**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Arena idea : this would solve everyone's problems

adqqedfyvradqqedfyvr Posts: 463
edited July 2017 in Suggestions and Requests
It takes way too much time and money to get any character from arenas whether 3 * featured, 4* basic, or 4* featured. It is always the same people who get the champs. Most people have a day job and a life so can't spend the three days glued to their device. Also, there are so many cheaters in the game making it unfair on people who actually try. It is nearly impossible to get your favurite champs. Personally I do get champs from arenas - but rarely, not the ones I want, and usually just 3 stars. If you made one of the following changes, it would make the game a LOT more fun and would please EVERYONE! Thanks.

Arena idea : this would solve everyone's problems 18 votes

Lower the rank needed for champ in all arenas from top 10 % to top 25% or 30% doubling or tripling the amount of happy people
33%
AppieProtocol8051Sai_7TheMageHunterAfalco34butters 6 votes
Make the champ available as a 2 star in 3 star arena as A MILESTONE; 3 star for 4 star basic as A MILESTONE; 3 star for 4 star featured as A MILESTONE
66%
Dakine86EbbtideI_am_GrootUsername819273943NoNamesToChooseLuismarquez131kolomvosX_5125Uncle_Fatty_247SummonerB2CiglusjrTheWatcher_ 12 votes

Comments

• R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Arenas are good as they are and used to be so much worse. Arenas also aren't for everyone. If you have a tight work schedule than thats just life. Gets old hearing people complain "I have a job and can't do arena."
  • MyTaffyMyTaffy Posts: 144
    edited July 2017
    Rank is already lower than previous format. It was 5% -> 10% and 400 to 800 and that was not too long ago.

Even if they changed to 80%, I bet there will be people coming here to whine about it said we should even have lower cutoff because with more people playing, even at 80% it might become 10 mil.

I do not think it would please "everyone" as you claimed because people who spend all their time got the same rewards with people "have life and just played few hour"? You think this is fair?

Do you really care for 3* when you go for 4* already? I rather keep the current rewards, some 4* and 5* shards if not getting the cutoff.
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 423 ★★
    adqqedfyvr wrote: »
    ANOTHER OPTION: COMPLETELY NEW FEATURE WHERE YOU ONLY HAVE A PERSONAL GOAL. THIS WOULD BE BASED ON BASE HERO RATING, NUMBER OF CHAMPS AND PREVIOUS SCORES. SET UP LIKE ARENAS EXCEPT WITHOUT OTHER PLAYERS. MILESTONES: PHCs, 3 STAR HERO CRYSTAL, 4 STAR SHARDS, 2 STAR FEATURED CHAMP, 3 STAR FEATURED CHAMP, 4 STAR FEATURED CHAMP. THE FEATURED CHAMP WOULD CHANGE EVERY WEEK BUT BE A DIFFERENT CHAMP TO THE ONE IN ARENAS. THE CHAMP WOULD BE RANDOM AND WOULD BE THE SAME FOR EVERYONE IN THE WORLD. THIS WOULD MAKE THE GAME MORE BALANCED AND EQUAL. THIS WOULD MAKE IT MORE FAIR ON THE LESS POWERFUL SUMMONERS WHO DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME TO SPEND ON THE GAME. I think this would be a great addition to the game and one I would personally use lots. I'd play the game a lot more if I had an actual chance at a 4 star of my choice. Please look into this as it would make the whole community love the game.
    It kills me seeing people cry about things all the time. Everyone started at the bottom at one point or another. It's so much easier now compared to long ago when there wasn't shards, no basic arenas, only top 200 got featured etc.
    People put work into getting where they are at and that's why it's easier for them. So why should they make it easier for you. Suck it up and grind for the easier champs to grow your roster till you can compete for others. Instead of using your time on the forums go grind for some champs.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Stara99 wrote: »
    ANOTHER OPTION: COMPLETELY NEW FEATURE WHERE YOU ONLY HAVE A PERSONAL GOAL. THIS WOULD BE BASED ON BASE HERO RATING, NUMBER OF CHAMPS AND PREVIOUS SCORES. SET UP LIKE ARENAS EXCEPT WITHOUT OTHER PLAYERS. MILESTONES: PHCs, 3 STAR HERO CRYSTAL, 4 STAR SHARDS, 2 STAR FEATURED CHAMP, 3 STAR FEATURED CHAMP, 4 STAR FEATURED CHAMP. THE FEATURED CHAMP WOULD CHANGE EVERY WEEK BUT BE A DIFFERENT CHAMP TO THE ONE IN ARENAS. THE CHAMP WOULD BE RANDOM AND WOULD BE THE SAME FOR EVERYONE IN THE WORLD. THIS WOULD MAKE THE GAME MORE BALANCED AND EQUAL. THIS WOULD MAKE IT MORE FAIR ON THE LESS POWERFUL SUMMONERS WHO DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME TO SPEND ON THE GAME. I think this would be a great addition to the game and one I would personally use lots. I'd play the game a lot more if I had an actual chance at a 4 star of my choice. Please look into this as it would make the whole community love the game.
    It kills me seeing people cry about things all the time. Everyone started at the bottom at one point or another. It's so much easier now compared to long ago when there wasn't shards, no basic arenas, only top 200 got featured etc.
    People put work into getting where they are at and that's why it's easier for them. So why should they make it easier for you. Suck it up and grind for the easier champs to grow your roster till you can compete for others. Instead of using your time on the forums go grind for some champs.

