**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New champs are no longer exciting for mid tier players

2»

Comments

• ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    Mid tier players always have the option to grind for 5 & 6 * shards in the arena. Many of the 5* are already available as 6*. The 6* don't require any rank ups and are already at 5* r4 level. If a player doesn't want to spend the time or effort in the game, there's always the options of the 3000 5* shards that appears after opening 2-3 4*. To request RDT is just absurd, as the game has progressed towards 6*. Just look at the Occulus lab. All of the nodes with t2a or t5b are 6* max ranked sig 200 champs with over 10k attack power. Start consolidating and chase after the 6* shards friend!
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Again you can chase 6*s but that doesn't address the rank up issues I started this thread about
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    I think the argument in favor of spending more time in game grinding arena is a tough sell to the “mid-tier” players being discussed in this thread. If I understand correctly, the mid-tier Summoner is pretty advanced and long-playing, but may no longer be engaged in the full-throttle top ally grind, for whatever reason.

Those players have already invested significant time and, in many cases, significant currency (real and in-game). They are also fully aware they are at the mercy of RNG from arena shard grinding in a way they were not when 4* arena basics were a realistic option for clearing content.

It is speculation, but the mid-tier may not be the main target for the game right now. Upper end players chasing endgame rewards and newer accounts with growth potential may be where the game team chooses to focus its attention. That’s totally the game team’s prerogative.

Bottom line is this: if the game is still fun, you play it. If not, you cut back or move on. I suspect all this talk goes away if Act 6 drops anytime soon.

Dr. Zola
  • MasterFlintMasterFlint Posts: 97
    DrZola wrote: »

Bottom line is this: if the game is still fun, you play it. If not, you cut back or move on. I suspect all this talk goes away if Act 6 drops anytime soon.

The people posting care enough about the game to push for a change at this level or at least a good discussion on it. If everyone cut back or moved on the population of people playing this game would be unnecessarily reduced.

• RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    Uc eq per month awarding a full t2a and master awarding 1/2 t2a would be a good start
    edited October 2018

The people posting care enough about the game to push for a change at this level or at least a good discussion on it. If everyone cut back or moved on the population of people playing this game would be unnecessarily reduced.

Totally agree, and I wasn’t urging anyone to quit the game. If I didn’t want the in-game experience to improve, I would stop posting. And I do try to assume the good intentions of most of the active forums posters, regardless of whether I agree with them.

I keep checking in on this discussion because I believe it is relevant. There are scores of players in the “mid-tier” cohort who share experiences similar to ours. Most are looking for something other than a “play more/spend more” solution, and I’m hopeful the team is listening to them.

Dr. Zola
    I hope someone at kabam who can bring a change is reading this or else we are all wasting our time and closer to quitting
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    I also think we probably differ in what you define as ‘mid tier’.

In my head mid tier is p2/p3 war and 600k+ rating. These player should have no issue getting good 5* shards from arena. Hit 7m with about 75 steak, that’s 25 rounds a day which takes max 45 minutes.
    I think mid tier should be prestige based...anything over 6k
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    As a middle to upper tier player i have to agree with the OP. I personally dont spend much on this game, and dont intend to. I am in a Platinum 2 alliance and i feel the same was as my gold 1 friends.
    Unless youre running map 6, T2a is very hard to come by. I am in the 5x5 aq bg and unless i explore the lab i will continue to fall behind and it sucks
    By mid tier I was referring to semi retired players who have completed all in game content. Most I'm guessing have 4,-6 6*s and 6-8 dozen 5*s. I would say your average mid tier player is an ex map 6 alliance or platinum aw player who grew tired of the constant grind but still enjoys the game. I'm sure the prestige of most would be 6k and up
    Looks like we got a solution for the moment.
  • DrownedGodDrownedGod Posts: 276
    Immortal wrote: »

Quite odd timing, no?
    edited October 2018
    I don't believe in odd timing. More like ...very well designed...

I understand perfectly what you meant about the 6 * pulls...

