**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

YJ sig vs, rogue question

WimaksWimaks Posts: 105
edited July 2017 in General Discussion
Ever since I duped yellow jacket I have always been somewhat confused by the wording of his signature ability: opponent stunned for x.xx seconds after sting lasts FULL duration. Then, when I got rogue, I noticed that after sting expired she was not stunned (Most notably in AQ on YJ enhanced sp1 node) and suddenly the wording seem to make sense since she reduces debuff duration by 70%. Since sting doesn't last FULL duration, she doesn't get stunned...? Haven't tested this with other champs that reduce duration of debuffs but thought this was cool… Like I uncovered a secret :-)

So, firstly, is this correct or am I imagining things? Second part of my question; while this seems to work in AQ (Using rogue against the enhanced sp1 YJ and not getting stunned when I inevitably am unsuccessful at evading his sp1) I just fought enhance sp1 YJ in war and got stunned every time sting expired... is this a bug or am I way off base with my whole "theory"? If so, what is the deal with the wording of YJ sig: "After sting lasts FULL duration..."?
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    When yj is duped and a sting expires you get stunned
    So I'm not sure why it's different from aq to aw when using rogue but his specials are really easy to evade
  • WimaksWimaks Posts: 105
    LOL should have expected the first comment to be something along the lines of "special is easy to evade". yes, I suck and don't know how to play the game. Now, moving on to my actual question(s) please.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    edited July 2017
    If you run map 5 for AQ there is a buffed YJ miniboss on the left side before you reach the global node Symbiod. That YJ miniboss has enhanced s1 that is unblockable.
    In war, depending on your tier there are several nodes that are enhanced s1 and unblockable also.
    My guess is the difference in masteries. If you have maxed limber and are using Rogue in AQ it probably is very short the amount of time that after the power sting expires that she is actually stunned. However, in AW if your opponent has maxed parry, maxed stupefy, maxed petrify and maxed pacify then it is likely that is what is affecting her ability for the stun to wear off as fast.
    I'm not saying you suck at the game. I'm just saying it's easy to evade so you can avoid this whole issue
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    I'm not saying you suck at the game. I'm just saying it's easy to evade so you can avoid this whole issue

Let's be honest: It takes practice. You have to know once he gets to a bar of power that you need to add some space so if he uses that s1 that you have enough space to continue to evade back using dexterity and avoid the long reach of his power sting.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    ... That isn't the point, Deadbyrd9. While he should practice evading it, he is wondering about a technical detail regarding reduced debuff durations with Rogue. But I imagine it is simply a super-short duration stun, since biosting is not considered a debuff, whereas the Stun is, and would be affected by everything Thawnim mentioned.
    I'm not trying to answer his technical question because I don't have an answer for that as to what the full duration of the stun means @Amonthir. I'm just giving him a tip that his specials are easy to evade to help him in future fights against yj so that he can practice evading the sp1.
    @Thawnim you can evade the whole special without putting distance between you and yj but it's a lot easier to mess up
    @Thawnim you can evade the whole special without putting distance between you and yj but it's a lot easier to mess up

I agree, but like you said it isn't easy. Just telling him what works for me.
  • That's a very good question! I would imagine that Rogue should still get stunned, but since the Yellow Jacket in AQ doesn't have any masteries, it would not be a long duration, and then Rogue would reduce that even more, so it should be a split second Stun.

I'm going to ask the team to look into this though, and find out what may have happened.
    I do the same thing you do @Thawnim. I used to only evade it without distance and I used mags back then so usually I didn't get stings or if they expired then I didn't get stunned
    edited July 2017
    I do the same thing you do @Thawnim. I used to only evade it without distance and I used mags back then so usually I didn't get stings or if they expired then I didn't get stunned

Nice, forgot about Magneto's magnetism. Good choice.

He was a heck of a champ back in the day before block proficiency teams were eliminated.
    Someone in my alliance also mentioned the mastery thing and that does make sense. My real point to the post is why does it say FULL duration? Why doesn't it just say after sting expires PERIOD. Seems like an odd, specific, choice of words.
    And I know it is more than doable to evade. Just like Spiderman. I know the trick and have success I'm just not 100%. And that is totally my problem.
    Wimaks wrote: »
    And I know it is more than doable to evade. Just like Spiderman. I know the trick and have success I'm just not 100%. And that is totally my problem.

No one is ever 100%. I fudged a good one this morning on my alt account against YJ and lost half my life of my BW as a result. But that's the nature of the game and trying to play at 5am instead of sleeping in.
    I believe it was worded as full duration meaning howerver long or lasts before it expires
    Any update?