Exactly. Some players seem to think that after playing a few months they should be able to compete with others who have played a few years.
    No matter what Kabam does, the same people will keep on complaining and whining; even if they give out champion for free every week, they will complain the game is getting too easy, no content to keep them playing.
  • Reg_MontanaReg_Montana Posts: 30
    I hear some people cheat on arena.
    How do you think they do it?
  • Eos_Nano_XEos_Nano_X Posts: 304
    Modded games dumbass
  • Arenas are meant to foster competition with other summoners' rosters. So it makes sense that we compete against each other for the champs. As for the amount of time invested into earning the champs, it's a grind. You have to decide for yourself if you want to commit your time to a game or if you want to commit that time to your friends, family, work, whatever. I feel very guilty that I focused more on my phone than on my family to grind for GP. I got her. But in doing so I paid less attention to my real life obligations. That's when we all have to look at our game/real life balance and make a decision to see which is more important to us. If it's not arenas, it's AQ, challenge quest, LOL, speed run, etc. For me, it will be a long while before I hit the arena grind again. It should be a grind for the top rewards. But we all have to quit acting like entitled addicts expecting to get rewarded for less effort or ignoring the world around us as we chase our digital fix. So you couldn't get the latest A+ rated champ? Hey. Good for you. You spent time way more wisely than the grinders by investing in something more than what just boils down to a bunch of 1's and 0's.
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    I don't have enough time to grind out an arena for a champ. So I generally just do them when I am out of energy. I get some shards, some units, fairly happy with the deal.
    Arenas are meant to foster competition with other summoners' rosters. So it makes sense that we compete against each other for the champs.

If they really want to do that they should create a real PvP system where you can play each other for specific items. Even have a winner takes champ system. You win, you get who you beat, you lose, the opponent gets the champ you lost with. THAT would create competition between summoners.

• TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Lower the rank needed for champ in all arenas from top 10 % to top 25% or 30% doubling or tripling the amount of happy people
    Arenas are meant to foster competition with other summoners' rosters. So it makes sense that we compete against each other for the champs.

If they really want to do that they should create a real PvP system where you can play each other for specific items. Even have a winner takes champ system. You win, you get who you beat, you lose, the opponent gets the champ you lost with. THAT would create competition between summoners.

And whole lot of butthurts and threatenings from the loser his alliance mates would harass you untill u give the champ back with some compensation

I dont like the idea one bit
    edited July 2017

And whole lot of butthurts and threatenings from the loser his alliance mates would harass you untill u give the champ back with some compensation

How is there a complaint? If you don't want to risk your champ, don't play PvP. Since you would both have to be on at the same time and agree to have the match you can set what the winner gets. You could put up a t4mc vs a t4sc or you could wager the champs you use, or wager entirely different champs of the same star rating, or some health potions, or nothing at all just to test your skill against somebody. It couldn't be a blind enter system like the arenas and the 1v1. And before the match starts you get a page to confirm that everything agreed to is there including the champ he will use. I don't see how anyone can complain about losing something when you walk in with your eyes open like that.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017
    I want to win a marathon but don't want to train for it or even run. Can I have a 1st place medal please?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017

I agree with regard to champion arenas being better than they used to be, and I grind for the 4-star basics because I can't spare the time to push for a 4-star featured hero. That's fine with me, and it's my choice to use that fraction of my time.

