**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Evading venom sp2

ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
Does anyone have some solid advice on how to fully evade venom's sp2? Looking for solid, step by step advice, not just "git gud".

Comments

• belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    I usually eat the first part as block damage then evade out
  • Supremeguy95Supremeguy95 Posts: 447
    You have to block the first part then keep dashing back
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    Does anyone have some solid advice on how to fully evade venom's sp2? Looking for solid, step by step advice, not just "git gud".

Right on. How can you trust advice from someone who can't spell "get" or "good"?

• OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    There's a tutorial of how to fight venom on Dork Lessons's youtube channel.

Basically, just start to evade when he starts swinging at you at the end of the jump. That will allow you to dodge the start and then continue to back away to avoid the rest of the special. If you dodge too early, he catches you with the second part and you take massive damage.

As a note, a bunch of stuff in the video no longer works, simply due to the changes in the game in the last 2 years. However, the timing for the evade is still the same.
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    It’s a pattern with his growls sort of, the first lunge you have to wait till about halfway through, then it’s hust swiping back, no point in taking block damage
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Easy to evade with practice. Evade before he reaches the high point of his jump, then evade again after he lands. Timing is similar to evading Civil Warrior's heavy attack at close range.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Practice. Keep distance, watch his jump, then evade thrice
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    The annoying thing is that I USED to be able to time the leap and first swipes with dashing and evade it all.

Now, seems like every time I will miss the leap, but always get hit by the swipes before the butt tentacles get me. (Look closely at the lump when they retract back into him to see why I call them that.)

So now, yeah, I just eat the first part with blocking, then evade out the second half.

Kind of like Spidey's SP1. Block the web pew pews, then evade out the punches.
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    @dkatryl butt tentacles ftw. Might name my next dog that.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    You have to block the first part then keep dashing back

It can be done without blocking any of it and without keeping distance.
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Triple swipe back. Time it right. It can be done. It’s not very hard once you figure it out.
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    Use to be able to evade this even before he hit buffed. Sometimes it’s just the timing.

Or maybe it’s just the evading RNG 😁
  • TitanPunchTitanPunch Posts: 60
    Make the first evade when he’s about to land instead of when he first jumps.
  • IanMooneIanMoone Posts: 640 ★★
    edited October 2018
    For some reason, I've found it harder to Evade after the buff. He advances faster. At least from my perception.

You arent wrong, he does advance faster and is hard to evade after the buff..idk why but kabam needs to check it out
  • doom722doom722 Posts: 99
    Maintain you distance when you're baiting his l2. You'll get enough time to to dash back! Same goes with Sabretooth's L1