**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Crossbones

RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
Guys,

I wanted to know how you guys felt about CrossBones. IMO hes a great champ with some pretty good utility. Why doesnt he get much love?

Comments

• DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    He's one of the few older champs who has become more valuable since the MCOC meta started shifting towards auto-block and away from mystic wars. He may be over looked because of how AQ 6X5 has dominated some of the game's top rewards, his prestige is terrible.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    He's one of the few older champs who has become more valuable since the MCOC meta started shifting towards auto-block and away from mystic wars. He may be over looked because of how AQ 6X5 has dominated some of the game's top rewards, his prestige is terrible.

That's an interesting perspective.

I like Crossbones - he's a versatile if simplistic champion.

I had back to back scraps against Black Bolt and Groot in the arena today and was thinking I couldn't remember the last time I saw a champion with abilities that triggered when they were struck with critical hits; which made me think Crossbones was missing out on new opponents.

Luckily, as you say, Ability Accuracy Reduction never goes out of fashion!
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Did I read in patch notes that AAR should affect MD?

Edit: Here is the text - Fixed an issue where Mystic Dispersion was not properly being affected by Ability Accuracy Reduction

I don't know if this has always been a thing but it seems like a bunch of furies should stop MD as they expire as long as enough are kept.

Has this always been the case or yet another shifty vague change that slipped under the radar while the Grand MD Nerf was carried out.

• xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    He was my main champ in clearing RttL but can't bring myself to take my 5* above R3.

I remember someone previously posted a 5/65 sig 200.
  • BeginthEndBeginthEnd Posts: 334
    Ranked my 4* CB to r5 almost immediately. Lots of flak from former guildies and alliance leader. They wanted to know why I didn’t go with AVenom, or BP, any other skill really. Why? Because he cannot Crit? I get that. I’ve used AVenom so successfully though, his tenacity is amazing. CB is second to that, maybe better given it grants fury. Dosnt matter to me if he cannot land a Crit. I parry and block, overcharge off the bat and start to smash. Blocking won’t stop him. Build to 7 furies.. overcharge to 10- amped up to over 6,000 base attack, with ability to deal massive damage through blocks and negate defensive abilities while boosting his own.. nice.

Electro won’t even give him a static shock if they fought on the thickest of carpets.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I've loved crossbones since he came out and I got his 4*. He was hated for war for a long time because of MD. If I dupe my 5* I may r4 mine
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    I really like him and took my sig 60 4* to 5 along time ago and don't regret it at all, I still get a lot of use out of him in aw, aq and quests as a counter to many champions and in the right builds with overrun active or his furry champs like Ultron regain just doesn't trigger and his special 2&3 hits hard especially if you are still in overrun.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    phillgreen wrote: »
    Did I read in patch notes that AAR should affect MD?

Edit: Here is the text - Fixed an issue where Mystic Dispersion was not properly being affected by Ability Accuracy Reduction

I don't know if this has always been a thing but it seems like a bunch of furies should stop MD as they expire as long as enough are kept.

Has this always been the case or yet another shifty vague change that slipped under the radar while the Grand MD Nerf was carried out.

Only if MD is coded as a defensive ability
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    I'm not aware of all the game's intricacies but does that mean the mastery is unaffected because it is applied on top of a champs natural abilities?

Black widow (and others) can successfully stop a stun from applying via parry so I'm not sure of the distinction.

Does that also suggest that someone may be coming with MD as a character ability?