somehow. That's the whole point of making changes. Yet every proposed change, a majority reacts as if it's a personal offense. It's like saying, "Change whatever you want about your game as long as we don't have to do anything different.". There's a paradox in that. The one constant I accept that really allows me to accept things that come is nothing is guaranteed to stay the same forever.
  • PerginaPergina Posts: 6
    If Kabam wants to significantly change the meta of the most important portion of the game, then that’s cool. Concurrently, the availability of rank up resources should also SIGNIFICANTLY be increased or rank down tickets should be issued. Summoners invest in champions and should be able to divest and reinvest as the meta changes.

It’s clear to everyone you’re trying to devalue Blade without officially nerfing him. Why not just offer folks the chance to reinvest elsewhere?
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    Whatever, not sure I care, I went back to silver alliance from a gold 1 and will ride this next season out there if I continue to play at all.
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    Pergina wrote: »
    If Kabam wants to significantly change the meta of the most important portion of the game, then that’s cool. Concurrently, the availability of rank up resources should also SIGNIFICANTLY be increased or rank down tickets should be issued. Summoners invest in champions and should be able to divest and reinvest as the meta changes.

It’s clear to everyone you’re trying to devalue Blade without officially nerfing him. Why not just offer folks the chance to reinvest elsewhere?

It devalues more than just Blade, Killmonger, ArchAngel, and GwenPool come to mind here also.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited October 2018
    DJSergy wrote: »

Please look up the word “nerf” it means to weaken the effectiveness of something or a change that effects a certain thing, it’s a nerf. Directly or indirectly.
    People are just trying to make comments and not wanting you to jump on everything please.

Its not a nerf. If thats what you think a nerf is then that would mean the existing bleed immune nodes and paths in all game modes plus bleed immune champs are nerfs to any bleed champ. Its a counter if anything to bleed champs. Nothing more, nothing less.

Google it

In gaming terms it means to change the fundamental functions of a champ. Blade is unchanged. Not a nerf.

Blade is nerf for AW season 5. His effectiveness is reduced by removing his bleed ability. Therefore a nerf in by far the most important game mode. Temporary, but still a nerf.

And please stop saying you can use champs in other game modes. Been seeing that a lot since this discussion started and is nonesense. This game revolves around AW and other game modes just help you get items necessary to be successful in AW. Eliminate AW from this game and lets see whats left of it 😂

So what you are saying is I can't use Blade or other champs in other game modes? How does that make any sense at all?

Im not saying you cant use them in other modes. Im saying AW is by far the most important and challenging mode and everything revolves around it. Or you’re telling me that you rank a champ based on his effectiveness on AQ and EQ ???? Please 😂

Yes, I rank up a champ that gives me value in all modes in general. Not specifically for war alone.
  • ShutovShutov Posts: 4
    What about the issue with cheating alliances getting dropped to lower tiers and roflstomping alliances they have no business playing?

So this is something we haven't really commented on yet, but I can say that we are aware of how this affects other Alliances, and is something we are looking at solutions to. We're not 100% sure on exactly what we're going to do at this time, but are looking to have something in place for Season 5.

So a suggestion ... why not when inflict a ban on Higher tier allies. Double penalise them.
    - One they drop War tiers. However they r matched against higher Tier allies or Atleast higher rated allies than penalised allies for rest of season.
    - thier Aw Multiplier is reduced to half of what they were earning prior to getting caught out for rest of season
    That would guarantee they don’t match against lower tier allies and guarantees they r hit with a strongest message.
  • DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 170 ★★

Google it

Blade is nerf for AW season 5. His effectiveness is reduced by removing his bleed ability. Therefore a nerf in by far the most important game mode. Temporary, but still a nerf.

And please stop saying you can use champs in other game modes. Been seeing that a lot since this discussion started and is nonesense. This game revolves around AW and other game modes just help you get items necessary to be successful in AW. Eliminate AW from this game and lets see whats left of it 😂

So what you are saying is I can't use Blade or other champs in other game modes? How does that make any sense at all?

Im not saying you cant use them in other modes. Im saying AW is by far the most important and challenging mode and everything revolves around it. Or you’re telling me that you rank a champ based on his effectiveness on AQ and EQ ???? Please 😂

Yes, I rank up a champ that gives me value in all modes in general. Not specifically for war alone.

Think you missing the point. There is no arguing that war has the most impact in making decisions while ranking up a champ.

Now AW changing every month specifically with the intention of reducing the effectiveness of most comonly used champs and the to force “diversity”. They say it will be fun and keep the mode fresh. I say it will make the mode even more difficult, require a whole lot more time in planing and increase the resoruces needed to complete the map. This will continue to burn the players even more and force some more into retirement. Good luck with your idea kabam.
  • LIKEAFKNBOSSLIKEAFKNBOSS Posts: 2
    I was kicked from my alliance 3 minutes before the last war of the season ended and I received ZERO season awards after playing in every war the entire season. Complete waste of time and resources spent throughout the season and you guys still can’t reward me something? BS
  • Aaron131109Aaron131109 Posts: 47
    So Kabam MUST refund Mastery Deep Wound....
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Zapp wrote: »
    Since I started playing the game I hear this “we want to encourage player diversity” song. Almost 3 years now. Yet every single change you do fosters the opposite.

The second you rank up a champ you are locked in, because upgrade materials are so scarce. On the other hand there are clearly good and bad champions.

So now your solution to a problem you created by being really greedy and milking people for upgrade material is punishing players who have invested into bleed champions?

Tell me, how is anyone supposed to rank 5 a 5* in two weeks or even change the layout of their rank 4 4*?

My AW team is completely bleed free (by total randomness and luck of the pull) so I have a huge benefit now. For what reason?

Your are literally writing “we want to have luck to do less with it”, and the instead of adding options to AW you remove them?

I don’t even know what to say. But thanks for that massive boost to my AW team.

They expect us to bring our vast roster of 5* r3 champs to AW attack ...
This discussion has been closed.