**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Void

Webby72Webby72 Posts: 253 ★★
Recently duped my 5* void, but he seems rather lacklustre, that everyone’s just bigged him up to be better than he is. Is this just me, in which case could you lot help me out with what I’m missing so I can use him to his full potential? Thanks

Comments

• spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    There's not a lot to do. Spam his s1. Play defensive. No need to rush fights with him, let his debuffs do the work for you. Great champ, my favorite in the game.
  • Crazyjack719Crazyjack719 Posts: 425 ★★
    He's definitely not a heavy hitter. He shines in situations where there is heavy regen or some sort of power gain, each of his debuffs have different effects and once they combine in to Fear of the Void, 2 things happen, his attack increases based on sig level, and he basically shuts down all regen, power gain and reduces evade significantly. Once more debuffs start to apply, those reductions start reversing power gain and regen.

Place where Void excels; Path 6/7/9 in AW where you see nodes like Buffet, Spite and Strike back, VS Aggression: Regen node as seen last month on Omega Red, champions that have some sort of Regen built in (Sabretooth, GG etc), champions that have a power gain mechanic (Hyperion, Mordo, OG vision, IMIW, DS and now SS), he does pretty well vs evade champions and his multiple hit heavy is a great counter to Medusa, IMIW and Heimdalls autoblock mechanics.

Overall I would definitely put him as in the top 3 of science champions and definitely top 10 in the game.

I utilise my 4/55 s46 Void everywhere. I also synergise him with my 6* Hawkeye which makes life easier vs Avengers and gives HE a nice attack boost.
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    [quote="Crazyjack719;c-607611"his multiple hit heavy is a great counter to Medusa[/quote]

DON'T, I repeat, DON'T use him against Medusa. She is broken. She will use his debuff to activate her autoblock.
    https://youtu.be/H3xCjLYYbA8

But, other than that, @Crazyjack719 is right, he's a top 10 champ.
    Synergy him with OG Hulk and ThorRag and you have all hell break loose.

• Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    [quote="Crazyjack719;c-607611"his multiple hit heavy is a great counter to Medusa

DON'T, I repeat, DON'T use him against Medusa. She is broken. She will use his debuff to activate her autoblock.
    [/quote]

While it's true that Medusa IS bugged, I disagree with the Void disclaimer.

Even with the bug, Void is one of the best Medusa counters in the game thanks to the heavy damage he can consistently inflict via Intimidating Presence debuffs while Living Strands is active. My last two wars, I've soloed 5/65 Medusa bosses with Void with time to spare.

In regards to the bug, the key is to not trigger her autoblock. You can hammer her block to push her back, but don't land more than a single successful hit at a time while Living Strands is active or you risk losing all your debuffs. Let it expire naturally and you won't have a problem.

I'm looking forward to having the bug fixed.
  • RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    Void is amazing...5/65 mine soon
  • JayCeeJayCee Posts: 732 ★★
    Void is a god. His debuffs affect everyone and can even take off more health per second than can be healed with ultron’s self repair
    Wow @NEO_mr_Anderson never noticed this as I never try to trigger her autoblock, I feel unsafe doing that as i have been punished by her before. @Mirage_Turtle I envy your ability to take Medusa bosses with Void, I encounter her on node 31 quite often but the ability to parry that node makes it an easy fight. I am still practicing the heavy counter but always get caught after a couple attempts. I also hate how Medusa is so stingy with her specials.

But having said that my 4/55 Void is sig50 and it is low so I am hungry for sig stones for him as I know how beastly he gets around sig100, although he still wrecks my whole AW path 😁
    However, Kabam has designed a node that i feel is going be the counter to Void in Act 6 and maybe future AW seasons. This node is "Tranquility" if you have encountered it in Dungeons or occult labs, with a Buffet or Masochism combination you will know what I'm talking about.
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    My questing team is Void/Hulk/Heimdall/ThorRagn/Black Widow.
    Void and Hulk are doing all the job. It's funny to have Void sp1 stun/debuff and heavy/fury.
    Why Heimdall? Hulk goes down 20% 1 bar of power/Indestructible for 5 seconds, hold block 1.5 sec back to over 20%.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Wow @NEO_mr_Anderson never noticed this as I never try to trigger her autoblock, I feel unsafe doing that as i have been punished by her before. @Mirage_Turtle I envy your ability to take Medusa bosses with Void, I encounter her on node 31 quite often but the ability to parry that node makes it an easy fight. I am still practicing the heavy counter but always get caught after a couple attempts. I also hate how Medusa is so stingy with her specials.

She's definitely among the stingier champs when it comes to throwing specials. That just adds to the beauty of Void. She's still taking steady damage while you focus on baiting them out.

To be fair, my Void is 5/65 sig 160 or so. He's definitely a champ who benefits greatly from a high signature level.