**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Omega Red's Death Spores are not scaling at all with attack boosts/nodes

After a bit of testing, the damage from his death spores (both from signature ability and death field) do not scale with any attack boosts, masteries, or class advantage/disadvantage. This is stated no where in his spotlight. Passive degeneration has been shown to scale directly with attack modifiers before like with Dormammu's passive degen. This is hindering omega red's effectiveness by quite a bit.

As a side note, I've noticed another bug with him where death spores will continue to fall off when you're still within striking distance proximity of the opponent.

Comments

• HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    @Kabam Zibiit Is this something you could look into / bring to the team? Without any mastery/node scaling, this champion's damage output is severely gimped. There is nothing in the spotlight/dev comments that indicate his damage shouldn't be scaling with attack modifiers.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Should it? I am wondering about this to!!
    edited October 2018
    Video evidence of omega red's death spores bugged. I am playing with no other champs but Omega Red on my team. Pay close attention to the red damage tick numbers:

qj06cx72s2yw.png

In this first GIF, is a 5/65 Omega Red sig 115 which deals 1220.45 damage per second. I also have suicides on. Damage ticks are shown for every half-second, so the 611 damage per second shown equals exactly to the sig damage of 1220.45. This has to be a bug, because I have full suicides AND class advantage in the first fight, which should boost the degen damage by over 70%. The first gif shows clearly that his degen is not being affected by any attack modifiers.
    flk3wdwde5jd.png

https://giphy.com/gifs/BpRyl5JUbqigqaqPqV

In this second GIF, the same damage of 611 tick is shown against Captain Marvel whom I do not have class advantage against. These numbers should not be the same. Further proves that degen damage is not affected by attack modifiers at all. Boosts aren't affecting the damage either.
    pj7gs7qvc867.png

https://giphy.com/gifs/2mHMxzcfdN3ftY8SjW

Omega Red deals a passive degen, same as Dormammu. In Dormammu's case, his degen damage is affected by all attack modification nodes, boosts, class advantage, etc so I don't see why Omega Red's passive degen shouldn't act the same. It is stated no where that Omega Red's death spores are based off base attack damage only. When increasing Omega Red's base attack (via attack% synergy) then the death spore damage DOES go up accordingly.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit Please confirm if this is a bug or not. If Omega Red's damage was always intended to be base attack only, that needed to be stated in the original spotlight. (like Domino's sig). If it is meant to scale like any other damage ability, there is clearly a bug here. This affects his death field spore damage as well.
  • Wow. I've sunk a whole lotta stones into mine lol. Been kinda miserable lately bc I'm deciding between a few different champs, including omega, to R4. Glad I've been indecisive now.
    chunkyb wrote: »
    Wow. I've sunk a whole lotta stones into mine lol. Been kinda miserable lately bc I'm deciding between a few different champs, including omega, to R4. Glad I've been indecisive now.

Yup he’s still a good champ, but this bug is something that needs to be clarified/ironed out for people like you who need to make these decisions.
  • Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Posts: 297 ★★★
    The lvl of damage is based on sig lvl not attack of the champ. It has a fixed damage that can't be changed. The champ could have a million boosts and still cause the same amount of spore damage. Dorm's sig ability is based on his attack strength which made him OP before the MD nerf.
  • The lvl of damage is based on sig lvl not attack of the champ. It has a fixed damage that can't be changed. The champ could have a million boosts and still cause the same amount of spore damage. Dorm's sig ability is based on his attack strength which made him OP before the MD nerf.

Interesting.
    The lvl of damage is based on sig lvl not attack of the champ. It has a fixed damage that can't be changed. The champ could have a million boosts and still cause the same amount of spore damage. Dorm's sig ability is based on his attack strength which made him OP before the MD nerf.

Where is that stated though in his spotlight / mod comments? I found the same thing through testing, but no other champ has damaging abilities that scale like that except Domino, where it’s explicitly stated that her sig ability is based off base attack only.
    Having a damaging ability NOT scale with attack modifiers is a huge penalty compared to damaging abilities that do scale with attack modifiers. Something big like that needs to be stated by mod comments / spotlight / ability description before his arena and FGMCs already pass. Imagine if Blade’s bleed damage did not scale with danger sense attack bonus, boosts, masteries, etc. Or Hyperion’s incinerate damage didn’t stack with furies gained from his heavy. There is a big distinction between “base-attack only” abilities and regular-scaling abilities.
  • Jeramy6815Jeramy6815 Posts: 67
    MS bleed is affected by attack so should OR
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Kabam needs to andwer this

Here is a 200 sig omega in epic lab
    This damage has to be right?

Last i checked sig abilities have never been altered before by any mode/node/gameplay

Please address op problem and if omega is working as intended

My current omega is 180 i am not sure if it will even reach this high of dmg from sig

@Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf
    @Kabam Vydious

3yrq64wzjwyz.jpeg
    If it’s from Epic then it’s probably a 6* rank 3+ or something
  • TreoTreo Posts: 382 ★★
    edited October 2018
    Tbh I think none of the passive damage abilities should scale with attack rating ... this is causing a lot of backlash in different areas of the game ... I agree it should be clarified.
    Bump any acknowledgement / clarification on this bug?
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    I'd like this clarified as well. I use my 5/50 Omega as my go to immune champ and have a bunch of paths to clear in act 5 where he's my main champ, like biohazard or poison and bleed. I cleared one earlier using and ran a boost and wondered why his DOT wasn't increasing.

Yep that is a great way to test it. Slap any attack boost on and compare his degen damage before / after. It SHOULD increase, but it is not.
    Any mod/dev been able to test this out yet?
    Bump still a big issue
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 648 ★★★
    Omega specifically gives a flat value for damage in his spotlight, while others, like Dorm, specifically state a percent. Therefore it would follow that while Dorm's would scale, Omega's wouldn't.

I do, however, understand the confusion, as in-game both just state values.
  • Damn was thinking it taking mine to r5 5*, but will hold off until we hear more. Surprised kabam has not responded to this yet.
  • Hey there, the damage from Omega Red's Death Factor, Death Field, and Signature ability is not supposed to scale with things like boosts or class advantage/disadvantage and his damage was tuned and balanced with this in mind. However, this design also makes it so that things like Weakness or class disadvantage can't lower the damage these abilities to, so he can be taken into fights that have these factors without having to worry about opponents lowering that damage. Also, the Degeneration from his heavy attack will scale with things like boosts. We'll start working on getting his description updated to clarify all of this as well.
    Hey there, the damage from Omega Red's Death Factor, Death Field, and Signature ability is not supposed to scale with things like boosts or class advantage/disadvantage and his damage was tuned and balanced with this in mind. However, this design also makes it so that things like Weakness or class disadvantage can't lower the damage these abilities to, so he can be taken into fights that have these factors without having to worry about opponents lowering that damage. Also, the Degeneration from his heavy attack will scale with things like boosts. We'll start working on getting his description updated to clarify all of this as well.

Thank you for the reply. That is a bit disappointing there was no mention in the spotlight or indication this was the case at his release, but thank you for confirming. I hope in future champ releases, base attack scale vs attack modifiers scale can be explicitly stated since it makes a huge difference.