**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Developers Thoughts: Improving Alliance Wars Discussion Thread

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    So Kabam MUST refund Mastery Deep Wound....

No they don't have any obligation to do so. Its one game mode.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Still waiting on answer if bleed immunity will stop champs that have backup armor break or cruelty buffs. This is a big deal, it affects way too many champs. I could live with the global node if it was placed on 29 or something so you could try to eliminate it but to nerf our top champs is ridiculous.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Currently, Summoners who are lucky enough to collect certain Champions will have a large advantage over Summoners that haven’t. The most seasoned Summoners who have the largest rosters have no means to utilize the breadth of their roster effectively. This does not mesh with our goal to keep Alliance Wars dynamic.

The strategic element in Alliance Wars is lacking. Having the right Champion, and being lucky in Crystal pulls, is much more important than we would like it to be. What we want to do is add more value to other Champions in Summoner Roster, Aligning this closer with our goals to keep Alliance Wars dynamic, and encourage counter-play through strategic decision making.

This is pretty insulting...

So you admit that your RNG system sucks and what you do? Once again you change the war system to adapt to a broken system. NICE!

Why don't you AT LEAST avoid to put crappy champions in the featured crystals to solve the problem? AT LEAST!

I have over 60 5s, my newest champ is Doctor Voodoo... Take note on what the real problem is.

As for the nerf situation, yes, it's a nerf but it's temporary. Mystic Dispersion is forever...
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 993 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited October 2018
    To be honest, this is probably the absolute worst thing Kabam could do. I'm still trying to get to Uncollected, so I don't have the champs nor skill level of the higher level folks but I don't see how any person (whether a player or Kabam employee) could think these initial suggestions are good ideas.

People have spent a LOT of time on this game, and ranked up the champs they feel will help them the most, and the thought process from the developers is "hey, let's have global bleed immune in war so these people will stop bringing Blade in"? And then if that wasn't enough the other thought is "even though we've done a terrible job with most of our female champs, let's give a buff to females in the hope that maybe they will start bringing in more crappy champs."

If I was someone in a position to make decisions my first question would be "how are we failing our customers by giving them so many champs they don't want to use"? When someone emails support to have them remove a 5* Kamala Khan from their account, you have a much bigger issue than can be solved by bringing in a bleed immune node.

Just some opinions from a mediocre player...

it only affects the tier 1-5 for now. if you arent uncollected then you probably arent affected
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 993 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Just buff the garbage champs and everyone will be happy. A nerfed Blade is still better than 95% of every other champ in the game.

That's not even going into how slow it is to rank a champ. You can't change the meta ion MCOC like you can in other games because it's impossible to rank everyone. Go watch a youtube vid of any other big mobile game like this and you'll see the content creators have basically all of their champs maxed out. Then go watch any MCOC end game you tuber and they have 3-4 maxed out champ. In a game where anyone can max out any champ they want in a month or two, meta changes are fine. In a game where it you couldn't even max out one champ for the first 3 years, meta changes are devastating.

You can't have your cake and eat it too Kabam. Either increase the ability to rank champs or stop trying to push diversity.

This is exactly it. Having a large roster doesnt matter if you can only max out 3-5. You would only choose the most viable champs to take to max rank. Rank ups are still very important and dependent on the current meta. Chopping and changing means for most players that their champs might get neutered in the next change.
  • ThatsausageThatsausage Posts: 214 β˜…
    It be good if alliances can customize nodes by purchasing various buffs via gold or loyalty from treasury and applying them to a node on the map. Course, these buffs will have purchasing limits, the more aggressive buffs have a single purchase limit.
    Also, to help breathe life in the lower tier champs, have tier restrictions wars.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    So, are there any high prestige tier 6 alliances out there running 5x5 AQ?
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 β˜…β˜…
    So my archangel just became useless in aw wow. I don't care about blade but why take away the only thing from champs that rely on bleed by putting bleed immune global nodes bad idea kabam. Its a direct nerf to my attack champs as i was using aa, gp and venom. Yes kabam rngesus didn't bless me.also i saw few comments from people saying bleed champs are still useful in aq and eq. Big lol on that LOL. Aq is 50% sentinels so yeah my wolverine or aa aren't doing anything there and each month we get a bleed immune boss in eq like golden symbiote this month. So my bleed champs are honestly getting undervalued for the precious resources i have put in them(t2a & t4cc) are pretty rare rank up material not to mention the gold problem. So pls kabam try to reconsider your approach towards aw nodes and difficulties
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Acanthus wrote: Β»
    If you want this mythical diversity so much, how about you just make the currently useless champions better (4 reworks in a year is not enough btw.). A gimped Blade is still better than most of the roster. Nobody's gonna be dusting off their She-Hulks, Spider-Gwens and Kamalas just because you add some global nodes, they're still garbage champions. You created this problem yourself by making the gap between the best and the worst champions so gigantic