But it's much harder than it used to be in catalyst arenas, where the rewards still go to the top 50, despite millions now playing the game. So if any arena rewards need to change, make it the catalyst arenas and at least put some shard crystals in there or something!
  • Reklaw5Reklaw5 Posts: 58
    Rewards are fair. I put a lot of time into Gwenpool this weekend and might have been 400k short. Oh well, I will get her eventually. But I put in almost no time to get Joe, Howard, and WS the last 3 weeks, which helped me build my roster quite a bit. That helps me in future arenas when the cut offs aren't 6.5 mil. And helps in the T4C arenas. You can't expect to get every champ that comes out, its a progression game, not a "everyone jump into the deep end" game.
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★

How is there a complaint? If you don't want to risk your champ, don't play PvP. Since you would both have to be on at the same time and agree to have the match you can set what the winner gets. You could put up a t4mc vs a t4sc or you could wager the champs you use, or wager entirely different champs of the same star rating, or some health potions, or nothing at all just to test your skill against somebody. It couldn't be a blind enter system like the arenas and the 1v1. And before the match starts you get a page to confirm that everything agreed to is there including the champ he will use. I don't see how anyone can complain about losing something when you walk in with your eyes open like that.

Well if only regarding potions and energy refills then it seems like a nice idea but losing your champ u got after opening so many 4* crystals by some noob who won cause of you getting kabamed by bugs then yea sure mate
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 628 ★★★
    Don't waste your time with this kind of poll...
    Kabam does not want to change arena system and to enlarge brackets would simply solve temporarily the problem of rewards.

Well if only regarding potions and energy refills then it seems like a nice idea but losing your champ u got after opening so many 4* crystals by some noob who won cause of you getting kabamed by bugs then yea sure mate

You can only lose what you are willing to risk. But they should allow you to risk anything you want.
    Maverick75 wrote: »
    Don't waste your time with this kind of poll...
    Kabam does not want to change arena system and to enlarge brackets would simply solve temporarily the problem of rewards.

The Brackets were "enlarged" not too long ago but yet people still have the problem of rewards so it would not solve anything.
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 423 ★★

You can only lose what you are willing to risk. But they should allow you to risk anything you want.
    This would be a massive exploit. Since I can win any champ I want featured or basic. Why don't I lose on purpose to an alt and just pick them up again. Better yet why don't I just sell a Gwenpool or iceman to someone for $50 or $100 dollars to someone that doesn't want to grind. I can grind and get them back no problem. This wouldn't work in so many ways plus kabam said they would need to increase their servers 10 fold. Imagine the bugs. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
  • Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★
    why there's no "Arena are all right the way they are" option? only because YOU can't reach the ranked reward, you can't believe they're unfair or too hard for everyone

This would be a massive exploit. Since I can win any champ I want featured or basic. Why don't I lose on purpose to an alt and just pick them up again. Better yet why don't I just sell a Gwenpool or iceman to someone for $50 or $100 dollars to someone that doesn't want to grind. I can grind and get them back no problem. This wouldn't work in so many ways plus kabam said they would need to increase their servers 10 fold. Imagine the bugs. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Hadn't thought of that, you are right.
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    I have a new idea! How about we increase the number of arenas all the way up to 4? Anything above that would be overkill, and too many people would win, but then people who don't grind as much can still have a shot! There could be one for shards, one for a featured 3 star, one for a featured 4 star, and another one for a basic 4 star of Kabam's choosing! Once Kabam makes 4 arenas, they won't have to make anymore! It's perfect! No one will complain after this change at all! Brilliant!
  • Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★
    I have a new idea! How about we increase the number of arenas all the way up to 4? Anything above that would be overkill, and too many people would win, but then people who don't grind as much can still have a shot! There could be one for shards, one for a featured 3 star, one for a featured 4 star, and another one for a basic 4 star of Kabam's choosing! Once Kabam makes 4 arenas, they won't have to make anymore! It's perfect! No one will complain after this change at all! Brilliant!

There already are 4 arenas, Sherlock Holmes. 5 if you count the Catalyst ones too.
    No, that would not work. Score will be high for popular 4* basic/featured or new 4* featured. No on really cares about other arena other than 4* basic.
    edited July 2017
    Fel_95 wrote: »

There already are 4 arenas, Sherlock Holmes. 5 if you count the Catalyst ones too.

SARCASM! You know you did it right when people take you seriously.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★

Lol....the wonders of sarcasm in text form strikes again :)
    Solswerd wrote: »

Lol....the wonders of sarcasm in text form strikes again :)

I know. It's so hard to understand sarcasm in word form.