**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dumbest way to die in Symbiote Difficulty

DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
So I'm nearing the end of my plow through of Symbiote difficulty, and I still have over a thousand strands. So I decide rather than sit on them, I'll just buy *everything* and use it all to blast through the last map. Which goes amazingly well for the most part, until I get to Symbiote Supreme. And then blam, dead. Huh, that's odd. I revive the Sym and go again. SS uses his SP3 on me again, and I survive again, I start attacking and then poof, I'm dead again. Okay, I must be doing something wrong here. I close the app and restart just in case its something funky, and then revive and go again. Looks good, I start attacking and dead again. Now I'm really [removed by moderation], and I decide something must be wrong, and maybe there's a funny interaction between all those symbiote buffs I'm using. Let's see, cauterize is fine, cracking blow is okay, I can't see anything wrong with running Frenzy, or In for the Kill, or Purge. Power Start 1 seems okay, I don't see the harm in running Momentum...

Yeah, don't run Momentum against Symbiote Supreme.

jiFfM.jpg
Post edited by Kabam Porkchop on

Comments

• RoOOtsRoOOts Posts: 234 ★★
    Mine was at the very first enemy. emma frost! better make it sure at the beginning and use some extra boosts! lets say: unknown enemy makes the fight extra exciting!
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Forgetting to use recoup for biohazard void, forgetting to use undying for SS
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    Using hardened shell on the electro quest... without the symbiote health synergy. I kinda static shocked myself to death
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Buying up the boosts for a boss, and then forgetting to actually apply the damn things before entering fight. Vision laughed. Spider-Man laughed. Yes, I may have done that more than once...
    Also, when you use Undying to tank the L3s of Vision or SS... and they just dodge back and block until the Indestructible ends, and THEN they use their special.
    edited October 2018
    Amonthir wrote: »
    Also, when you use Undying to tank the L3s of Vision or SS... and they just dodge back and block until the Indestructible ends, and THEN they use their special.

Yep that happened to me once too.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Thanks for the heads up, DNA. I'm afraid I've already gone ape with my Boosts. Now I'm rationing them to finish the last 7 passes on Epic. XD.
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Let's see, cauterize is fine, cracking blow is okay, I can't see anything wrong with running Frenzy

Momentum is problematic but Frenzy gives Precision after an L1 as well. The only enhancements I had against SS were Cauterize, Undying, and Frenzy, and after activating an L1 my symbioid died

• A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Dumb ways to die, so many dumb ways to die. Duuuumb ways to die-ie-ie, so many dumb ways to die.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Went in against void - didn't read the nodes. Was just going to power through him, whatever, Bunch of nope. got wrecked with biohazard. fight was over in 4 seconds.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I ran into the same issue against SS... I was using power start 1 and Frenzy... Fired off my sp1 and I died... I wasn't sure what was going on because I don't use recoil, finally figured out it was the buffs that get activated after using sp1.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Mine was the first spidey, I didn’t look through the boosts and ended up doing it with a 4* iceman, then I realised there were boosts for him
  • Thanks for the heads up, DNA. I'm afraid I've already gone ape with my Boosts. Now I'm rationing them to finish the last 7 passes on Epic. XD.

Least you might finish unlike me lol
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    Using hardened shell on the electro quest... without the symbiote health synergy. I kinda static shocked myself to death

What is needed for Electro?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Ankalagonn wrote: »

The obvious symbiote buff to use here is Unknown Enemy, which if memory serves gives defensive ability accuracy reduction. You could also use Cleanse which allows you to drain his power by holding block (i.e. no need to worry about avoiding his SP1 anymore). If want the quick kill and have the strands, go for Cut Deep, Total Carnage, Power Start 1, Frenzy, and Undying. You'll start the fight with one bar of power and also be completely immune to damage for the first five seconds. Parry and use SP1, then attack for however long he's still alive. He might not live long enough for you to make it to the end of your first combo.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Ankalagonn wrote: »

I just used indestructible and got like 5-6 bleeds on him. I think I lost 15% health in the end but that was it. Used indestructible for most fights. I think that's what I used to take out Abomination also. :)
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    My son ran through the EQ before I did.

He was using buff heavy champs (the Sym was only R2) and I kept hearing him yell "PILFERED, What the hell is that???" as well as some words a 12 yr old really shouldn't utter, I think he gets that from his mother because I sure as **** don't swear.

I couldn't work out what was happening but I heard it a dozen times before he mumbled 'im going outside...."

Not really registering the connection I took Angela, SW, Crossbones, X23 and Sparky and my evade game is strong.

Now I know what the **** he was talking about.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    get in with dot heal back buff vs dorm and triggering dexterity on purpose to heal up
    Aleor wrote: »
    get in with dot heal back buff vs dorm and triggering dexterity on purpose to heal up

That doesn't work, it's passive degen, not degen debuff. Recoup boost would work on cable's degen, but not dorm's
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Aleor wrote: »

That doesn't work, it's passive degen, not degen debuff. Recoup boost would work on cable's degen, but not dorm's

I believe it didn't work with abom and sw poisons as well. also it doesn't say "active dot debuff", does it? (it doesn't, I just checked) it's passive, but it's still dot debuff. simple as that. it doesn't correspond description, just like gulk doesn't get face me active from life transfer node even while getting passive dot, or like it's said nowhere in the game that ultron's armor up activates some aar even though I've seen something like that on forum, or magik sp2 power steal mechanics never describer in game in details.
    Poison reduces healing, which is why it doesn't work against abom/SW.
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Forgetting how to generally exist in fights, keep spacing out and losing to 2.1 majik fight, I’m ashamed of myself, you don’t have to be for me
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Mine wasn't event a boss, it was Omega Red. Figured, oh, I'm gonna make him bleed, have to account for Death Field. Easy, I'll use Recoup, right?

Started fight, didn't bother to track spore stacks, just attacked.

Recoup didn't help.

I died. :'(
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    I had used Cleansed on Emma frost, that was a mistake. Kept her in Diamond form the whole damn fight. I really wish they would allow us to use the boosts in LAB would have been much more enjoyable. As now like many of you Im sure I have 500 strands and nothing to use them on.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Does recoup counter cables degeneration?
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited November 2018
    I went in to fight the Chapter 2 Deadpool thinking ''Heh, Symbiote is a massive a**kicker, how would a simple Deadpool boss require any boosts?''

I didn't realize how wrong I was and I obviously had to use one revive.