**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is the Vishanti Crystal (Chance of 5 star Doctor Strange) Worth it?

I'm trying to help my friend Lacrosseboss4, who's favorite hero is Doctor Strange. He has 2,300 units, but doesn't think he should go for it. Is it worth it? And Did you get a 5 star Doctor Strange?

Is the Vishanti Crystal (Chance of 5 star Doctor Strange) Worth it? 36 votes

It's Worth it (Did not get 5 star Doctor Strange)
8%
G0311GhostboytjieRehan010_ 3 votes
It's not worth it (Did not get Doctor Strange)
50%
Whododo872A_Noob_Is1JamesMAntony687adqqedfyvrStucatSavio444Mlewis37Hammerbro_64My_SuperiorB_Dizzle_01VoltolosMrOnizukakepalahotakkoSparkyCzMbizzLowercaseCube42D3STROY3R 18 votes
It's Worth it, but didn't get a 5 star Doctor Strange
5%
John757LostReplica23 2 votes
Not Worth it, I got Doctor Strange 5 star, but hE SuCks! REEEEEE!
36%
INTEGRALTrimbobAkhilxcxAdvZuko_ILCcx23433Charlie_SceneDR_MantisToboggan1Mitchell35crystaldsmithpeasantFungeonMrBanks 13 votes

Comments

• Splatattack8Splatattack8 Posts: 68
    REEEEEEEEEEE!
    IDK, I'm not uncollected, but this is for my bud, who is
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    It's not worth it. Even paired up with Mephisto and Symbiote Strange for synergies, he's a shadow of his former self.
    It's not worth it. Even paired up with Mephisto and Symbiote Strange for synergies, he's a shadow of his former self.

So... Does he suck? I mean like I have a 4 star version of Doctor Strange, but never bothered using him
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    DS does not suck, but the nerf affected him enough that he's really not worth anything more than pulling him when you pull him
    DS does not suck, but the nerf affected him enough that he's really not worth anything more than pulling him when you pull him

Okay, Thanks. Didn't know cuz haven't used him yet.
    So, he's just a trophy champ and a war slave?
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★

So... Does he suck? I mean like I have a 4 star version of Doctor Strange, but never bothered using him

No he absolutely does not. People keep saying he’s nowhere near what he once was but if we’re being honest he was genuinely overpowered. That doesn’t mean to say he’s bad in his current state. Quite the opposite in fact. Easily one of the best, if not the best nullify champ in the game. Between counterspell, sp2 nullify (during life steal phase) and fate seal he can shut down opponent buffs with minimum effort. Makes him a great medusa counter for example. With armour up he takes less damage, has much higher block proficiency and can apply up to 3 stacks of weakness with his sp2. Can help you survive against sp3 attacks if it comes to that.

With fury he has an increase crit rate, higher raw damage and can apply 3 armour breaks with sp2. His damage is nothing special, but it’s not that bad either.

With life steal he can heal back some health for each of his successful attacks. It’s ok without mephisto, if played well it’s still useful, but with mephisto it’s great. Looking at around 15-30% health recovery each time he enters that phase. Also allows him to nullify with each sp2 hit and gain a bit of extra power on each hit.

The next thing I see people complain about is the slow power gain. But I actually use more specials with DS than any other champ. If you have MD, counterspell gives you bursts of power constantly. I’ve had quite a few fights where I can literally just chain sp2 or sp3s together one after the other. I still find use for mine in uncollected EQs and sometimes act 5. I would actually 5/65 him if I had a duped 5*. I know it’s not a popular opinion, but I see him called useless far too often. He’s only useless if you don’t know how to use him. Still has a great ability set and some very strong matchups. Since all of his attacks are energy based, he can be a decent counter to people like Korg as well.
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★

No he absolutely does not. People keep saying he’s nowhere near what he once was but if we’re being honest he was genuinely overpowered. That doesn’t mean to say he’s bad in his current state. Quite the opposite in fact. Easily one of the best, if not the best nullify champ in the game. Between counterspell, sp2 nullify (during life steal phase) and fate seal he can shut down opponent buffs with minimum effort. Makes him a great medusa counter for example. With armour up he takes less damage, has much higher block proficiency and can apply up to 3 stacks of weakness with his sp2. Can help you survive against sp3 attacks if it comes to that.

With fury he has an increase crit rate, higher raw damage and can apply 3 armour breaks with sp2. His damage is nothing special, but it’s not that bad either.

With life steal he can heal back some health for each of his successful attacks. It’s ok without mephisto, if played well it’s still useful, but with mephisto it’s great. Looking at around 15-30% health recovery each time he enters that phase. Also allows him to nullify with each sp2 hit and gain a bit of extra power on each hit.

The next thing I see people complain about is the slow power gain. But I actually use more specials with DS than any other champ. If you have MD, counterspell gives you bursts of power constantly. I’ve had quite a few fights where I can literally just chain sp2 or sp3s together one after the other. I still find use for mine in uncollected EQs and sometimes act 5. I would actually 5/65 him if I had a duped 5*. I know it’s not a popular opinion, but I see him called useless far too often. He’s only useless if you don’t know how to use him. Still has a great ability set and some very strong matchups. Since all of his attacks are energy based, he can be a decent counter to people like Korg as well.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    WHAT'S NEXT KAMALA AS BEST COSMIC BCOZ SHE GAINS FURY AND HAS POISON IMMUNITY AND IRON PATRIOT AS GOD TIER TECH BCOZ HE GETS ARMOR UPS AND REGEN
    ARE YOU SERIOUS ABOUT DR STRANGE??
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★

He definitely wasn't overpowered before his synergy was. 0 block damage made him a god. Otherwise he was squishy and balanced especially when compared to newer champs. Now hes just terrible.
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »

He definitely wasn't overpowered before his synergy was. 0 block damage made him a god. Otherwise he was squishy and balanced especially when compared to newer champs. Now hes just terrible.

He was overpowered without synergy. He could perfect block every attack with armour up, heal a massive amount of health if you had armour break on beforehand, take 0 damage from any attack with 3 weakness stacks etc. In the right hands he was extremely powerful. I’m just saying he’s still useful now, he isn’t what he used to be, but that does not mean he’s bad.
    Akhilxcx wrote: »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    WHAT'S NEXT KAMALA AS BEST COSMIC BCOZ SHE GAINS FURY AND HAS POISON IMMUNITY AND IRON PATRIOT AS GOD TIER TECH BCOZ HE GETS ARMOR UPS AND REGEN
    ARE YOU SERIOUS ABOUT DR STRANGE??

If you don’t like him now that’s fine, you’re entitled to your opinion on him. But I actually really like him, can still come in handy for a lot of things.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    It's Worth it (Did not get 5 star Doctor Strange)
    lz1chbg1mo53.jpg
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    It's not worth it (Did not get Doctor Strange)
    DS is on the low end of mystic champs. Don’t spend on him.
  • sbdjdksbdjdk Posts: 178
    No fgmc is worth it