**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Special one and two keep getting blocked!

Comments

• AryannaAryanna Posts: 76
    I know KM’s sp2 rarely hits
  • JakobitzJakobitz Posts: 41
    Hey All,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This is something that the team has already been looking into, but if you can tell us what Champions you see this occur with, where you're seeing it (mode/quest, etc.), and who you're fighting against, that would be very helpful!

Thank you!

Just happened repeatedly to me in Epic Occult Labs. Hyperion vs Blackbolt, Hyperion vs Vision, and Voodo vs Black Panther. In each case my L2s were blocked after completing a 5 hit combo - multiple times.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    This issue is still existent, and I believe we as a community have provided enough evidence for this to be fixed
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    Especially in AQ AW when opponents mastery is in play... Quest wise not so evident for me
  • BeginthEndBeginthEnd Posts: 334
    edited October 2018
    I used o run into this problem on ocassion. Makes sure your your ending the 5-hit combo with a medium atk. (l-l-l-l-m) it will give you .2-.3 more seconds to fire your SP and always hit if land it quick enough after mid atk
  • Clinton2111Clinton2111 Posts: 130
    One character where I notice this like 95% of the time is killmonger. I can never chain his sp2 after a 5 hit combo as the opponents always manages to block them, have to parry an insta SP2.
  • FabiusBRFabiusBR Posts: 275 ★★★
    Niftycra wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike Killmonger is the worst at getting his s2 blocked. Please look into Killmongers sp2. Thanks!

This. It started after the last update. I went from landing his sp2 90+% of the time to getting blocked the majority of the time. Something definitely changed. Happens in arena and in quests.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    I get this from Phoenix and Moon Knight here and there but that’s related to their double hit finishers on medium
  • HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    It's been some months now and it's not improving, but I stopped complained because it's not clear they don't care.
  • HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    * it's now clear
  • NemesioNemesio Posts: 134
    Device and Version: Xiaomi Pocophone F1

Device Operating System: Android 8.1

Mobile Carrier: Movistar

Cellular or WiFi: both

Game Version Installed: 20.1.1

Game Mode: Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest, Alliance War.

Champions Affected:
    Domino sp1
    Starlord sp1
    Magik sp2
    Medusa sp1
    Spiderman OG sp1
    Rogue sp1
    Iron man/superior im sp2
    Spiderman stark enhanced sp1
    Captain marvel sp1
    Ronan sp1
    Antman sp2

Active Boosts: none

Description of the Issue: can't chain a sp1 or sp2 after a five hit combo, the AI blocks it.
  • Only_AlonerOnly_Aloner Posts: 141
    Hey All,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This is something that the team has already been looking into, but if you can tell us what Champions you see this occur with, where you're seeing it (mode/quest, etc.), and who you're fighting against, that would be very helpful!

Thank you!

Star lord on AW (screenshots from internet)
  • I concur with the AI seeming to be able to block special attacks at a much higher rate when their health is low. I don’t actually think that this is just anecdotal because this is literally the only time I ever get my specials blocked (unless I finger fumble and it’s my own fault). When they do block it, it always comes as a big shock to me bc it tends to happen even when I’ve fired it extremely quickly.
  • Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★
    I concur with the AI seeming to be able to block special attacks at a much higher rate when their health is low. I don’t actually think that this is just anecdotal because this is literally the only time I ever get my specials blocked (unless I finger fumble and it’s my own fault). When they do block it, it always comes as a big shock to me bc it tends to happen even when I’ve fired it extremely quickly.

They are waiting for this bug to be mastered by skill. Once that happens, it will be fixed. Just like the Medusa fury bug, they wont fix this one till they have milked some people
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    I really don’t think this is a bug, it’s a maybe unintended consequence of a design. The AI is faster now and has a quicker recovery time from being hit/knocked down. As someone else mentioned it also seems like their actions are given priority, so in a case where it’s a “tie”, the AI’s action is the one that registers first.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    iPhone 7+, current highest iOS and running full bars of 5ghz WiFi connection. All other apps closed out.

Most consistent examples I’ve seen of this “miracle block” are in Epic Labs, almost to the extent of laughability.

If the team is still looking into this, that’s where I would start. AI blocking regardless of whether the last hit is L or M, especially after 4 or 5 hit combo.

One thing to check is whether or not there is any precedence given to AI input over human input—that is, whether there is a type of “push goes to the dealer” rule imbedded in the code. And the “miracle block”seems much more likely to occur the lower the health of the AI, but that’s probably just an anecdotal observation.

Here’s another idea—if the AI is going to miraculously recover and block specials, at least let it remain in defensive posture for a second after the block.

What’s patently unfair is the miraculous recovery + out of the blue block + perfect segue into a combo that a human can’t block even though the human starts frantically blocking or swiping back as soon as the blocked special begins to process.

If @mostlyharmlessn or @Jakobitz or @PaytoPlay or anyone else on this thread continues to experience, please share...

Dr. Zola

Constantly having the problem to point where I gave up on the Sym level.

I just gave up reporting it. It's just tiresome reporting the same issue over and over again.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Hey All,

Thank you!

Star lord on AW (screenshots from internet)

@Only_Aloner

Is that really Rhulk recovering mid-special to block the second half of the SL Sp2? Because that’s what it looks like.

Dr. Zola
  • csexton00csexton00 Posts: 131
    Are they still looking into this? It has been going on for a very long time and cost us lots of fights/potions. I just tried a sp2 with stark Spidey and right into a blocking Ultron. I think it is all about the AI recovery time being so much faster than ours, maybe something to do with the diminishing returns. I feel like that is when it started, I may be wrong though. I use a galaxy S8+, Android Oreo, has happened on Wifi and Mobile connections.
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    iPhone 8
    iOS 12.0
    Version 21.0
    WiFi
    Champions clash Heavyweight last path
    The third hit of my combo is completely ignored by Hyperion and it allows him to block my sp2. Look at the 3-4 second mark and slow it down if you need to.
    https://youtu.be/9tHvKPTCGoY
    It’s not the same way most other specials get blocked, but it does happen. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit
  • Hey All,

Thank you!

I see this with taskmasters special 1 sometimes when he does his flipkick
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    iPhone 8
    iOS 12.0
    Version 21.0
    WiFi
    Champions clash Heavyweight last path
    The third hit of my combo is completely ignored by Hyperion and it allows him to block my sp2. Look at the 3-4 second mark and slow it down if you need to.
    https://youtu.be/9tHvKPTCGoY
    It’s not the same way most other specials get blocked, but it does happen. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit

This one just seems like a case of interrupting your own attack to throw a special. The animation for the hit started, but the special was thrown before the frame that detects the hit, cancelling the regular attack and launching the special. The delay is slight, but it gives the enemy enough time to put up a block.
  • nocturnalpsynocturnalpsy Posts: 12
    My champs are getting blocked on special attacks specially in AW and in the Champions clash. In the other modes it happens on and off. Is started happening since august. I don't even use specials anymore. I have android moto g4 and now on moto g6 phones. I have submitted the bugs to Kabam but the only thing they do is close the ticket without any further communication.