**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The Dark Secret of Symbiote Difficulty

AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
I had an epiphany. After seeing so many clueless people complain that Symbiote difficulty was a "cash grab" or "impossible" and then seeing the volume of reasoned and rational responses explaining just how easy it actually was (it was literally easier than Gwenpool goes to the movies), I realized that developers created this event as 2 things:

1. A reward for players that are willing to pay attention and develop strategies and read in game text and weigh their options before rushing in.

2. A punishment/tax/troll on players that don't pay attention and who are generally unthinking and solve problems by throwing money at them.

I'm on to you Kabam! (Also, thanks for the free Featured 5 star Crystal)

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    I had an epiphany. After seeing so many clueless people complain that Symbiote difficulty was a "cash grab" or "impossible" and then seeing the volume of reasoned and rational responses explaining just how easy it actually was (it was literally easier than Gwenpool goes to the movies), I realized that developers created this event as 2 things:

1. A reward for players that are willing to pay attention and develop strategies and read in game text and weigh their options before rushing in.

2. A punishment/tax/troll on players that don't pay attention and who are generally unthinking and solve problems by throwing money at them.

I'm on to you Kabam! (Also, thanks for the free Featured 5 star Crystal)

Like most F2P games, this game has always taxed impatience. Patience is free, impatience is expensive. And that's the way it ought to be.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Except the Symbiote acts as a skeleton key in this difficulty… because no one picked that up from Goldie or anything 😒
  • SnurrisSnurris Posts: 428 ★★★
    In so many ways you are absolutely right. But still, there are players who has read and strategized that will not be able even with the rank 5 Symbioid. But for those (probably including me) I must say that they/we are just in over our heads.
    We must all realize that all content is not for all of us and don’t scream cash-grab when we can’t make it.
    But I don’t think the comparison between an event that you could auto-play and this is fair. Otherwise pls post a video of auto playing symbiote difficulty. Cause I would really like to see that.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Snurris wrote: »
    But I don’t think the comparison between an event that you could auto-play and this is fair. Otherwise pls post a video of auto playing symbiote difficulty. Cause I would really like to see that.

Only if you post a video of someone autoplaying through Epic difficulty of Gwenpool Goes to the Movies first...