**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dr. Strange and Electro

Since these champs have been available in a crystal are they added to the pool or will be at some point? Not buying any crystals either way but curious.

Comments

• DrAwkwardPhDDrAwkwardPhD Posts: 234 ★★
    I’m wondering the same, because I want to know when I can dupe my 5 Star Strange!
  • nope, not a chance when they can milk the whales
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,355 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    Switch, Thor or Widow, definitely. Even after their 12.0 nerfs. I might even be tempted by a War Machine

But Strange?

Nah.

With Electro and now DS released, I don't suppose any of the mods feel like telling us if there are plans for any more rare-release 5* champions?
  • Nickname207Nickname207 Posts: 241
    I would take a 5* Wolvie,SWitch or Thor any day, but DS? Gotta be joking.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Yeah no DRS is an easy pass. I get why people would get electro...defensive nightmare. They over corrected the nerf of DRS so badly that he is a useless champ. they do not know how badly he is nerfed and useless he is because the DEVs don't play the game in any meaningful way. Scarlett Witch would make them a mint if she was released.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    Nostalgia pulls at me, but then I remember how bitter the 12.0 pill was to swallow. Gutted a beloved champ in the name of balance only to release subsequent champs that outstrip his abilities.

Basic decency should prevent releasing Doc as 5*. At this stage, he should be a door prize for becoming Uncollected.

Dr. Zola

Last time I checked, there were maybe seven Mystic characters better than Strange -- Voodoo, SWitch, Magik, Morningstar, Ghost Rider, The Hood and Dormammu. Symbiote Supreme is more useful in any matchups where Counterspell would be active, if not better outright -- depends on how much you value the ability to heal

Seven Mystic characters alone that are better than Strange. Guillotine isn't demonstrably worse and when duped is arguably better. Loki and Juggernaut are as effective at what they do as Strange at what he does

It's sad. It really is. I know they have given the character buffs through Synergies, but meh. I passed, as well. Not even sure when or where I would use a 5-star Strange before Voodoo, Magik and Morningstar, probably Hood or Dormammu, and that tells you all you need to know

• Supremeguy95Supremeguy95 Posts: 447
    I can just imagine the yellow numbers on an SP2 crit from a 5* duped Switch with a couple of fury/cruelty buffs.
  • bpunk88bpunk88 Posts: 184 ★★★
    OP's question is valid: Will Electro and Doctor Strange be added to the basic crystal pool?

Previously the only champions that exclusive (Vision, Red Deadpool) we obtained via unit offers or arena.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    ESF wrote: »
    Nostalgia pulls at me, but then I remember how bitter the 12.0 pill was to swallow. Gutted a beloved champ in the name of balance only to release subsequent champs that outstrip his abilities.

Basic decency should prevent releasing Doc as 5*. At this stage, he should be a door prize for becoming Uncollected.

Dr. Zola

Last time I checked, there were maybe seven Mystic characters better than Strange -- Voodoo, SWitch, Magik, Morningstar, Ghost Rider, The Hood and Dormammu. Symbiote Supreme is more useful in any matchups where Counterspell would be active, if not better outright -- depends on how much you value the ability to heal

Seven Mystic characters alone that are better than Strange. Guillotine isn't demonstrably worse and when duped is arguably better. Loki and Juggernaut are as effective at what they do as Strange at what he does

It's sad. It really is. I know they have given the character buffs through Synergies, but meh. I passed, as well. Not even sure when or where I would use a 5-star Strange before Voodoo, Magik and Morningstar, probably Hood or Dormammu, and that tells you all you need to know

That’s a stretch if I ever saw one. Dr strange duped high sig r4 5* would be great in war. Counter medusa easy af. Better then all those you mentioned.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Jaded wrote: »

Dr. Zola

That’s a stretch if I ever saw one. Dr strange duped high sig r4 5* would be great in war. Counter medusa easy af. Better then all those you mentioned.

I'd rather have any of those characters for the game, now and going forward, than Strange for maybe one matchup in one mode. I'd still use others before him, but to each their own. But for what you're talking about, you need that DS duped....good luck with that

• NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★

Dr. Zola

Better than VooDoo Scarlett MorningStar and Ghost Rider ? No sir that is a stretch
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Namelez wrote: »

Dr. Zola

Better than VooDoo Scarlett MorningStar and Ghost Rider ? No sir that is a stretch

Yup he would be better then voodoo, Morningstar and ghostrider in aw for medusa fights. Sw doesn’t have a 5*.
    Nullify buffs without even touching opponents...
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Honestly I'm more curious about electro than Dr. Strange. Right out of the box I think S.S would be better for Medusa than Strange. After 12.0 my Strange went from r5 to r3 and has stayed there. Honestly I doubt I would take either past R3 if I pulled them. My biggest reason for asking is more for synergies in the future. I hate having a 5* that only has synergies with a 4*
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    What's really sad is, in another time, long ago, a 5* Doctor Strange would have ruled the Battlerealm. A pre 12.0 5* DS offer would have broken the bank.

If

Kabam would just give back some of the abilities DS once had he would be a solid champ. I seriously can't imagine anyone actually spending to get him outside of just wanting him for the collection. Basically every other mystic champ is better than him, all around.

Anyone defending this offer has no real knowledge of what DS once was. And no real knowledge of what he now is....
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    I guess nobody knows...
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,911 ★★★★★
    they did him like the comics, in the comics Dr.Strange was pretty much a god then the vishanti stripped him of his powers and left him with a small fraction of powers and now he's the Dr.Strange we all know