**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How Important is Roster Size and Prestige Really? (edited by a mod for clarity)

crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
edited October 2018 in Strategy and Tips
Quick caveat, this is intended to be a friendly discussion to satisfy my own curiosity. Mostly to gain insight to the opinions of others.

There's always been a large focus on roster size and prestige. From recruiting to general "how good are you" conversations. Skill, however, is the single most important aspect of the game. While that's something you can't easily measure without giving someone a chance, I assume that's why the prestige conversations come up so often. At first, for a while, I really thought it could have been ego driven, which I'm sure for some it very much is. This game tends to make people feel quite good about themselves. Lol

I don't have a really good sense of equating prestige or roster or Alliance size to one another, or even anything else. Honestly, I've never paid much attention or had the hopes of being an end game player. I've mostly been f2p. A whale? Ha. I'm plankton at best. I'm probably, no definitely, very average across the board.

I've been in an alliance that teetered on G1 and P3 with only a 4,700 prestige. Now I'm not much higher and in a G3 having HATED the grind. I have no idea what prestige one SHOULD have on either level.

I never really thought much about those stats. I couldn't even tell you the size of my roster now, but most would probably say it's not very big (that's what she said.)

I know this is all completely subjective, but I really wanted to converse about it. I'm guessing that setting a prestige size requirement is the same logic as asking for an AA degree to score an interview. You're hoping the basics of gameplay, skill, and knowledge are there.

I would love to hear from you with your opinions on it all, and your own experiences.
Post edited by Kabam Porkchop on

Comments

• mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Prestige DOES affect AW Matchmaking to a degree. It is not based on War Rating alone. this is why high rated alliances starting out have difficulty finding wars right away. If you have a high war rating but low prestige, it'll be hard for you to find wars.

but, don't worry about the prestige game. worry about the skill game, which if you played in a p3 alliance at 4500 you're doing ok then skill wise i'd say. unless you're pushing for at least top 500, then you don't really need to worry about the prestige play. luckily, most of the useful champs in this game have adequate prestige.
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    @Philly3974 I totally agree, 100%! It was definitely easier to make bank on some AQ rewards for sure. We recruited a lot using a minimum prestige as the main factor but I would say that of players don't have the skill level that matches their rosters. Just as lots of players have skill levels that far surpass their rosters. I guess for really high-end alliances and end game players they need those pre-qualifications there. Now my Defenders really weren't Platinum Worthy, they still aren't, but I don't attribute that to prestige. More so getting the good pulls, and then getting the resources to rank them. It's the resource grind I hate. Thanks for your input!
    @mum_m2 thanks so much for your input! I actually didn't know that Prestige was a factor in the algorithms that determined War matchmaking. I can see where that may make for uneven wars. it would make sense that some alliances may want a prestige focus for that purpose alone.

I've never really worried too much about roster size or Prestige. I'm really just concerned about having the champs that I need to do the job at hand.

I'll be honest it started to become a bit of a struggle in the Platinum range and it was completely doable but it just wasn't a grind that I wanted. I just don't see myself being committed enough to be in one of the top 500 at all. No way I'd be good enough anyway. Lol

You've really help shed some perspective though on why Prestige conversations come up as much as they do. Outside of AQ rewards I hadn't thought about it in terms of War matchmaking. I'd only thought about it in war from the context of having Defenders.
  • Philly3974Philly3974 Posts: 360
    @crystaldsmith I agree.. we do try and recruit using a base min of 5k prestige just so our prestige doesn't take too much of a hit... I've seen way too many players have huge rosters upwards of over 600k PI and their skill can't even get them through map 5 on day 1. We have 2 lower rated PI players in our alliance who can get through map 5 without using items on day 5..I definitely prefer skill over roster size. The resource grind is horrible, esp when it comes to gold :neutral:
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    I think prestige should be shown on our profiles. Also the titles are a good indication of skill (uncollected/ elders bane)
    @SandeepS the thing about content with this game is is that it's easy to buy your way through any and all of it. You can buy your way through Alliance Wars. You can buy your way through getting uncollected. You can buy your way through Alliance Quest. If you dump enough money the resources you need to get through content is unlimited. There's a massive difference between someone who buys their way through the content and someone who just smokes it because they're that good. although it definitely can be an indication of skill I think it could also be an indication of someone's willingness to spend. Both are good things though. Thanks for your input!

