**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5* tech gem on Sentinel

SkkcSkkc Posts: 110
edited October 2018 in Strategy and Tips
Should I use my 5* tech awakening gem on Sentinel? Only other choice is doc ock.

Also, is Sentinel worth r4?

Comments

• RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    Sentinel gains analysis charges real fast when awakened..doc ock too gains extra abilities awakened

Both can benefit, depends on wht you want to do?

Personally I'd do sentinel so I can also use him in bleed/poison path in aq if ever need be
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    edited October 2018
    I'd hold for something better, but of those two I'd prefer sentinel
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Sentinel over Doc Oc. Vision OG and Star Lord over Sentinel. Sentinel and Sparky depends on how you use them.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Between the two I'd go with Sentinel but you might be better off saving the gem. Sentinel is amazing for act 5 biohazard, AQ lanes even some paths in AW but his awakened ability's value actually depends on your playstyle. I know some people who use sentinel regularly that just don't attack at all and build up analysis by hitting into the opponents block getting to 100 before getting into the fight kinda like a stark spidey ramp up. His sig will still come in handy especially against cosmic champs but isn't game changer. If you play him more like the regular champion with hitting into their block here and there to gain analysis the sig ability is much more valuable.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Sentinel gets my vote. Mine is bomb even Unawakened. Although, it takes forever to build Analysis. I'd do it with no regrets.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    My 4/55 Sentinel is unduped and I have no regrets. Once you learn how to gain analysis fast things get really fun. The best method is to do a 4 hit combo into the opponents block, dash back, repeat. Each time it gives you 12 analysis (24 if you're against a mutant, 6 if cosmic).
  • VeeTeeTeeVeeTeeTee Posts: 72
    I would awaken sentinel over stark spidey just to have 2 great tech champs instead of one should I eventually pull spidey
    sentinel if awakened is, in my opinion, the best double immune champ and I often find myself having a problem on all those biohazard nodes, which act 5 and some uncollected content is full of.
    of course it all depends if you have other double immunity champs at hand. if you do, maybe you don't need sentinel...

saying this I do understand that some people would like to have their god tier champs maxed out and awakened just to have that feeling that their top champ is at it's best. so maybe it's worth saving the gem for sparkey, even though he doesn't benefit from awakening as much as a Sentinel...

or maybe at some point you will pull starlord, which is definitely the best tech option for awakening...
  • Ingi_Freyr1975Ingi_Freyr1975 Posts: 175
    Sentinel is a beast awakened. I took mine up to 5/65 and he has carried me through content, e.g. act5 100%
    He doesn't need high sig level to, just awakening him makes him so much better.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    Save for Ghost or Star Lord if u don't have those two.
  • Gladiator2014Gladiator2014 Posts: 283
    I have 4-Star Sentinel awakened, Sig 20, at rank 4, level 40/40 and he's all right. You got a 5-Star so that should be better but from my experience playing with the 4-Star, I don't think you should use the awakening gem on him I would save it for someone that needs it to really make a huge difference, e.g. Star-Lord.
  • SuperSam57SuperSam57 Posts: 325
    I just recently used a tech gem on Sentinel and took him to R4 with 110 sig stones. He is worth it, the deciding factors for me were AWD, double immune for act 6 some day, and bumped me from 8.2K prestige to 8.3k. Also he is fun to use. Also sig doesn't appear to need to be high but only for prestige purposes.
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    Hell yes. Do rack up those charges though by hitting into block. He can take a crazy amount of damage once at 100. And hits way harder.

kj8sfkuo1hnq.png

I also love his sig. it helps a lot. Most enemies in AW fire S1 after S1. Which makes life easier. Just keep firing S2 missiles at them, with some heavies thrown in. Side note: his heal is underrated. In short, do it!