**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Loading time and images issues 20.1 [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 644 ★★★★
    It is now taking the game one minute after each fight to load the map. It’s ridiculous. I go to open crystals and that takes forever.
    iPhone 8plus
    Latest iOS and latest game build
    Happens on WiFi and cellular
  • BigturdreleaserBigturdreleaser Posts: 194
    After every fight it is taking my screen forever to load. I’m on an iPad. Others in my alliance are experiencing the same issue. Started last night
  • Kabam, there seem to be 2 ISSUES in this thread. Can you provide current acknowledgement of both of them please...

#1 After finishing a fight, very long wait at "Loading.." screen that shows Venom.Duck before ever returning to the AQ-AW-Quest map (sometimes takes minutes, or even never comes back to map). I see this all the time (defice info and specifics notes a few posts ago here). Seemed to start with v20.1.0

#2 Long delay loading the graphic images for Items, Heroes, etc (seems to be from v20.1.0 and on). Or also slow scrolling-refresh while on Crystals, Heroes, or Inventory pages (started several versions earlier, so maybe these are also separate issues #2 and #3). Screen seems to load only a single additional icon graphic once per second, and you can also see what is supposed to be continuous movement of background beneath these pages (ie, asteroids moving about) in a choppy once-per-second refresh as well.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Agree and same for me.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    What is going on after every single fight while doing quest?

My loading screen takes a full minute after I finish every fight. Why? This is too slow? I cannot afford to be the whole day in the game.
  • jaylerdjaylerd Posts: 113
    The game has problems and Kabam keeps adding larger and more numerous assets to load. It's causing them problems and reducing the quality of the game.

Sure would be nice to have an option for game resolution / effects complexity!
  • Ab_SamadAb_Samad Posts: 380 ★★
    More than a minute for me
  • EegnaszEegnasz Posts: 13
    Am suffering from a big and super (like 5mins) lags in loadings between the fights, loadings before entering aw or aq or dungeons, anyone else have this problem too??? It started after this symbioid update
  • SILVEReeSILVERee Posts: 10
    Since the update the loading time in Android is excessively long compared to IOS, the problem is in the symbiotic difficulty why these klyntar improvements are finished fast due to the LITTLE time they last.
  • RSoxNo1RSoxNo1 Posts: 43
    After the latest update I've had my iPad Air 2 hanging on the Venom the Duck Loading screen. Not seeing issues with any other apps. This takes a few different forms, it either hangs up on the Loading screen until a hard close of the app. Alternatively it will keep giving me the disconnected message and often go from that to the load screen.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
  • 5PlDERMAN5PlDERMAN Posts: 71
    I really want to play the game but 2 fights has taken me 25min. Loading screen 4min before each fight and sometimes just crashes at the beginning of the fight! All software and Apps are up to date and I’m on work WiFi so not sure how I can play this Game ?????
  • Kief1Kief1 Posts: 9
    I have the same issues for months now. I’ve tried to work through the symbiote event but every time I apply the boosts I’m getting one or two fights. This seems like a great tactic to make us buy more boosts, on top of the health and revives due to glitches and crashes. There are rare occasions I enjoy the game and have a ‘good day’. But these crashes are starting to outweigh everything else. I’ve given up resetting everything (for the tenth time) and contacting help (no help)!
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    edited October 2018
    Tayyab82 wrote: »
    In case if you need more info:

In-Game Name: TJ@82
    Device and Model: Moto G4 Plus
    Device Operating System: Android 7.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: Yes your newest update

Here are the issues:
    1) Loading time - The other day it took me 30mins to clear 4 node in AQ and AW. The loading time often takes 3 to 5min. Often when fight is done or you moving from Main page to AQ or AW or at times in quests
    2) Game Restarting - Every time when I am minimising game app and opening other app, on returning game is Restarting again. This is very irritating
    3) Lag - Old issue, yet to be resolved

This is the exact problem I am having. Sometimes when freshly starting the game up, I try to enter AQ and it wont even load. This happens on 4g or wifi. Sometimes it works fine.

This also could have to do with kabam's improper use of load balancers and clustering within certain regions. I am in southern california, and I know there is a huge amount of people accessing the same server in this part of the country than somewhere like in Kansas. It's really weird that at 1-5am, the game works much better than the rest of the day.

