**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Rank with last t2’s, rank lower tier, or wait?

BeginthEndBeginthEnd Posts: 334
edited October 2018 in Strategy and Tips
I’ve saved my final teir two alphas and am at a crossroads. Red Hulk is a solid option for me to rank 4. Could use a good science champ on my offense. However, it would take all remaining t2 alphas, meaning I cannot rank another 5* anytime soon.

Other 5* champs at r3 are Awakened MS, Awakened Loki (He’s not THAT bad LOL) or Mordo to r4. Potential r3 5* options are Venom, Dormammu, Cable.

4* options to r5 are Hyperion, Proxima, SL, SW, GR, Quake, Iceman.

Should I use my last t2 alphas on red hulk or wait for a better 5*? Maybe rank a different one to r3, or even rank a 4* to r5? Other option please leave feedback, thanks!

Rank with last t2’s, rank lower tier, or wait? 26 votes

5* Red Hulk r4
46%
xNignameplasDuke_SilverTKS87PedritkoGhostboytjieHixxy87FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFooshblalalaGsabaSpidey983Blizzard_27_ 12 votes
5* Venom r3
30%
KpatrixWilljackson16XillymanadqqedfyvrJdub1250MelkerlanneroQuatre_1988Samspade23 8 votes
4* Hyperion to r5
11%
winterthurMbizzMidnite93 3 votes
4* Proxima to r5
0%
4* SL to r5
7%
Fight_meSaket_123 2 votes
Other (please describe)
3%
buffajr 1 vote

Comments

• Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    5* Venom r3
    Me personally, I think ranking 4 stars at this stage is a fool's game. I would save the t2 alpha for a real game changer rank 4. Red hulk is a solid rank 3 but I wouldn't go much higher than that.
  • BeginthEndBeginthEnd Posts: 334
    @Samspade23 thanks! I keep telling myself that but it’s hard not to finish ranking up my 4*s anyway! Lol. Felt I needed to bring 4* Sparky to r5, he’s awakened and my top 5*, so it’s a win/win. Was going to be my “last” 4* to r5, that always changes tho!

Have 4* Awakened Venom and think he’s a great 5* option, just much better awakened. I’ve thought about holding out for next 5* crystal, hope to get Corvus, Proxima, Medussa or Hype. They’re all great without being awakened. I know Kabam really made Venom better, but is he really worth ranking to r3 over other options?
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    venom and ed hulk rank them both
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Unless u feel that u need to rank up rulk to clear the content which u normally can't or got t2a expiring(which I don't think is the case),I would suggest holding on the rankup for maybe a couple more 5* openings and see who u pull...if u can't get a good pull then u can always rank rulk up
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    What are your current R4 5*s?

Also ranking 4*s is only a fools game if you have multiple solid 5*s to rank in their place.
    @Mr_Platypus Only have one 5* r4 atm. Sparky (unawakened) Have quite a few 5* r3’s, mainly mystic though. No class cats to rank. My only two awakened are Loki and MS, both r3. Unawakened I have Mordo r3, Dormammu r2, Venom r2, Spidey r2, Rhino r2, Cable r2, rest are really not even worth mentioning at r1. Unless they get “redone” and even then maybe awakened. (Colossus, Ant-Man, cpl more meh)
    edited October 2018
    Wete you also advising I rank 5* Venom to r3 over Awakened 4* to r5? Or r4 Unawakened Rulk? Also wondering if RHulk benefits from deeps wounds and also converts the bleed damage into heat charges?

If it were a few months ago, I would’ve been all over Venom. Really made him better, The one major drawback is they made him better based off the existing champs that were in play when he was released. For instance, Sparky isn’t part of his new “Spider-Verse” synergy, likely no new spider verse champ will be. Power Drain/Power Lock used to be a huge deal fighting against Tech, but now the class is so diversified it only applies to most tech champs I wouldn’t be matched against. Cannot say 100% and I do want to use him, just that gold has been very tight lately, and I made the brilliant decision to trade 3 t4 class cats for one, dropping me down lower. Shouldn’t have been an option lol.

@Mr_Platypus
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    No it was in response to the first comment saying 4*s are dead (I have 50 5*s and rank 4*s just because my 5*s are pure garbage outside of 3-4)
    I’d say rank whatever you like but don’t use your T2a atm, if you end up with some expiring then Rulk is pretty good at R4, took mine upto R4 to use expiring T2a a while back.
    Gains nothing from deep wounds because he doesn’t have bleed damage so not sure what you mean by that.
    Venom was absolutely terrible months ago, he is a direct counter to classic spidey and has some nice damage and true strike for final portion of the fight so you’ll find uses for him.
    So I waited to clear epic event... I KNEW I should’ve saved for that featured crystal.. Just duped my 5* ant man.. ANT MAN.. common Kabam.. seriously tho.. he can *sometimes dodge critical hits* while the attacker get fatigued from hitting em so much.. yea I want to rank him next.
    At least I ended up with 275 6* crystals for the dupe. Just need 9,725 more! (Minus what I just now got for Epic Event and my one other Dupe) I should get there in.. only Kabam will tell.. lol. 3mreekceukt5.jpeg

• KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    5* Venom r3
    BeginthEnd wrote: »
    Wete you also advising I rank 5* Venom to r3 over Awakened 4* to r5? Or r4 Unawakened Rulk? Also wondering if RHulk benefits from deeps wounds and also converts the bleed damage into heat charges?

If it were a few months ago, I would’ve been all over Venom. Really made him better, The one major drawback is they made him better based off the existing champs that were in play when he was released. For instance, Sparky isn’t part of his new “Spider-Verse” synergy, likely no new spider verse champ will be. Power Drain/Power Lock used to be a huge deal fighting against Tech, but now the class is so diversified it only applies to most tech champs I wouldn’t be matched against. Cannot say 100% and I do want to use him, just that gold has been very tight lately, and I made the brilliant decision to trade 3 t4 class cats for one, dropping me down lower. Shouldn’t have been an option lol.

@Mr_Platypus

Red Hulk doesn't bleed, he has no need for deep wounds. You must be confusing his abilities.
    edited October 2018
    For some weird reason it crossed my mind that RHulk converted Incenrate, Poision, and Bleed into passive heat charges. Not just the first two. I also haven’t played with him all that much as I only have him as an unduped r3 right now. Heard good things, but it’s sounding like Venom is the better option for overall Offense and Defense, plus I save my t2’s.
  • buffajrbuffajr Posts: 413 ★★
    Other (please describe)
    MS if awakened
    @buffajr MS was the first 5* Duplicate I’ve pulled. Have four class cats in all others except tech, because I ranked Sparky to r4. I have many ranked mystic champs, none that help MS synergy though. Would make her a much better option if I had. Since ranking her, I’ve used her a lot and had some really good fights, although It’s extremely difficult to make it to the fifth fight, after landing sp3 in every other fight, to gain the souls needed which make her an effective offensive champ. She’s a little clunky and lacks the fluidity of many champs I like playing with. My only reserved with her anyway. Might just wait until I get a 6* or a better 5*.