**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Blood and Venom - Symbiote difficultly

Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
What was the thought of this quest, just for understanding purpose not against of anything. I was trying to understand if I have to dependent on one champ which is symbioid and then with some enhancements I can clear game content. Behind this concept what was the main idea , I am not been able to understand. So far the game mechanics works on the skill based. Introducing this symbioid with enhancements which skill we are considering to clear such quest content.

Honestly this game difficulty design in a way to use symbioid and the provided enhancements. Without symbioid if you introduce these difficulty levels ... it will be an expensive exploration of this game so far. Considering we are not rich in units most of us will just pass.

Now if we use symbioid with enhancements- how many of us facing difficulties, I am sure even with the enhancements few of us will die one or twice but the exploration we are taking about is 100%. I am playing this game for more then 2 years and I Never been able to explore 100% uncollected event. But this time I did , just because of symbioid. I was wondering did my skill level just got improved or it’s just a champ.

You know where I am going with this, if Kabam decides to give character like this with every new quest and raise the difficulty level of 100 times , doesn’t matter to me as my skills are same and I got a tool which will help me clear the content.

If this is an experiment for some other new content then I am really curious to understand and to know why introduce such kind of experiment.

Just random thoughts :-)

Comments

• Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    If You are using the Symbiod with enhancements then its neither a cash grab or difficult. Its a fun quest with awesome rewards.

Yeah , that’s true, but if you see last uncollected difficulties, the boss fights were like a deep challenge and every skill of you got tested , muscle movements, quick reflexes etc. etc.

I don’t think so , Kabam will go such a length for just fun stuff, introducing this concept should have something hidden. I am just speculating... lol
  • BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    Its not hard with the Symbiod and the buffs really help out
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    This month's EQ was easier than the previous 2
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    Xthea9 wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    If You are using the Symbiod with enhancements then its neither a cash grab or difficult. Its a fun quest with awesome rewards.

Yeah , that’s true, but if you see last uncollected difficulties, the boss fights were like a deep challenge and every skill of you got tested , muscle movements, quick reflexes etc. etc.

I don’t think so , Kabam will go such a length for just fun stuff, introducing this concept should have something hidden. I am just speculating... lol

Nothing hidden. Ive run a few paths already and its quite simple if you are using the right enhancements.
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    This Sym quest is pretty hard if you’re not using the Sym. Sym makes it much easier but it’s not a walk in the park. You still need skills because one mistake and you’re likely dead. I like the challenge and it’s pretty fun.
  • I think it was a fun event. It was not a huge test of skill if you played wisely. But I’ll gladly take the extra stuff compared to the time invested! 👍🏻
  • Agent_TAgent_T Posts: 215
    Multiple mates in my alliance were able to breeze through this event with the help of their summoned Symbiote
    The point is it’s too easy with the tool provided by kabam, why create such content putting all the resources to create a most difficult quest and then give this tool to “ breeze through “ without facing any difficulty.

I am not saying it’s hard , or easy , I was just pointing out that why ??
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    Xthea9 wrote: »
    The point is it’s too easy with the tool provided by kabam, why create such content putting all the resources to create a most difficult quest and then give this tool to “ breeze through “ without facing any difficulty.

I am not saying it’s hard , or easy , I was just pointing out that why ??

Probably Kabams way of making up for the occult lab difficulty lol. Sometimes they do this i guess. Gwenpool event comes to mind.
  • TheSchwartzTheSchwartz Posts: 19
    DrZola wrote: »
    I actually appreciate the quest as a type of “cherry on top.” For months (years?), players have slogged through multiple difficulties of EQ for monthly rewards to keep pace with the game. I’m pretty sure I’ve never missed an event quest and have usually run most available levels. So it’s a pleasure to have something that’s like an added bonus for a change.

Add to that the chance to actually be the boss—not fight the boss—and it’s a unique experience. Would it be great to pull an amazing champ in the featured crystal? Sure that wouldn’t hurt. But the Symbiote is one of the most enjoyable parts of the game for me in a long time.

Dr. Zola

Couldn't agree more with this.

Some folks complain no matter what. Kabam could give out a free 5 star and somebody is going to cry about it. Use the rights buffs on this and it is alot of fun. Watching 200k health drain in 15 hits is great.
    edited October 2018
    I am enjoying, and really it is an experience, but when I see kabam patterns and the way I saw quest in last couple of years , the difficulty level has increased significantly and the champion bosses for the quest were all memorable latest example “ white queen “ etc. each difficulty design to give that pleasure, kick and test our skills. So the efforts put together by entire Kabam team was commendable. And for the current quest same efforts has been done may be more but ..... you know what I mean ... something is not adding up with the equation. May be its just plain and simple as everyone explained just for “fun”.