I think having Prestige shown on someone's profile is kind of a cool idea. Keeps people honest
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    Has a gerneral guideline prestige will go up as your skill developed bc you are able to beat harder content and get more rank up materials. Like your first rank 5 four star then your first rank 4 five star. So if people have a high prestige then you can assume they are a good fighter too. Not always true but it is a good measure in most cases. The other thing is higher prestige helps with aq rewards
  • RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    Philly3974 wrote: »
    Prestige only affects AQ, the higher the prestige=higher points=higher rewards=higher AQ rankings. I'm in a 15M, G1 alliance and we don't necessarily focus on prestige but it does help with the increase in rewards. My prestige is hovering around 6800 right now.

My alliance doesn't rank champs for prestige while some players or alliances require that, our alliance ranks champs according to AW defense diversity mostly, then we focus on AQ. This last AQ we finished just shy of 140M points and ranked 715.

My advice, don't rank for prestige only, its a never ending tail chasing race, esp with all these new champs being released unless you looking to join an alliance that's prestige AQ focused. I rank champs that I like to use, can complete end game content and are useful in AQ/AW..

Whts your ally and currently any openings?

I can do 5x5 comfortably... current prestige 6k
  • ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★
    Quick caveat, this is intended to be a friendly discussion to satisfy my own curiosity. Mostly to gain insight to the opinions of others.

There's always been a large focus on roster size and prestige. From recruiting to general "how good are you" conversations. Skill, however, is the single most important aspect of the game. While that's something you can't easily measure without giving someone a chance, I assume that's why the prestige conversations come up so often. At first, for a while, I really thought it could have been ego driven, which I'm sure for some it very much is. This game tends to make people feel quite good about themselves. Lol

I don't have a really good sense of equating prestige or roster or Alliance size to one another, or even anything else. Honestly, I've never paid much attention or had the hopes of being an end game player. I've mostly been f2p. A whale? Ha. I'm plankton at best. I'm probably, no definitely, very average across the board.

I've been in an alliance that teetered on G1 and P3 with only a 4,700 prestige. Now I'm not much higher and in a G3 having HATED the grind. I have no idea what prestige one SHOULD have on either level.

I never really thought much about those stats. I couldn't even tell you the size of my roster now, but most would probably say it's not very big (that's what she said.)

I know this is all completely subjective, but I really wanted to converse about it. I'm guessing that setting a prestige size requirement is the same logic as asking for an AA degree to score an interview. You're hoping the basics of gameplay, skill, and knowledge are there.

I would love to hear from you with your opinions on it all, and your own experiences.

Alliances ask for a high prestige for AQ. The higher prestige you have the better. A lot of high tier alliances, talking about 16mil rating and up are all about prestige for that reason.
    I totally get it, I do. What other way can you attempt you qualify someone really? I mean maybe videos of fights but that's not really easy. I guess if I were an end game enthusiast I'd have to worry about prestige and roster size. It's nice to not have that pressure, honestly. For me, it really is just a game.
  • Philly3974Philly3974 Posts: 360
    Rajuteda wrote: »
    Prestige only affects AQ, the higher the prestige=higher points=higher rewards=higher AQ rankings. I'm in a 15M, G1 alliance and we don't necessarily focus on prestige but it does help with the increase in rewards. My prestige is hovering around 6800 right now.

My alliance doesn't rank champs for prestige while some players or alliances require that, our alliance ranks champs according to AW defense diversity mostly, then we focus on AQ. This last AQ we finished just shy of 140M points and ranked 715.

My advice, don't rank for prestige only, its a never ending tail chasing race, esp with all these new champs being released unless you looking to join an alliance that's prestige AQ focused. I rank champs that I like to use, can complete end game content and are useful in AQ/AW..

Sorry @Rajuteda we are currently filled at the moment..
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    @Philly3974 we brought this one guy into the alliance one time and he was a legend. Had a massive profile of over 800k. His prestige was some ridiculous number over 9,500.

The guy could not fight. It. Was. Bad!!!

Then we had some dude with a small profile with a low prestige that would murder content. This guy was a straight-up assassin.

Completely agree. We have a guy who has a 220k rating and just wrecks AW bosses and destroys everything. Literally barely ever gets touched. Then we have a 400k guy who does to sentinels on map 5 day 1.......
  • BeginthEndBeginthEnd Posts: 334
    If your more interested in Arena runs and grinding millions of points to get the latest or best champion, then prestige is likely for you.

