**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Name change and leaving an alliance

Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
I have a small and quick question. If I leave an alliance will “xxxxx left alliance” change to my new name? Or will it still show my old name? I am cutting ties with my alliance because of some behavior I don’t like, and or agree with. And I don’t want to be harassed for leaving.

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Interesting. I have no idea. You could always wait a day or two before changing your name and joining a new alliance so that it gets removed.
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Interesting. I have no idea. You could always wait a day or two before changing your name and joining a new alliance so that it gets removed.

This is what you should do. It's difficult to say what will show up in that feed,
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Why do you need to go through all that. Just be polite and tell them you are leaving and leave. No need for smoke and mirrors. If they are asses about it still just go leave with class IMO.
  • ICE_ICE_BABYICE_ICE_BABY Posts: 218
    I have a small and quick question. If I leave an alliance will “xxxxx left alliance” change to my new name? Or will it still show my old name? I am cutting ties with my alliance because of some behavior I don’t like, and or agree with. And I don’t want to be harassed for leaving.

CHANGE YOUR LINE ID AS WELL SO YOU WONT GET RANDOM MESSAGES FROM THOSE GUYS
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    It shows your old name
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    Timone147 wrote: »
    Why do you need to go through all that. Just be polite and tell them you are leaving and leave. No need for smoke and mirrors. If they are asses about it still just go leave with class IMO.

Honestly dude its hard to leave an ally sometimes I just left mine last week and the leader has messaged me almost everyday since. Some alliances are like that and its crazy
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    . And I don’t want to be harassed for leaving.

The only people that can actually message you are friends. Unfriend them and abracadabra, no possibility of being "harassed". And if there is a possibility of "harassment" in the form of messages, do you really want em to be your in game friends in the first place?

This seems like such a non-issue unless you're really asking because you are planning on saying some harsh stuff before leaving, changing your name, and then rejoining.
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    Ive had this same thought before, trying to disappear. Wondered the same things.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Timone147 wrote: »

That would work. Except I have some very stalkerish people in my alliance.

The only people that can actually message you are friends. Unfriend them and abracadabra, no possibility of being "harassed". And if there is a possibility of "harassment" in the form of messages, do you really want em to be your in game friends in the first place?

This seems like such a non-issue unless you're really asking because you are planning on saying some harsh stuff before leaving, changing your name, and then rejoining.

They can see the name change, see what alliance I went to. Im not doing it to say mean things leave and rejoin. Because let’s be honest, if anyone joining with the same top champs and same rating under a different name I’d assume they would be the person who just left.
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★

Yeah bc I'm sure they wouldn't recognize the top champs. Changing ur name and rejoining they'd realize it was him from the start bc his champs wouldn't change.