With the start of the new symbiote quest, I am back at square one. Now the unload times are infinite after one fight and i have to restart the game between each fight. Kabam, please, I beg of you to look into this. I can tell you that I have switched between suicides and non-suicides many times, and I can prove that the problem is worse with suicides (just like the lag issue during fights last month).

Have you guys looked into the new buff/debuff feature that you added to the pause screen. I find it suspicious that everything was fine with regard to performance for me until this feature was implemented. Before that, I just had the normal crashing bug over time that has been int he game since like 12.0 now lol. There are definitely multiple bugs at play here since we saw issues with the crystal/hero loading in patch 16/17, have had crashing issues since 12.0, and have had this loading/performance issue since 19.0. They made some change in the latest release that tranformed the map/fight lag introduced in 20.0 into infinite loading times when loading quests or unloading fights.

If I were a kabam dev and wanted to solve this within a day's time, I would reproduce the issue in the current version with an iphone 6+. Then, I would branch off of a tag of 18.0 in development and test it on an iphone 6+ to verify there are no performance/loading issues (except the crystal/hero screens). I would start merging in pull requests of features/bug fixes that could be related to this from 19.x branch and 20.x branch until I repdocuded the issue. Once you find the offending code, revert it or figure out why it is causing performance issues, QA it, and merge it into the next patch version so we can actually get a fix. Please, I beg of you guys!
  • 5PlDERMAN5PlDERMAN Posts: 71
    edited October 2018
    Well if this months Prizes for the Event Quest are based on time spent on the loading screen I’m easily looking at 5-10 6*. Seriously though there goes my chances at 5* shards or that 5* :neutral:
  • Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    Still experiencing this issue, getting tired of deleting game from history and reloading it again, like mentioned above, it would really mess you up when using boosts
  • PhonieStarkPhonieStark Posts: 202
    5 minutes between fights. This is not a joke. I'm sorry, it is a joke. This is supposed to be the best game available. Don't get me wrong, the content is outstanding. But having to wait 5 minutes between fights is just stupid. Your **** giving my wife a reason to make me do chores in between fights! Please fix this **** already!
  • Earl22Earl22 Posts: 7
    Awesome this sym quest is based on boosts that have time limits and you can barely do 3 fights in 10-15 min based on loading screens
  • Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    This is starting to eat through my strands, I don't even know if I'll have enough to explore symbiote difficulty at this rate, it's getting really frustrating!
  • 1ceman181ceman18 Posts: 32
    Still no update on the issue or even if this problem is being looked into. It's always the generic answer "we're looking into it" but keeps getting worse and worse. I'm not adding any phone model or whatever the hell they want from us. Sent those already and still no resolution. Another peeve is the go to the app store and blah blah blah latest edition. A time to time response will be appreciated and not the once in a blue moon computer generated response i keep on seeing. Just look at this thread, how many times have the developers acknowledge the problem, it's always the same response after a long period of time and it's always the same response. Smdfh
  • Kief1Kief1 Posts: 9
    Load times are becoming unbearable for me. Nothing has changed my end.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi,

If you are still experiencing extended load times and have not yet done so, please do share with us your device, operating system, and game version. I understand that this can be frustrating, but sharing as much information as possible with us is very helpful to the rest of the team. Thank you!
  • BDP_JoeyBDP_Joey Posts: 5
    After speaking to members in my Alliance, we have all noticed a spike in the loading screen time within the last couples days. At the current moment, this seems as an issue that needs adressing ASAP, I can imagine I am not alone when I say that every second is crucial when you are using symbioid boosts.

I updated my phone, have tried both WiFi and network data, and even restarted my phone with no difference showing. I am running the latest IOS update on an iPhone 8.
  • JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
    5 minute waits after every fight..I Cant open Crystals without having to sit for 10 minutes before it loads up...im getting wrecked in Quests and AQ Due to.the Lag.. Whats Up with This and what are u going to do to fix it???
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    You are not alone. But honestly that's a lot of lag, try reinstalling the app / restarting the device.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi all,

For players experiencing extended loading screen times, we wanted to let you know we are still working on this issue. It is a complex issue that is taking some additional time for the team to investigate and address. We want to ensure you that we are doing our best to maintain and keep The Contest stable as we address this problem.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.
  • BDP_JoeyBDP_Joey Posts: 5
    Last few days, me and a few others have noticed a significant increase in loading screen times.
  • DPool21DPool21 Posts: 47
    almost 3 minutes loading time after every fight in dungeons. are you guys kidding us right now?
This discussion has been closed.