**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is the new featured crystal worth it?

Is the new featured crystal worth it? 123 votes

Yes
51%
ArcDeAngelusDNA3000GroundedWisdomGamerRagamugginGunnerSuperChronaHaji_Saab2StarKingHort4AraevinallinashesSuperman69nameplasVinitlalka1988Darkrider05Jim0172Notcho59khehmistStucatAnonymous346 63 votes
No
48%
Madman_marvinBigPoppaCBONEDrZolaLeNoirFaineantSeverus35ChadhoganWorld EaterRaganatorMaximus_SpankersonNguyenDauJadedhephaestusadqqedfyvrDaredevi1Fan7GrafikdevGNASTYAquamaHeadrollerJohnyzeroAshburn 60 votes

Comments

• FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    No
    No
  • AquamaAquama Posts: 135
    No
    Lower grade players as top prizes. No. And it’s still 60/40. Korg and Emma are the only gamble and that’s like 1 in 20.
  • JayCeeJayCee Posts: 732 ★★
    No
    One word; Karnak
  • SaikologicalSaikological Posts: 45
    edited October 2018
    Yes
    Yes, actually quite a few really nice ones and still a way higher chance of getting something decent when compared to the regular crystal.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,903 ★★★★★
    it depends on the roster you have, they're some great champs but also some alright. Also most of them u can get in basic
  • No
    I aint wastin another 5k shards for that..
    Definitely gonna save
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,126 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Im wuld say the new one is worth it. Ghost is pretty much a good champ
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,898 ★★★★★
    Yes
    For me it is. It has 3 champs in my top 5 favourite that I don’t have as 5*s.(Emma, Ghost and Quake). I will be buying these like nobody’s business
  • YouconfusedYouconfused Posts: 271
    It’s subjective. If you have a lot of those champs already and want to dupe then yes. I haven’t Karnak, carnage, DOCTOR VOODOO, and googles undupped and I really want Blade and omega red so I’m considering it tbh. I just wish Stark sparky was in it as well. P
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    Yes
    I want RedSkull so I will go for it
  • Yes
    Blade,quake and heimdal
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    No
    Gamer wrote: »

but your chances of getting Ghost are about 1/20.
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    No
    Honestly the only featured crystal that has been worth it has been this current featured IMO (I don't mean the one that goes up next week I mean the one with domino and corvus
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Yes
    I’m not one to go for featured crystals. But honestly this one looks amazing, Venom and Carnage, Blade, Quake, Voodoo, along with the 6 featureds, it’s a pretty good 50/50 shot at a good champ or an average one, both Spider-Man characters also aren’t bad
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Yes
    About half the crystal is good, and half the crystal is trash.
    Perfect balance, as all things should be
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,541 ★★★★★
    No
    Very significant downside. I suppose if you want a SL or Voodoo dupe or have faith you can score an otherwise unavailable champ, then it might be ok. But the clunkers in there are rage-quit material.

Dr. Zola
  • NewYorkSmittyNewYorkSmitty Posts: 67
    Yes
    I run suicides so this is actually the crystal for me. The extra 5k burns me but I'm going for it.
  • Supremeguy95Supremeguy95 Posts: 447
    edited October 2018
    Ghost, Blade, Voodoo, Omega, Emma Frost, Venom, Heimdall are all great champs to get imo.
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    Yes
    The_Boss9 wrote: »
    Gamer wrote: »

but your chances of getting Ghost are about 1/20.

1 in 24
  • Akkarin23Akkarin23 Posts: 99
    Maybe is a good shot for me by the fact that I have an awakening gem waiting for Star Lord, have resources to take blade to rank 4 or I could finally dupe my Voodoo and take him to rank 4. Depends on your roster.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    I’m gonna give it a shot. Chance to get my blade duped, getting Emma, omega red, or korg. Main reason why I’m buying it is korg
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Yes
    I’m hoping for omega red would love him
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian
    Yes
    I'm in a very odd position. I just reviewed the new featured contents and compared to my roster. I am *compelled* to buy the featured crystal come end of October. I cannot justify buying the basic crystal at all.

I have 51 5* champions at the moment, about half of the available amount. And yet, of the twenty four champs in the upcoming crystal, I have exactly three: Star Lord, Howard the Duck, and Blade. And my SL is not awakened. That means if I pull the featured crystal I have a 23 out of 24 chance to either get a new champ, awaken a god tier champ, or add signature levels to my strongest champ.

As an arena grinder the only champ in the crystal I do not want is Howard the Duck. Everything else is good. Even OML, even Red Skull. If I pull a basic, I have an almost 50/50 chance of duplicating an existing champ, and the odds of awakening a champ I really want to awaken is low. Anything other than awakening a high tier champ doesn't help much. A bad but new champ helps me far more than a good but not great awakening.

I never thought I would be here when these featureds were first announced, but I can honestly say that every single champion in it is something I want, with just one exception.
  • ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    Yes
    Though other crystals have had a better spread of good champs, this one finally has champs that would advance my roster further.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    No
    It could be worth it depending on your roster