**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Please increase timeout or don't take health

In AQ during each mini boss fight time, we are getting timeout and you are taking half of my health. So either don't take health or increase timeout.

Comments

• ctp1223ctp1223 Posts: 290
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    I've had timeout issues when receiving phone calls while playing.

Really sucks when a game designed for phones doesn't fully pause when you actually get a call...

If you are implying taking away the timer, I disagree. I or someone else might get a phone call and forget about the game entirely and then I am stuck in the fight until I remember. AQ/AW halts.

Increasing the timer? Meh, I think it is ok.

Taking away half health when the timer expires? That sucks. If you stay alive long enough for the timer to expire, I think it should be a reward, not a punishment. The game is only getting harder these days.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    They have to take half health bc people abide the timeout function
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    It's definitely a pain but does increase the challenge. Try regen champs or harder hitting champ.

I personally only really see this problem in AQ rhino on day 4 and 5 usually myself. I just use rogue and regen all the health back.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Dude, that's way too much time. They might as well reomve timeout with those times
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    It adds challenge to finish the fights quicker. A lot of champs easily finish aq and aw mini bosses and bosses in the time limit given
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    The timer was originally put in place to auto-kick people out of fights who paused the game and didn't log back on so that other alliance mates could enter the fight.

The half health penalty was originally put in place because of exploiters who would force close the app to restart fights if things didn't go so well.

Both of these functions still need to be in the game, but the timer has become more of a hurdle than it was originally intended to be. It seriously needs to be increased. Even just 2 minutes more would make a world of difference.
  • ralmadaralmada Posts: 191
    50% health loss as penalty is a big bad joke. Change to 25% and this starts to be fair.
  • TryakshaTryaksha Posts: 202
    hqfqbtcny2yr.png

Happened just now in AW for no reason..
  • Tryaksha wrote: »
    hqfqbtcny2yr.png

There was a reason, you ran out of time...
  • wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    Tryaksha wrote: »
    hqfqbtcny2yr.png

e0mfi1d0obwl.jpg

Had the same thing happen. Lost health and champ. Three times this war so far. Complete bs.
  • wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    hqfqbtcny2yr.png

Actually incorrect. The match ended right after it started. Don't comment unless you have some kind of knowledge.
  • TryakshaTryaksha Posts: 202
    hqfqbtcny2yr.png

hahaha.. i start the fight, the loading spinner keeps spinning and next is this screen..i really ran out of time..:)
  • Atomic_WolfAtomic_Wolf Posts: 59
    hqfqbtcny2yr.png

That happened to me in AQ. I just started the fight and got that message. Like wray1976 said, the fight ended when it started. Luckily I didn't lose any health though.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    You can't remove the health penalty, that would allow players to see their opponent and then time out so they can use the correct champ. Would totally negate the detect masteries, and would be exploited to no end.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    You can't remove the health penalty, that would allow players to see their opponent and then time out so they can use the correct champ. Would totally negate the detect masteries, and would be exploited to no end.

Not only that, if the fight doesn't go the way they want, they simply force close the app and restart the fight. It was abused constantly in AQ before the health penalty was implemented.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    I've had that happen and then also have had it where I clicked start, a loading screen came up, and then I was back looking at the AW map with half my health gone. Had both happen a couple times at least.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★

Excellent point. But what about final boss fights for aw and aq fights? I think something should be done for those, even if it's just increasing the timer.
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    In AQ during each mini boss fight time, we are getting timeout and you are taking half of my health. So either don't take health or increase timeout.

I think 3 min timer adds to the challenge. If timer was 5 min, for example, then you could take any champ to fight the miniboss.
    I was lucky to dupe and rank to 4 my 5* BP. With starting prestige of 4.2k, I need 2 min max on day 5 for 2nd Rhino. 4.2k is not very high prestige, so even with higher prestige you wouldn't time out with him.

What I want to say is, 3 min timer poses a challenge unto itself. Not only you have to play perfectly, but you also have to bring the right champ. I love using Rogue against Mordo, even though I know I will time out - with so many furies from Mordo, I quickly get the life lost back.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    I don't believe they need to lengthen. Good players can solo bosses (with the right attacker) or drop with one time out. I think that's pretty stable, I don't really want to wait 5 minutes for someone else to finish a fight before I get a shot at the boss :)
  • PrinceIndiaPrinceIndia Posts: 49
    After reading so many views. I liked the idea time out should increase based on your AQ prestige. In day 4-5 timeout should be at least 5 min, if your alliance have very very high prestige.
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    Fights against minibosses and bosses do take much longer since the new diminishing returns system was implemented, especially as prestige scales. I agree the timers need to be adjusted accordingly. Fights that used to take 75 hits to win now take 150 plus hits which means they do take a lot longer. Was this an oversight by the game team or is this by design?
  • NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    High prestige alliances will bring R4 5* SL for AQ bosses.

Most fights are over well under 3 minutes with him.
  • Mystic_ManeMystic_Mane Posts: 46
    It would be nice to keep your health when you time out. It would definitely allow us to fight AQ and AW bosses with a much wider variety of characters. For the most part, the 3 minute timer is enough, although as some others have said, Starlord or regen champs are quite helpful.
  • Mystic_ManeMystic_Mane Posts: 46
    Shrimkins wrote: »

Not only that, if the fight doesn't go the way they want, they simply force close the app and restart the fight. It was abused constantly in AQ before the health penalty was implemented.

After reading this, I've changed my mind. They should keep the timeout health penalty, unless they have a way to differentiate a legit timeout vs force closing the app.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Buy a phone just to play or dont take calls when u are playing simple. This post is nonsense.