**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Effective effective Buff list

Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
Abomination: ALL contact includes when Abomination contacts the enemies face with his fists. Signature allows him to poison by attacking as well as being attacked

Luke Cage: Fury or something similar to Duck/SL. He's a boxer and had to fight in underground prison fights so each hit gives him a Rage Charge that increases attack and special damage slightly. But every 3.4 seconds he's not in contact with the enemy (not attack, being attack, blocking an attack, hitting a shield) he loses 1 charge.

Spider GWEN: slightly increase armor break rate/effect, L1 has 1 hit when she backflips. Trap mode can get jogger block proficiency too

X-force DeadPool, triggers a small 1.5% 3% or 4.5% regen whenever he triggers a special (increased effect based on which special is used

Gambit: all attacks are imbued with kinetic energy (similar to Red Hulk) and the damage increases based on how many kinetic charges he has (the playing card charges). Increase his special damage…

OML: Permenantly keep 1 of each buff when using a special while going berserk. (Like Civil Warrior.) Each pair of buffs saved this way raises his chance to go berserk by 6%. (This would balance it so he doesn't go 5 stacks of Pacify while he already has 5 permenant buffs)

Doctor Strange: 8 second cycles, power suppression while pink, crit and cruelty increase while orange, Block Prof up while blue

Black Bolt: Specials allow his to save 1 of each temporary buff he has in him into a permenant buff

Kamala Khan: the longer the fight the more effective her Fury is and the higher her crit rate (max 50% boost to crit rate) as she learns how her enemy fights.

War Machine: Empty the Clip:
When using specials 2 Fury charges are activated for the duration of the special. When the enemy uses a special 2 charges of armor are active for the duration. Current effect triggers earlier by 5%
L2 gets an added Incinerate

I know a few of these might be a little much but these ARE commonly called the WORST champions and bringing them up would actually make them closer to average especially where each new champ basically SHATTERS the meta game… the new Stark Spider can almost replace SL, and Iceman easily replaces Karnak. Bringing the "Trash" up to "decent" wouldn't actually hurt as they'd still be around the bottom except they COULD actually be used.

Comments

• Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    I mostly listed Science and Mutant as they need the most love. Cosmic was kinda there but without breaking anyone I only thought if 2. War Machine was the only tech I really thought needed love but HB and IP could use something but again what it'd take would be a LOT to make HB effective and IP is at least trying to be decent and while Burnout is bad but what he has before it kinda makes up for that. I did NOT include any MYSTIC champs aside from DS as he was unjustly crippled and the rest of them even at their worst are above average

Skill class recently had 2 sizable buffs and I feel like most of them at least have a following and the worst ones I can think of are BL and Falcon who are both at least useable even if out classed by others (which happens)
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    However: I do have some higher tier buffs that could probably break champs in a balanced way… if that makes sense
  • TripleD_FenrirTripleD_Fenrir Posts: 146
    There's a bigger compilation for these if you want to post there. Here's a link:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/87/characters-that-need-buffed-or-changed-big-time/p1