• DrownedGodDrownedGod Posts: 276
    Stop typing. They're reading.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Immortal wrote: »

I don't know... $300 for a t2a doesn't sound like much of a solution to me... More like part of the problem.
    1 t2a isn't very helpful and at that price its $1200 for a rank 4 and $1800 for a rank 5. The price is more ridiculous than the t5b they offered in August
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    It is speculation, but the mid-tier may not be the main target for the game right now. Upper end players chasing endgame rewards and newer accounts with growth potential may be where the game team chooses to focus its attention. That’s totally the game team’s prerogative.

I think that's overly reductive. The game very obviously aims at a lot of different targets, from the beginning player to the top tier player and a lot of segments in-between. But there will always be people who aren't sufficiently close to any of those targets to be satisfied. It is literally impossible to target everyone, so you're going to lose a lot of people that fall in between the cracks and need more than the game is willing to provide. Personally, I think the vast majority of players who self-identify as "mid-tier" aren't in any well-defined point in the game. They just aren't beginners and aren't top tier players, but they also aren't really all that similar to each other collectively either.
  • Jing_Yik2017Jing_Yik2017 Posts: 86
    Takes me 3.5 months to get 4 T2A, from Glory (have to use all glory earned from AQ), shards from Map 6 crystals (rng based), EQ rewards and War crystals (rng based).

The game has evolve to a point that some content, R3 5* or R5 4* is not relevant anymore, especially on war attack day and Day 5 AQ (due to high prestige).

And i am sitting with 56 6* and 5*, mostly all are just arena folder except maybe 7-8 of them who i will use in AQ, EQ or War attack/defence....

Have to admit that T2A are more available compared to say 6 months ago, but that not enough. To wait 4 months to R4 a 5* or 10 months to get 2 T5B is painful.

Hope that there will be some improvements in near future.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I think that's overly reductive. The game very obviously aims at a lot of different targets, from the beginning player to the top tier player and a lot of segments in-between. But there will always be people who aren't sufficiently close to any of those targets to be satisfied. It is literally impossible to target everyone, so you're going to lose a lot of people that fall in between the cracks and need more than the game is willing to provide. Personally, I think the vast majority of players who self-identify as "mid-tier" aren't in any well-defined point in the game. They just aren't beginners and aren't top tier players, but they also aren't really all that similar to each other collectively either.

I didn’t coin the term, but “mid-tier” definitely is simplistic and overly reductive. Within the grouping the OP is attempting to define there are undoubtedly veterans moving both in and out of the game and up and down the ranks in all stripes and flavors. I would prefer to think of the group OP intends to invoke as players at a plateau that once reached is difficult to move beyond without significant resource use (time or money) and/or significant luck. I’m unsure whether that difficulty is real or just perceived, but what matters is the very real disaffection of some of those players, as represented by this thread and other similar ones.

How to fix? More opportunities to earn good things and/or earn upgrades to the good things a player already has.

Dr. Zola
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    The answer is always "grind more, spend more, commit more" but after all the effort spent to do that for 3*, then 4*, now 5* and eventually 6* all it does is emphasise the amount of tail chasing involved in this game which is not fun at all, especially since 80% of champs are useful only for arenas and by the time I get hold of that 20%, there is another meta shift or adjustment on its way.

It's not a rant, I don't want anything I haven't earned and I don't disrespect anyone's commitment who is prepared to go hard but what started out as a pretty interesting and fun game is starting to lose that for me, as someone who hasn't gone hard enough to be doing well but also don't want to walk away from all those wasted hours over nearly 3 years.

• Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Maybe for people with decent luck sure.
    I’ve played for 2 years and opened 65 5*s. Still only used 18 T2a and have 10 more lying around waiting for a 4th champ I like enough to rank upto 4/55.
    For me it’s always nice to open a 5* because I have the chance of not pulling yet another damn meme of a character, I know it won’t be but the hope is there and the resources are there.
    I just hope I pull something soon otherwise I’m gonna be in t2a overflow for the 4th time this year