**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Symbiote Difficulty

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    I love this quest. Its basically a test of whether you use your head for thinking, or if you just use it for smashing into things

Sometimes I find your comments needlessly caustic—but this made me smile.

Those who rush into the quest head first are liable to hit something hard.

Dr. Zola
  • Jestr54Jestr54 Posts: 344
    Make one run in epic and use your sym to help you thru it. Once R5, it literally becomes so easy. Talking about 4K hits on just simple attacks no crit. Once the sym is R5 this months event is easy. It was well stated before it even got released
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    EvilAsh wrote: »

Have you not looked at the enhancements? There's a true strike and regen 110% of lost health due to DOT effects? Thats just 2 of them that can help with him.

Also worth remembering that ordinary boosts (the ones you get every AQ week) also work on the Sym. It can be nearly like fighting with a noded 7* if you boost away.

Dr. Zola
    And if you can’t make one run in epic then maybe the Symbiote event isn’t for you. Sad facts but facts.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,419 ★★★★
    Dolan wrote: »
    Have you tried these for vision yet?aibw9opzbtur.png
    av6rpcg6b8xq.png

I found undying much more useful, as he went right for the sp3 both times I ran it. I'm real happy you only need to do that twice for completion!
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,419 ★★★★
    edited October 2018
    EhDubb wrote: »
    If I use the wrong combination of boosts those strands get used, that’s how
    EhDubb wrote: »
    There are 24 different boosts. I really don’t want to choose the wrong ones. I don’t have a ton of units to keep buying boosts, and refuse to spend for this quest. those rewards are not free. I’ll sit this one out until someone comes up with an outline of exactly which boosts to use. No time for this garbage. #cashgrab

You
    Get
    400 strands
    Just by running:
    Beginner+normal+heroic

You get 140 a week just running medium labs.

You have 20 days left to collect strands without buying a lick.

#noexcuses #ez5starfeatured #OMGITSANOTHERGROOTFML
    Before I started this so called new difficulty, Symbiote Difficulty, I went to the forums to see the topics regarding this difficulty & its pure insanity, awaiting all those calls for outrage, which boss would be called the money-grabber, etc,etc. I came across this topic, read the op’s post, thought “damn......so it’s actually really hard and probably impossible for a noob like me” Read on further, saw the emphasize on using the symbiote for this difficulty......and I decided to look beyond my stubborness off using my regular team for questing & used the summoner symbiote.......after a few epic failed attempts of using anyone else xD
    After my 1st run at this difficulty my wife was just looking at me with such amusement, and I could say nothing but confirm & acknowledge that this was the most fun I’ve had playing this game for a long, long time. Using a 5* 4/55and struggling, 1 mistake & boom you’re gone......but use your symbiote & those enhancements....& just watch your opponents melt away......just awesome! The intercept& stun boost combined with the critical bleed boost was so much fun to use. Kabam gets a lot of heat and criticism for a lot of things, but for this I would like to thank them, for providing a really awesome and fun gaming experience!

Yeah people really don’t understand how much of a wrecking ball the sym at R5 is.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,126 ★★★★★
    It wher the most fun im ever playe in lol times. Yeah im use a few revies becasse stupid mistake. All culd hav ben avode also the last bos is abudt luck if he wont to use he sp3 in the 5 sek Windows
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Another option for vision is to use the enhancement that gives -70% AAR and there is a chance he wont gain 3 bars of power
  • could i do master with rank 4 symbiod almost no strands and boosts? or just heroic normal and beginner?
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    Just use the Symbiod with a good synergy team for me im running SpiderMan Classic SpiderMan symbiote Venom and Agent Venom for health and attack boost with my Symbiod
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    could i do master with rank 4 symbiod almost no strands and boosts? or just heroic normal and beginner?

Should be easy
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    I swear some of you don't bother reading anything. You get plenty of strands in the lower difficulty and labs to just use the sym boosted to the ceiling for all paths. There's literally an enhancement for every single node that's troublesome.
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    I swear some of you don't bother reading anything. You get plenty of strands in the lower difficulty and labs to just use the sym boosted to the ceiling for all paths. There's literally an enhancement for every single node that's troublesome.

Most don't read anything on here dude then come complaining about it
    Namelez wrote: »

Most don't read anything on here dude then come complaining about it

Everyone was given a skeleton key to rewards that are out of reach of most of them regularly and still nothing but tears and vitriol
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    This was fun but I got a stupid Colosus from the crystal. Would have 100% preferred 15k shards for the next featured crystal.
    This was fun but I got a stupid Colosus from the crystal. Would have 100% preferred 15k shards for the next featured crystal.

I awakened loki. Not thrilled but it was another chance at awakening domino that I wouldn't have normally gotten so I'm good

Damn. My condolences
    This round of featureds gave me corvus, colossus, WS, bpcw, GR, falcon, corvus, bpcw, and loki.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    Only fully explored chapter 1 so far and did one run through of the vision part of chapter 2, but Symbiote difficulty seems really easy if you use the Summoned Symbioid with enhancements...all fights ended in like 40 hits or less (actually all fights except for Vision ended in about 12-20 hits for me)

Not to mention it seems like we're going to get a bunch of strands over the coming days from calendar, so you should have a pretty decent stockpile to get you through symbiote difficulty. I'll happily take a featured 5*, 3.5k 5* shards, and a T4CC for what seems to be relatively easy content.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Side note: hardening is OP for not dying
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    EvilAsh wrote: »

Have you not looked at the enhancements? There's a true strike and regen 110% of lost health due to DOT effects? Thats just 2 of them that can help with him.

Also worth remembering that ordinary boosts (the ones you get every AQ week) also work on the Sym. It can be nearly like fighting with a noded 7* if you boost away.

Dr. Zola

Seven stars confirmed?!
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    This round of featureds gave me corvus, colossus, WS, bpcw, GR, falcon, corvus, bpcw, and loki.

I got; Dominox2, Masacre, WS, Loki, Hela, Corvis, GR and Colosus from the current featured 5*. Saving my shards for next week.
This discussion has been closed.