**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Can we agree that 6* are just gonna make all the content now alot easier for new players?

ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
so lets say in 1 year from now...assuming those who are still playing
we are getting/farming t5b/t5c cats

but now 5* will be easier to get in 1 year from now, just like how 4* are easy to get now.

they are basically gonna transition to where 5* shard will be easy, and make newer players catch up to everyone else.
that way they can do $30 for 5* crystal one day. just like they did it with $30 for 4*

heck, yall even remember when so many people chose what class they want for a class specific 4*? can you imagine newer people and upcomers who would buy the same deal for a 5*? They can charge it at first for $100 5* crystal (makes me think about the 100$ og vision deal back in the day, or the $100 for a t4c) then slowly milk it down $80,$70,$50,$30 and daily cards aswell.

anyways imagine going through RoL,LoL with a 6* Starlord...

Comments

• SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    Newer players will not catch up nobody because it's impossible, the other guys are progressing too, and they are (and securely will be) earning more and better things and faster. The gap is always growing, for people struggling similar, or even the newbie struggling more than the veteran.
    And that's a bad thing for the game longevity.

Thats every mmo tho there will always be a gap a new player cant expect to catch up to someone that played the game since day 1
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    Sirnoob wrote: »
    Newer players will not catch up nobody because it's impossible, the other guys are progressing too, and they are (and securely will be) earning more and better things and faster. The gap is always growing, for people struggling similar, or even the newbie struggling more than the veteran.

Thats every mmo tho there will always be a gap a new player cant expect to catch up to someone that played the game since day 1

And right I'm talking a gap exist and the OPs fear about newbies catching up veterans make no sense.
    I'm talking too that fear are nonsense because even the gap don't stay but is always growing for inertia.
  • GruftyGrufty Posts: 186

The problem with this statement is that there always has been a gap.

I remember about a year ago, my alliance did map 5x5 but due to prestige we didn't earn t4c. There was a huge gap/wall between those alliances and everyone else which made it difficult to progress. Loads of people on the forums would say "just leave and find a new alliance" but when you've been playing with the same set of people for years that's not really an answer.

The have changed to make resources easier to get for the mid teir players which closed the gap slightly.

This change I think was needed to give the end game players a way to continue improving.

New players can still reach this level but should have to put in the hard work that we have all put in to reach where we are now. They shouldn't just be handed hard resources for little effort.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Sirnoob wrote: »

And right I'm talking a gap exist and the OPs fear about newbies catching up veterans make no sense.
    I'm talking too that fear are nonsense because even the gap don't stay but is always growing for inertia.

That makes sense mis read ur comment before
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    right bad enough they are giving away half a 5* in the calendar

proves my point, lv 36 with a 5*? "crying" what did he want 5* sl to blast through the content like RoL and LoL?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/6vag6x/wanna_cry_cry_hard/
  • Joe333Joe333 Posts: 3
    New players will never catch up to vet players unless they drop cash, and even then will take years to accomplish. And vet players won't stay on the top unless they grind for features or spend cash. Mid to high level players always can close the gap.... they just need to drop the cash or the time. High prestige your account and then join an alliance getting a t4c weekly.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    The answer is no, we can't agree on anything.

I agree.
    edited October 2018
    6* are the future, the future of either getting lucky now 6* corvus for example, but i see 6* shards be more accessible/attainable. After seeing $100 for 2,000 6* we have.. begun

Imagine how strong r3/4/5 6* will be and the materials needed to attain it.
    (T6b,t5cc,t3alpha)
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Close to 300k and no 6* yet. If new players can get 6*, I am happy. :)
  • IanMooneIsBackIanMooneIsBack Posts: 72
    edited October 2018
    Im an end game player dont have a single r5 5* and only 2 6* so i am in a gap myself lol
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

Which calendar? This month's gives 750 5* shards.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★

Which calendar? This month's gives 750 5* shards.