I enjoy playing story mode, event quests, and AW/AQ more than I’ve ever cared for arena. So it’s no big deal for me to sell a r4 3* champ, or even a r4 4* champ, trying to pull a better champion that I might actually use from a higher teir. Or dupe one of my better ones.

This does affect prestige, but it has never, not once, had a negative impact on any aspect of my gameplay. Again, largely due to arena. Once when low teir teams were mandatory for XMen event which I had no qualms avoiding.

Even when I managed to keep my profile under 200k and looked into recruiting alliances with “ONLY 200k+ need apply” stamped on their page- was never a problem. Actually think it allowed me to advance more quickly. With higher teir champs, can run quests at higher levels, honing mah skills.

It pays off if your focus is arena. Use the multiplier tokens, reuse your top teams, and you’ll be scoring in the millions before you know it. Both good aspects to look at, most go with prestige and never sell champs period. I like having more 4 & 5* champs over 3 & 4 any day, but that’s me.
  • BeginthEndBeginthEnd Posts: 334
    edited October 2018
    Meant to say “It pays off to go with prestige if your focus is Arena and grinding for Featured Champs”

Any champions prestigue rating is greatly increased by awakening their signature skill.
    While many of those same champs are still very effective in story mode, AW/AQ (without being awakened) they are much less effective in arena because of the point system and multipliers. Arena is a good way to pick what champs you really want to use and awaken them to get more, instead of relying on random crystal spins or selling any of your champs.

It takes ALOT of grinding to rank among top contenders fighting for featured champs. Sometimes 2million, sometimes 20million.. depends on the champ really. Leaves little time to get through story events and participate in Alliance, which has always been the way to go for me, so I only grind when I really need to, hit it hard.
    @LeNoirFaineant ah, great point! I'd forgotten those days! Now we've moved on to the grind for the coveted t5bs and t2as
    @BeginthEnd I'm totally with you. I hate arena grinding. I don't have the time for it, it's boring, and I just don't see the payoff value. Many of my mates will spend 9-10k units to defeat certain content and I don't see the payoff there either. Or in whaling money. I like the teamwork of AW and AQ and enjoy EQ running solo. I've come to terms that I'll fall behind eventually but I don't care much.
  • Sugoi_DubaiSugoi_Dubai Posts: 107 ★★
    For AQ prestige is a must. You can rank any character just not a character with super low prestige. I wouldn't rank any character that is below 10k 5 star 200 sig. Anything above 10k is good for me.
  • RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    Rajuteda wrote: »

Sorry @Rajuteda we are currently filled at the moment..

What the alliance name/tag anyway?
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    It depends on the focus on the alliance. Most prestige focused allies try to reach the top 800 every AQ. Some of them even go for Map 6. More prestige means more points. All of the very top allies demand high prestige. AW centric alliances want a good roster because of the ever evolving meta in war.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    This discussion is GREAT. Good post.

My opinion:

As some have said if your team is pushing for top 500 then prestige is important. If not then ranking for war and personal content is extremely important. For example, starlord has garbage prestige but is still a KILLER. Duck has great prestige and is an ok champ (some will say garbage).

As some have said, we had a guy with a 7900 prestige, he was a great player. Sold
    His account in the middle of war, the dude who took over was complete garbage. Didn’t even want to download line. He lost his trinity on day 4 of quest after 4 fights. Roster size doesn’t matter and neither does prestige if you can’t hold your own.

On the other side we had a guy really low prestige (couldnt dupe or pull any great champs) he was a killer with what he had.

Rank for personal content first, then war then quest. With personal content comes everything else because you’ll get more shards to pull more champs and be in a higher alliance.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I’ll add a note. My account is 480k and prestige 7660. Account roster size doesn’t matter. I can hold my own for defense attack quest and personal quest with no issues.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    I’ll add a note. My account is 480k and prestige 7660. Account roster size doesn’t matter. I can hold my own for defense attack quest and personal quest with no issues.

This sums it up. Account size is meaningless, prestige determines AQ rewards. Skill is most important, prestige is somewhat important, account size is Cyclops important.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★

Well said!
    @Sugoi_Dubai I guess it's all in preference. I'm ranking up who I need for content. Don't really care about the prestige. I can see where end game players want and need it. Old AQ rewards were pretty dope
    @Username72647 well shoot! LMAO
    @Panchulon21 thank you! I'm so glad people wanted to discuss it. I've always been very curious if the community's thoughts. I've been focusing on AQ and AW but NEVER on personal content, like EQ. Your taught me something important. I need to prioritize that! I really appreciate the input.