**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Best teams to use for Web Slinger challenge and Event Q?

What are the best teams to use for Web Slinger and Master Mode event quest, aiming for 100%.

I've currently got a team of Elektra, Quake, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch and Miss Marvel going - which seems to be a good team to counter the various spider-evaders. If I had Mordo, id use him instead of SW.

What ate yours? What are the most successful combinations?

Comments

• bluelightsbluelights Posts: 17
    My key champions is Bw Quake and Magik

BW for Spidy, Miles

Quake for Gwen (so funny)

Magik for Sym, Vulture

any Cosmic Champs and BW for Spark
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017
    Hyperion, Gwenpool, Sym Spidey, Voodoo.
  • CosagornCosagorn Posts: 84
    I used 5*Hawkeye with a romance team (3*SW, 2*OGVision, 4*BP and 4*Storm). The hardest part was Tech Spiderman nodes for this team.
  • Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    edited July 2017
    ^
    I have all those characters duped in 4*s.

What benefited you about this team in particular?
  • Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 ★★
    My choices are slightly unconventional.

Thor for Classic Spidey, went with the parry, three hits, rinse/repeat method.

SW for Sym Spidey, nothing complicated, just tried to push him to sp2 as much as possible...when he triggered his evade buff, I parried him and if she didn't nullify it from a couple hits, I just avoided him till it expired.

BW and/or CB for Gwen and Miles, for obvious reasons....used Thor on Gwen also.

SL for Spark Spidey...took a couple fights to get used to his movements, mostly just pushed him to his sp1 and went from there....oh, and only used my third special.

Used whoever of the champs listed above that had the most health left when going against Vulture...got used to his movements in the monthly quest so this went without much stress, just a mildly long fight...IMO, he's slow and clunky, kinda like Howard with wings, doesn't seem like he'll be a good defender, definitely needs to be controlled.
  • VortenusVortenus Posts: 26
    GP for everything but symbiote. It was just too easy with her. Most of my deaths came from my stupid mistakes.
    For symbiote **** first i used Hyperion. If sp2 triggered stun, it was easy push to spidey sp2. Then bait it rinse and repeat. If the stun failed it didin't end well...
    So i switched to DrV. All you have to do is eveade his 1st special. Once you fire your sp2 it's smooth sailing from there.
  • AEG93AEG93 Posts: 69
    CB for OG Spidey and Morales
    HE for Gwen
    Magik for Symbiote
    Hyperion for SE Spidey
    Quake as backup and for sinergies
    Quake has been surprisingly effective against the spiders.

Currently using a bleed team with Hawkeye, Quake, Elektra, BPCW and Winter Soldier.

Ws is proving very effective.
  • Well imo, you would want an awakened Iceman and keep using sp1 with him which cause the opponent to suffer coldsnap for 12 seconds-ish which unable them from evading for the duration of the coldsnap and my other key champ is a duped BW which high sig level which reduces the accuracy of enemy's abilities. hope this helped
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    I used black widow for classic, miles and SE. Classic didn't evade much, miles didn't evade at all and she was handy against SE when he dropped below 50% health and his chance to evade increased. Didn't use any specials on him since he had the AI up, a cosmic could be useful there.

Cable for Gwen and symbiote. Get symbiotes sp1 timing down and he isn't a problem, concussion from cable's sp2 can prevent their evade buffs from triggering and the Degen/incinerate helped to knock them down sooner.

Can pretty much use anyone on vulture, if you only attack after he uses a special there's no risk of your hits missing, can really use his power gain to your own advantage in that fight.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Lmao this is irrelevant, any skill champ! This quest is easier than act4
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »

The only thing irrelevant here is your comment. This is the strategy and tips section of the forums and people are talking about their own strategies and giving tips about a challenge that isn't so straightforward for everyone. Helping each other out is hardly irrelevant when that's exactly why this section of the forums exist.
    CapWW2 wrote: »

I don't really know why you think it's irrelevant - it's a much easier quest than the Bautista challenge but that's only because of the lifesteal element. The second half of Round 4 isn't as easy peasy as you're making out and you have to have some kind of strategy for dealing with the evades. Yes, you can evade Symbiotes unlockable etc and just be patient, but it's much easier if you've got a strategy to deal with reducing the defensive ability accuracy and maximising your hit potential to gain life-steal return. This is the tips and strategies section, everyone is going to have a different take - just fielding "any" skill champ isn't going to be as helpful as one with a focused effort on reducing defensive accuracy. Like, a team of Netflix Daredevil, Moon Knight, Punisher, Karnak and BPCW isn't going to be as effective as, say, a team of Hawkeye, Black Widow, Crossbones, Elektra and Gwenpool.

There are lots of different ways to tack this quest, which makes it more interesting than most, if, admittedly, not as difficult.
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    mine was:
    Daredevil (for Classic and Black Spidey): the fights are somewhat long, but easy as DD evades Spidey SP1 and i just parry then hit him until parry stops.

Sym Spidey (for the rest): he hits like a truck so he finishes fights in a blink. his low health isn't much of a factor thanks to heal stealing so it was incredibly easy. SE Spidey was easier with him also.

Ultron, YJ and Ghost Rider (for backup): i used them if the main attackers got KOed.
  • JayRock999JayRock999 Posts: 22
    Crossbones Agent Venom Elektra Magik Hyperion
  • CA2HICA2HI Posts: 19
    For OG Spidey an alliance member had recommended Hawkeye for his power control and it worked great. The key is spamming your Sp1 and power draining Spidey so he doesn't reach his special often. After he uses a heavy attack just wait until he fully completes the move before dashing towards him and hitting him with 2 to 3 light attacks. Mostly sticking to the parry rinse repeat method. Another key factor is using your special one while Spidey is stunned still. After using your special one Spidey will bleed as well.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017
    Gwenpool
    Magik
    Thor
    Crossbones
    Hyperion

Did almost all of my fighting with Gwen, she got through the first 3 levels by herself except when I got stupid and got hit.

Haven't started the final part yet.
  • NguyenDauNguyenDau Posts: 248
    I did it with
    Mordo, Spidey, BW, hawkey and Quake.

For dreamteam if u had a wish...
    Gwenpool,
    Mordo,
    Magik,
    hyperion,
    Elektra/CB
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    I use DD, Gwenpool, Elektra, Magik and Drax. Because my gwenpool is undupped, I have to use Elektra. She isn't really good since you need to maintain bleed and sometime she can't get to sp1 fast enough. DD is good in theory but the hitting air bug really cost him. Gwen demolish most fight. Magik for Sym and Vulture. Once you get her sp2 going it's smooth sailing until you make a dumb mistake like I did. Drax for stark and a decent counter to miles and vulture