**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hyperion basic arena

TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
I'm going to grind the 4* basic for the first time for hyperion, so i have some questions.
1) what's the cost of units to refresh a 4* champion? I haven't used any of the stamina refills given in the beginner calendar yet so the unit cost isn't stated.

2) I'm pretty sure I'll need to refresh to score high enough to get hyperion, but how should i refresh to score as much as possible with my top 3 champions?
E.g. use boosts on top champs, refresh until boosts expire, wait 2 hours, repeat. Or is there another way?

Thanks!

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,723 ★★★★★
    1/ Need to get to infinite streak (start at round 16 fights) and maintain it.

2/ I think about 3-3.5m points.

3/ Each refresh is 5 units.

4/ Depending on your roster, if you can hit 1.5m per day, it will cut your use of boost and units.
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Thanks! My roster is posted in this thread. @winterthur
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/100012/need-help-with-5-2-3-buffet#latest
    The only changes since then are:
    1) wolvie: r3 to r4
    2) ghulk: r1 to r3
    3) blade: r1 to r3
    4) got rhulk levelled to 40/40

I'll try for 1.5mil each day. Along with the top 3, I'll use the 4/40s as well for some extra points, but without boosts or refreshing.
    Firstly, your roster is much much OP than mine.

You can't use 5* in basic arena. Only 4* and 3* is possible.

I can do 13 rounds at one sitting (about 300k points) in 45-50 mins (using Android so very slow) at infinite streak.

You can use this as benchmark to assess your points gain efficiency.
    Thanks man. That roster pic was for my problem with buffet so i had to show 5*s included.
    I'll try out the PM basic arena soon(without boosts/refreshing) and see how much i get in one round.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    He’s not going to go to high as he’s quite an old champ, maybe 2.5 - 3m.
    edited October 2018
    Savio444 wrote: »

True but i have everything needed to r5 him except t4b and t3b which I'll get from the heroic and master EQ exploration and proving grounds, so I'll go a bit higher, just in case.
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    You Roster is better then mine

I did my first basic Arena Week's Ago Check my post

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/98281/finally-i-did-it#latest

I did 3.4 In My First Basic Arena
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Savio444 wrote: »

True but i have everything needed to r5 him except t4b and t3b which I'll get from the heroic and master EQ exploration and proving grounds, so I'll go a bit higher, just in case.

Sure, go as high as you can. I’ve been waiting for this arena for ages.
  • KrumbledkookieKrumbledkookie Posts: 273
    I;ve already got Hype, but I do really want to awaken him, so I'll be grinding this one as well. He's an old champ, so I wouldn't expect him to go for more than 3-3.3 mil.

Proxima Midnight is a new champ with a good deal of utility for longer fights, and 3 mil was enough to get her in Round One, so I can't expect Hyperion to need more than that.

Corvus Glaive, on the other hand... his 4* Basic Arena is coming too, and It will likely take higher numbers to land him, given how good he is and how much utility he has. He might push 5 mil.
    edited October 2018
    winterthur wrote: »
    I can do 13 rounds at one sitting (about 300k points) in 45-50 mins (using Android so very slow) at infinite streak.

You can use this as benchmark to assess your points gain efficiency.

Just did one round in proxima arena and without boosts or refeshing i could get slightly less than 200k. Minus the 50k from getting the multiplier, that's about 150k per round. I used only 5/50s, 4/40s and one 3/30(not enough for a full team of 4/40s).

@winterthur when you get 300k, is that without boosts or refreshing? And what's the lowest rank of 4*s you'll use?

Top 3 champs can all get around 10k each with normal players, but if i get kang/thanos team loki will probably only get 9k.

So that means, assuming i can do the 3 fights+loading in 5 minutes, i can refresh 3 times per boost. Minimum would be 2 times. That should increase the top 3 champs' score from 30k to 135k(3 times) or 90k(2 times). Total score would then be 255k per round.
    edited October 2018
    300k is 13 rounds, 39 4*s only with lowest at 3/30.

I can use 3* (max rank) but after 40+ minutes, I can't continue (no stamina) :'( .

It is without boost and not using units.
  • Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Your roster should work. Here's the infinite streak I've been doing to maximize my points. It's different from the standard.

I only use 4* champs. Rank/level
    Fights 1-5 - 1/10, 1/10, 1/10.
    Fights 6-8 - 2/20, 2/20, 2/20
    Fights 9-15 - 5/50, 4/40, 3/30 or 4/40, 4/40, 3/30
    Fights 16 & up - 5/50, 3/30, 2/20 or 4/40, 3/30, 2/20.

This should maximize your roster use and get you more points per round.

Good luck.
  • KillerRino19KillerRino19 Posts: 370 ★★
    winterthur wrote: »
    1/ Need to get to infinite streak (start at round 16 fights) and maintain it.

2/ I think about 3-3.5m points.

3/ Each refresh is 5 units.

4/ Depending on your roster, if you can hit 1.5m per day, it will cut your use of boost and units.

Why such an high estimate when other amazing champs got low cutoffs:
    Starlord - barely at 2.5 mil
    MODOK - 2.2 mil
    Sentinel - just under 2.5 mil
    Archangel - at his best last time 2.9 mil
    Doc OC - just under 2.4 mil

I think Hyperion will go at best to 3 mil beacuse many people have him already and this isn't the first time you can get him from arena
    Thanks guys! I went for 5mil(overkill, i know), so I'm hoping for the rank up gem now. Also grinded for 3* SS on the last day, so I'm quite burnt out lol.

Anyway, could someone post how much they scored to get him after the arena ends? Thanks! I want to go for the minimum next round.
  • ShtickRickShtickRick Posts: 210
    I put up 2.9 mil and got him
    Thanks guys! I went for 5mil(overkill, i know), so I'm hoping for the rank up gem now. Also grinded for 3* SS on the last day, so I'm quite burnt out lol.

Anyway, could someone post how much they scored to get him after the arena ends? Thanks! I want to go for the minimum next round.

Congrats!
    ShtickRick wrote: »
    I put up 2.9 mil and got him

Thanks
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    He'll go for around 2.5 - 2.9 most likely so shouldn't be too hard with ur roster OP
    Yeah now I'm definitely going for the second round too. I made the mistake of comparing the unduped 4* to my sig 99 3* one lol, so i couldn't help but be disappointed with the buff duration, even with the 55% increase from synergies.
  • ShtickRickShtickRick Posts: 210
    If I were you I'd for for at least 3 mil to be safe as somebody else put up 2.6 and didn't get him
    Does anyone have the schedule for upcoming basic arenas? I know corvus is coming up after hyp but when are domino and IMIW coming?