Or there is something... lol 😂
    Guys , this post is not about “crying out loud “ please read and understand the point if you can’t ... then enjoy the game.
  • cash grab yeah the rewards are pretty trash too
  • doom722doom722 Posts: 99
    Cash grab! How?
    If you want a real challenge, don't use the symbiote. If you want to slog through, chill and pick the rewards, use symbiote with enhancements. If you want a bit of both, use regular champs for normal fights and use symbiote for the boss.
    Be creative!
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    I actually appreciate the quest as a type of “cherry on top.” For months (years?), players have slogged through multiple difficulties of EQ for monthly rewards to keep pace with the game. I’m pretty sure I’ve never missed an event quest and have usually run most available levels. So it’s a pleasure to have something that’s like an added bonus for a change.

Add to that the chance to actually be the boss—not fight the boss—and it’s a unique experience. Would it be great to pull an amazing champ in the featured crystal? Sure that wouldn’t hurt. But the Symbiote is one of the most enjoyable parts of the game for me in a long time.

Dr. Zola

Couldn't agree more with this.

Some folks complain no matter what. Kabam could give out a free 5 star and somebody is going to cry about it. Use the rights buffs on this and it is alot of fun. Watching 200k health drain in 15 hits is great.

They have and people did complain. See gwenpool goes to the movies.

Symbiote difficulty doesnt seem to hard. Lots of guides out there already for which enhancements to use where. Super easy featured 5* and other goodies.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    cash grab yeah the rewards are pretty trash too

Do you even know what cash grab means or are you just saying words that you heard adults say?
  • TheSchwartzTheSchwartz Posts: 19
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    cash grab yeah the rewards are pretty trash too

Do you even know what cash grab means or are you just saying words that you heard adults say?

For folks like this it means I don't have skill enough to complete this content so my only option is to blame Kabam
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    It's a fine event with the tool already given to us prior its drop. Kabam deserves commendation for Symbiote difficulty
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    PSA-

USE THE 1* TO CLEAR THE DIFFICULT CONTENT

Why is this so hard to understand
  • Patroller1356Patroller1356 Posts: 10
    u guys know the first boss in the sym difficulty is spidey right. So first thing i did was activate the ability accuracy reduction boost and went into the fight with my boi (summoned symbiote) and got 5 hits in and went for an sp1. As the sp1 was about to hit him, he evades!!! anybody else experiencing this?
  • doom722doom722 Posts: 99
    u guys know the first boss in the sym difficulty is spidey right. So first thing i did was activate the ability accuracy reduction boost and went into the fight with my boi (summoned symbiote) and got 5 hits in and went for an sp1. As the sp1 was about to hit him, he evades!!! anybody else experiencing this?

Use dirty fighting which activates true strike.
  • gage201205gage201205 Posts: 568 ★★★
    Yeah this was super easy compared to some hard content we had in the past... Kabam did a nice job of releasing the enhancements for stretegic gameplay on symbiote difficulty
  • gage201205gage201205 Posts: 568 ★★★
    Proofggwlxfij4dfw.png
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    gage201205 wrote: »
    Yeah this was super easy compared to some hard content we had in the past... Kabam did a nice job of releasing the enhancements for stretegic gameplay on symbiote difficulty

Wasn't super easy to say but it's super fun I would say. A fun quest in a long time. One that can be done by anyone who has r5 symbioid. No reliance on other heavy teams. They need to keep coming up with these ideas so that the lesser guys can also start using their minds before going for any fight. Really helps.
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    You guys are completely missing the point of this post lol..
    The OP isn't saying it's hard or can't be done blah blah blah..
    The OP is questioning "why they made such a high end piece of content then gave us a tool to beat it with ease"
    @Xthea9 I have to say you and I think alike.. It's very sad that given previous experiences with kabam we can't just see it as a piece of fun and exciting content..
    But I too have a strange feeling it's to test out something more sinister to come..
    Perhaps we're both just paranoid, but again given previous experience of these things it's really hard to shake that feeling off..
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    IOSJasoN wrote: »
    You guys are completely missing the point of this post lol..
    The OP isn't saying it's hard or can't be done blah blah blah..
    The OP is questioning "why they made such a high end piece of content then gave us a tool to beat it with ease"
    @Xthea9 I have to say you and I think alike.. It's very sad that given previous experiences with kabam we can't just see it as a piece of fun and exciting content..
    But I too have a strange feeling it's to test out something more sinister to come..
    Perhaps we're both just paranoid, but again given previous experience of these things it's really hard to shake that feeling off..

Hopefully its not setting up a true pay to win.

Where you have to drop units on enhancements because its truly beyond any level of skill otherwise.
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    There are two ways to do Symbiote:

1. Use your symbioid and have a fun time
    2. Use your regular champs to challenge yourself

Up to the player to choose