**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5/65 IMIW worth it?

spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
Here's the dilemma: I was planning on taking awakened sig 200 Void to 5/65 but I have no science cats and in my alliance it'll take about 8-10 weeks for me to get 6 if I'm lucky. I am just a few shards away from having 6 tech though and could take my awakened IMIW to 5/65. That will use up all my t5s, so worst case scenario it'll be 10 months before I have another 2 (just from EQ, act 5 completed). I already have Hype at 5/65 as my main damage dealer and was looking for someone with a little more utility. Is IMIW at 5/65 worth the rank up or should I just wait it out for Void?

Comments

• SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Wait out for Void, in terms of offensive utility it isn't even close
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Man I really like IMIW but I don't know about R5. I'm tempted to take my IMIW to R4 but not even sure about that. I have Void and Killmonger at R5 and love them. Not only does Void have tons of utility his synergies are better. That said IMIW is a great utility champ just different than Void. It's your account and I can understand ranking up Ironman but my vote would be for Void, of course I'm probably biased. Voids heal reversal is far superior to Ironmans heal block by miles. Ironman is great though. Good luck.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Thanks. Unless I pull a voodoo or someone else great, they will both eventually likely see r5. I'd like to believe that by Christmas we might get a t5b in a calendar or at least some decent deals on them, which wouldn't give me THAT much longer to wait.

And as far as taking IMIW to r4, I'd highly recommend it. I wasn't that impressed with him at r3 but got a rank up gem and used it on him. The scale up was very nice.
  • LoganLogan Posts: 143 ★★
    No one can actually answer your question anymore when a champ becomes to "good" they find a way to balance the game and offer no rank down tickets so my best advice is if its a champ that helps you everyday then go for it
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    Wait for void I think. Iron man is good but not in the league of void. And he will remain more as a defender for you.
  • JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    R5 IMIW can still put up 30 kills regularly in tier 3/4. It’s an offense vs defense question as far as the rank up.

Although I do think IMIW is also fantastic for questing. R5ed mine and haven’t regretted it for a second.
  • DonkillaDonkilla Posts: 161
    Big up to all the mandem and gyal dems and irons mans and void womens!
  • RichTheManRichTheMan Posts: 185 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    @Donkilla Wagwan Breadbin Bumbasquat en Ting
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    JC_ wrote: »
    R5 IMIW can still put up 30 kills regularly in tier 3/4. It’s an offense vs defense question as far as the rank up.

Although I do think IMIW is also fantastic for questing. R5ed mine and haven’t regretted it for a second.

Wow, I'm not sure this statement was true then, but it certainly doesn't hold true today.

Things move fast around here.
  • DonkillaDonkilla Posts: 161
    I will r5 you!