Well this thread is over a year old lol
  • Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★
    Well don't forget that with every champ buff, the champs in Act 5 also get buffed....So when Venom or Luke Cage used to be noobs a year ago, now they are tougher or more annoying. Looking at how RoL and LoL is, they shouldn't change the champ abilities in static content at all...monthly EQ is fine
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

dn6bq7aepc4d.gif
  • JakJakJakJak Posts: 28
    most games do get more expensive for fewer gains when you are high level not so in this game its the opposite which is fine except for when they have "symbiote to help ya play higher level content" but they really mean ONLY at the high tiers lol as you are catalysts short of getting a relevant symbiote to help you clear even master lol
    edited October 2018
    Im an end game player dont have a single r5 5* and only 2 6* so i am in a gap myself lol

Proves my point, your getting 6* shards way faster than obtaining t5b.

But i have done every uncollected and if u have done that same you would have 2 t5b
    From monthly alone.

Its 9,000 t5b every uncollected monthly all the way back lets just say since december 2017

You would and should have have 2 t5b alone.
    9,000 x 10 months of uncollected monthly events is 90,000 t5b = 2 t5b
    Thats 10months of uncollected monthly.

But 100% uncollected mothly does give you 2,500 6* shards. So in 4months you get 6* if you dont count any 5* dupes/wars.

So you have 2? 6*?
    8months of uncollected is 20,000 6*
    8months of uncolected t5b is 72,000

If you have done 10months thats..
    90,000 t5b thats 2 full t5b from monthly alone.
    @IanMoone

I myself have finished in masters/plat1 in aw competing in end game wars to get more t5b.

T5b is the resource to get..now, in 1-2 years from now that value will decrease. But i think we will be competing for aw resources like t5cc and t6b in the future..

But..i have enough t5b right now to have a 4th r5 5*...

I am basically setting myself up to compete and aslong as i stay competitive in aw, its a game of chasing the next rank up, the next most wanted material after t5b....

kabam has made it where u need to 100% uncollected monthly AND compete in aw to get end game meterials/rank ups.

That doesnt count any from war season rewards and or any money deals. Even placing in gold1 gives u t5b and some war crystals

But i remmeber along time ago i couldnt 100% master and i thought i was way behind and missing out in alot of rewards.

I also remember doing 6m for nc 4* basic along time ago, and cutoff was top 5% in an era where 4* value was at its all time high.

And guess what? I didnt make it, doing 6m was not good enough.

Times have changed and 4*/5* shards are alot easier to get. But we in an era where 6* shards are also limited, for now.
    JakJak wrote: »
    most games do get more expensive for fewer gains when you are high level not so in this game its the opposite which is fine except for when they have "symbiote to help ya play higher level content" but they really mean ONLY at the high tiers lol as you are catalysts short of getting a relevant symbiote to help you clear even master lol

Yup this symbiote event is basically free rewards...theres is no reason for you to not 100%

You get a free 5* featured crystals, you make get luck or not but man. The even is beatable with r4 symbiote with boost alone it “should” be easy.

I also remember back in dec last year all you had to do is score 1milion for a free 5* and they gave alot of rewards for free and even a full t2alpha in january.

Cant tell you have many lv 20 accounts i seen with 5* back in dec/jan.

And here i got my first 4* by 100% act 3 along time ago....and that will never be achieved again by the games standards today...with how the game is today.

dn6bq7aepc4d.gif

Yes the game is very different from this post 1 year ago, you should know that, we are in an era of farming t5b, just wait till we started chasing t5cc and those will be in aw season rewards or some sort of end game content we need to beat.

Just imagine 6* when we are able to r3/4/5 the future, one day.
  • I mean... The game is in a different place now, but it kinda isn't. We will always need to do what's necessary to farm x resource. That's kinda the game.

I remember when players w lots of 5*s cried about 6*s being introduced. Many said they'd quit. Hell, many did the same thing when 5*s were introduced. The game continues in the same way as it always has. Beat content, get stuff. Grind aq/aw and arena if you want, get stuff. It's matured a lot over time, but it's still the same game.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    I wanna point out the only way to get 6* Shards is being uncollected. With this month being the only exception.
  • What a load of BS you senile old man
  • Tanz0rTanz0r Posts: 33
    I wanna point out the only way to get 6* Shards is being uncollected. With this month being the only exception.

you get 6* shards for winning wars tier 2 and above.
  • WWIDBWWIDB Posts: 44
    5* are too easy for newer players to obtain. There’s so many $ deals and great rewards from fairly easy quests that have been getting released lately