I would use She Hulk if they gave me a She Hulk-specific 5/65 rank up gem.
    Otherwise, I will never use her. Ever. Not even in arenas.
  • In regards to keeping AW "dynamic", could it be something to consider that after a match is set between alliances, a random criteria is placed for that specific war.
    Basically similar to how the Danger Rooms were, but with a broader range like, "required champions are 4* rank 3 champs", "unduped 5* champs", "maxed 3* skill and mutant champs", "one 5*, two 4*& 3* and one 2* champs" and the like for offense etc.... I cant see how that wouldn't surprise people each war, and also promote using a wider range of champions throughout each season. Just one of a plethora of possible ideas I'm certain.
    Granted there are tons of details to be sorted out as with any other idea and it couldn't be an easy task to implement, but "easy fix" doesn't seem to be a likely option in order to acheive what's been stated as the goals for AW.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Thou I agree that chances can be good at times and also needed I disagree with the way Kabam implement changes. Next season the Global node bleed immune and female champs dealing more damage, even thou only for a season what about people that rank up killmonger, Blade and Gwenpool for war attack and now to find out those champs won't be as useful now with how limited resources are to obtain etc tier 2 alpha how can we rank up proper champs in such short notice, if you're going to change war and make it more difficult I believe 1 the rewards should be better not only that but the ability to rank up champs should be easier for example uncollected should reward 1 full tier 2 alpha and masters half of tier 2 alpha, gold 1 and up should reward one full tier 2 alpha, to implement changes without making a way for resources and GOLD to be more accessible is just dead wrong on Kabam end.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Snizzbar wrote: Β»
    R4GE wrote: Β»
    Can i get rank down tickets for this BS?

Besides the fact that it's not what they're for, what happens next rotation? More Tickets? That's a slippery slope.

Who are you to say what they are for? There used to be one reason for them, but Kabam changed the RDT game when they gave them away as a gift in December with no changes being made to a champ.

There is no longer an exact reasoning behind RDT's

One time they gave them, at Christmas, for the express purpose of preparing for the upcoming year. Once does not constitute a major change in reasoning. They've explained their intended purpose countless times. One gesture on Christmas, and people never stop implying some kind of dishonesty. At the end of the day, they are theirs to do with what they choose.

They've only given them out twice - so yes that one time they gave them out with no related changes to champs is absolutely a major change in reasoning.
    At this stage, the RDTs are for three things and three things only - champ changes, preparing for the coming year, and whatever the heck Kabam wants to give them out for. Because Kabam.

Twice. Once was for the original stated purpose. Once was a surprise gift at Christmas. Between the time they introduced them and now, the asking has never stopped, and the response has been consistent.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Can i get rank down tickets for this BS?

Besides the fact that it's not what they're for, what happens next rotation? More Tickets? That's a slippery slope.

Who are you to say what they are for? There used to be one reason for them, but Kabam changed the RDT game when they gave them away as a gift in December with no changes being made to a champ.

There is no longer an exact reasoning behind RDT's

One time they gave them, at Christmas, for the express purpose of preparing for the upcoming year. Once does not constitute a major change in reasoning. They've explained their intended purpose countless times. One gesture on Christmas, and people never stop implying some kind of dishonesty. At the end of the day, they are theirs to do with what they choose.

They gave them away once and expressed the purpose of them. Later given out another time for a completely different reasoning, suggesting not just for intended purpose that had been mentioned prior to that.

"At the end of the day, they are theirs to do with what they choose." Exactly, and being as you don't work for Kabam I don't understand why I see you spam a sole purpose for them as often as you do.

I'm sorry but who implied I work for them? I'm stating the obvious. That's not what they're for, in their own words, and they aren't likely to give them for changes like this, especially when Nodes will be rotated, and that would create an expectation to have them with every change. If the only hope people have to go on for them is a one-time gift 10 months ago, it's pretty safe to say it's not much to go on at all.
  • bryndenriversbryndenrivers Posts: 443 β˜…β˜…
    Buff 2 - Bleed Immunity:
    - Bleed immunity affects Defenders
    - Bringing in Debuff heavy Champions will still be a viable option, but Champions that rely heavily on Bleed will not be as effective this Season.

Can you please expand on this. A R5 killmonger on node 29 will now be impposible to beat unless you have a corvius. People would use blade because that was the only other counter. Node 29 is a problem and you are not hellping this out at all, just making it a lot more difficult

This.

Node 29 needs a nerf if this is the case.

I take it you’ve never heard of Sabretooth? My Sabretooth murders KM on that node and bleed immunity just makes it easier to not trigger cornered.

can i ask what tier aw your in cause i dont see anything but corvuses taking that path in tier 1. the occaisional magik but she dies more often than not trying to take a r5 km sig 200 on that node which most are sig 200 and all are r5 on 29
  • bryndenriversbryndenrivers Posts: 443 β˜…β˜…
    Magic regens rverb damage with limbo and ahe kills him 10/10 times if sou r skilled enough

maybe in tier 3 and 4 nobody is one shotting that r5 km sig 200 7/10 in tier 1 with a magik, nobody. a good leader wont allow it cause corvus should easily get the 10/10 hence not allowing the magik to take path especially when shes needed on node 30. if your running a magik up path 5 there is also other issues and i can faruntee your not any higher than p2 maybe low p1 but your not competing at the higher lwvels running magik up path 5 regularly yea maybe every couple alliance got 1 guy whos got the magik timing down so well he can one shot her more often than not but corvus is onw shotting him everytime unless he messes up magiks pee has passed shes a poor
    ans attacker these days, shes only for those that dont have a sparky blade ghost corvus champion yea her power lock is still nice but her damage is meh compared to alot of the newer champions
This discussion has been closed.