**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Which 4* mutant to awaken?

I just finished the web slinger challenge and got a mutant awakening gem. Currently I have the following 4* mutants:

ALREADY AWAKENED:
Rogue
Deadpool (X-Force)
X-23
Wolverine
Gambit
Storm
Magneto
Magneto (Marvel Now)
Colossus

NOT AWAKENED:
Cyclops (Blue)
Cyclops (Red)
Beast

I'm leaning towards Beast but am tempted to save it in case I ever pop a Nightcrawler, or using it on Red Cyclops just because I can't awaken him any other way. All of the other mutants I am missing are coming up as basics in arena so I will just get them and awaken them that way (haven't missed a basic since the arena changeover which has really helped my roster.) I suppose I could save it to use on one of the upcoming basic mutants just to save myself a second grind...opinions?

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Save it for iceman or AA
  • Jay_IberoJay_Ibero Posts: 265
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Save it for iceman or AA

Yeah, they will probably be rough grinds just to get once. Not like any of the unawakened mutants I have are in desperate need of awakening. Plus that would free me up to try for the featured they get paired with if I don't already have them.
    You could pull a 4* one. I wouldn't use it on beast because I'm in the same boat lol. Beast and both cyclops are my o to options so I'm saving it
    Only
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    See, I'd go Cyclops just because he's impossible to dupe without a gem. He's not amazing, though, so it's up to you.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I'd probably just save it for Iceman or AA. Save yourself an arena grind.
    You can dupe him through LOL. That's how I duped my Ronan
  • whaler213whaler213 Posts: 151
    save it
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    Beast is a little bugged right now but once awakened he's excellent. One of my favorite champs. Probably not a popular opinion though.

AA is also amazing. If you get him you'll want him awakened also.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    Save it. Beast is great awakened and I use him all the time, but he is not worthy of a gem. If you already had Iceman and AA duped then you could use it on beast.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    And do not use it on NC. He's a better defender unduped.
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    Save it. Beast is great awakened and I use him all the time, but he is not worthy of a gem. If you already had Iceman and AA duped then you could use it on beast.

Yeah you're probably right. I awakened mine through arena a while back but probably wouldn't use a gem on him. But he does need to be awakened to be good IMO.
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    Beast would be ok, but not really worth a gem, imo. And you definitely DO NOT want to purposely awaken Nightcrawler. His sig ability allows for him to switch fighting modes like a half second faster, which actually makes him easier to beat as a war defender.

As others have said, I'd hold the gem and wait for a better mutant like AA or Iceman.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Iceman or Archangel are two of the best mutants in the game, better than Wolverine, Rogue and X23. Save it for them. And as others have said do not awaken Nightcrawler as you'd be doing those that face him in war a favor by making him easier to switch to swashbuckling mode.
  • Jay_IberoJay_Ibero Posts: 265
    Guess I'm saving it for now.