**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gold becoming an issue!

With the relese of 5* and 6* star champs the gold rate has not gone up to reflect the increase to lvl up said champs. Maybe I'm the only one having gold issues but in my case and my experience the gold we get for arena, AQ,AW ect doesn't amount to a hill of beans. Would like others take on this.

Comments

• TRSIMPTRSIMP Posts: 173
    Gold is definitely a problem. I've noticed they have started to add gold to bundles for purchase. So of course you have to pay money for gold to not be a problem.
  • SixateSixate Posts: 62
    Lol ya I've seen that but not about to spend money on in game curruancy I'd rather collect it in game some how but with the increase on leveling up champs it's a futile effort.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Before I sort of quit the game a while ago & sold all my champs (all 2*’ & 3* maxed, all 4* minimum at 3/30, most 4/40) I was sitting on 10 mil gold for nearly a year. I made the mistake of coming back to the game, have only been levelling/ranking up 5* since then & have 30 mil collecting dust. Like most things with this game: have patience, strategize & prioritize.
  • LiamS1990LiamS1990 Posts: 96
    Yeah gold is a massive issue if you run high level maps and have to rank up champs to stay competitive, your gold soon goes. They should make halls of fortune a permanent feature event or at least run it once every month or so
  • Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 475 ★★★
    Gold is not an issue when the RNG gods don't give you anything worth ranking up to higher levels. Then again, catalysts are not an issue either in that case.

I'm sitting at just over 8m gold. Not too long ago, the RNG gods did smile upon me though and gave me a few good champs in a row and I was very low on resources then. Now I am stocked back up, so hopefully they will smile upon me soon again.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    edited October 2018
    Like all reasources in the game there will be times where you struggle to keep up but you will overcome the bottle neck and then have a surplus of the same item you once struggled with. I can’t actually use gold fast enough now
  • SixateSixate Posts: 62
    And I'm not trying to start any kind of argument with this either just giveing my opinion is all.
  • DreggwatzDreggwatz Posts: 13
    Gold is the only thing I don't miss at all! We run map 5 and I pay gold donations for a teammate as well. I'm still around 13M, and I don't open gold crystals...
  • Sixate wrote: »
    Running arena aq and aw you can make about 250k to 350k a week if you dont have a life. Leveling up a 5* costs roughly 1.5 million the math just doesnt add up in my book on the incoming gold.

You can make WAY more than that from arena if you don't have a life.

• XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Join or participate in an alliance that is active. Do the alliance events with them. These include X-Men event, Summoner Rank up, etc. You get may gold crystals from this. The other day I got 7 gold crystals and got 30,000 gold!
  • VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★
    Been*
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Ever since they moved all the gold milestones in arena to the first 3 levels, my gold problems vanished.

Pretty much this. Dungeons are also a very lucrative place to farm gold. Make sure to max your milestones there. These two areas seem to be the least liked in the game but it is readily available and takes less time to farm than people think.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    edited October 2018
    Yeah, I only have over 8 million gold. Definitely a problem! 😉
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    It be like that sometimes
    I started today off with just over 1M gold
    Leveled up my 6* and took a 5* to 4/55. Now I have no gold.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    I’m on just over 100k gold, maybe a gold realm or 2 for December event?
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    The rate at which we obtain gold does not match the rate at which we spend it ranking 5* and 6* champs. It costs so much to rank our champs these days, and yet the gold intake remains much the same as it was before 5* and 6* champs were released. Fortunately (or unfortunately) for me, all I have been able to pull from the 5* and 6* crystals for the last 6+ months has been complete garbage, so I have been able to save up 5 million gold... However, I really would appreciate a good pull so I could actually enjoy the feeling of ranking a champ up again. I honestly can't remember what it feels like anymore.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    Ever since they moved all the gold milestones in arena to the first 3 levels, my gold problems vanished. I was always near zero back then. I haven't fallen below 3 million in about 8 months and I've had several big rank ups in that time.

For those who want gold, I suggest doing arena...but maybe not in the way you're thinking. Don't endlessly grind a single arena like you're making a run for a champ. Instead, focus on the first 3 milestones so you can target the gold and other resources.

There are 5 main arenas (not counting the Alpha, Cat, and T4B ones). If you wanted to grind the first 3 milestones, each arena will take as few as 7 rounds each (the higher ones will take a bit longer, but not much). Stick with your strongest champs in each arena to maximize points.

For example, start in the Trials arena and fight in 2 rounds using your top 6 2* champs. When that's done, move to the 3* arena and use your top 6 3* champs. Continue doing this through all 5 arenas and you're looking at 10 arena rounds every pass. That's 30 fights that each take less than 1 minute. You're talking 30-40 minutes each time you do this. Do this once when you wake up and once before bed and you'll easily get the first 3 milestones in every arena. In fact, you'll be done with the easier arenas quicker, meaning you can either spend less time in arena or you can spend the same amount of time in the harder arenas and knock them out faster too. And using this method, you don't have to deal with "Death Squads".

For every 3 day arena cycle you stand to gain:
    111,450 Gold
    16,350 Battlechips
    122 Units
    from milestones alone (not counting the post-match rewards).

For the sake of this demo, I spent 16,000 Battlechips to see what I'd get. I got 32,000 gold and 45 units.

Remember that arenas happen twice per week. If you did this each week, you'd end up with:

286,900 Gold
    334 Units

That's gold you'd get from arena without ever touching any questing.

This method can be tailored to your own roster and schedule. Don't have time to spend an hour a day on arena? Scale it back and maybe only go to the 2nd milestone in each. Don't have the roster to compete in the 5* arena? Skip it and focus on the others. Tailor it to your own situation.

The point is this: the gold is there. If you don't want to buy it, you'll have to put in some time. The hope is that this shows that you don't have plan your life around the game to have resources to do things.

Thank you! I didn't know they move all the gold to the first 3 milestones.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Sixate wrote: »
    Running arena aq and aw you can make about 250k to 350k a week if you dont have a life. Leveling up a 5* costs roughly 1.5 million the math just doesnt add up in my book on the incoming gold.

It doesn’t cost 1.5 million gold to take a 5 star champ to rank 4 is about 1.1 mil
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    And that’s including the ranks before it
  • Jestr54Jestr54 Posts: 344
    If you want enough gold to rank up 5* then you gotta dedicate yourself to arena. Or you gotta be real patient and wait for the gold you get thru questing. But arena is the answer to your prob.
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    Gold is available. It's really a matter of simple Economics. You need to balance your spending with what you make. If you're going for broke and not Grinding to replace it, you will run out quickly. If you Rank at a pace and keep a steady inflow, you'll have a balance.

U make a good point but I rank only 1 champ a month (4 or 5* to 5 or 3) and still am low on gold bro
  • SuelSuel Posts: 279
    edited October 2018
    The gold income is very outdated

Game is increasing the progression and the cost to progress but the gold isnt keeping up, ima end game player with 2 paths left to 100% LoL and the absence of gold is very frustrating.

I used to have 12m gold, now i have 20k. I stopped opening every simgle crystal so i dont lose catalysts and Iso anymore, its very frustrating to play like that and im pretty sure kabam doesnt support us hoarding crystals

Marvel Strikeforce has a weekly gold event thats pretty easy to do, i really dont see why Kabam doesnt bring gold realms back, or maybe change that trash sunday arena into something else, everyone loses the way it is, i know many players that are quiting cause of gold