**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The "My Little Symbiote" Event

1111213141517»

Comments

• NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    Went through that for a freaking Winter Soldier I already had duped twice, what a waste
  • Thanks for the Epic version for Event Quest. I could 100% explore with the help of sumbiote and get quite plenty of 6* shards for the very first time. :)
  • About to make a run at the Epic difficulty, but based on what I'm reading it doesn't seem like the Symbiote difficulty is worth it. Am I wrong in that assumption? Lots of basic 5*'s nobody seems to want.
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Brusier_1 wrote: »
    About to make a run at the Epic difficulty, but based on what I'm reading it doesn't seem like the Symbiote difficulty is worth it. Am I wrong in that assumption? Lots of basic 5*'s nobody seems to want.

It's a pretty easy way to get a t4cc and a 5* featured. Epic is tougher compared to symbiote
  • Brusier_1 wrote: »
    About to make a run at the Epic difficulty, but based on what I'm reading it doesn't seem like the Symbiote difficulty is worth it. Am I wrong in that assumption? Lots of basic 5*'s nobody seems to want.

It's a pretty easy way to get a t4cc and a 5* featured. Epic is tougher compared to symbiote

Good to know, might skip Epic and just finish out Symbiote. Thanks!
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi Summoners!

October was a really fun month for The Contest and we are so glad that you enjoyed your time with your Symbioids! We loved them as well and are sad to see them go...

We’ve appreciated all the feedback and we’ve shared it all with the team.

Month over month, our Live Events group comes up with some really amazing events for our Summoners. Each October in the past 3 years, the team has run mode-specific boosts. This year they wanted to do something different by giving you a blank slate that you could use to customize. October was also Symbiote focused so My Little Symbiote was the result.

Through the execution of this blank slate approach, we realized it needed a few more tools to be able to reliably execute it over the long term. The My Little Symbiote event was developed with this in mind as short-term, fun content. To make the Symbioid a permanent addition, there would have been many other considerations and development resources which couldn’t be fit into the timeframe for this event.

We’ve heard that you’ve loved your little guys, and while the team makes no promises, it’s not out of the question that something similar could be run in the future.

As noted at the beginning, we’ll be removing the little guys from everyone’s roster after the My Little Symbiote event is over. Soon after the event ends, we’ll give you the opportunity to sell the Symbiote before it’s removed forever, so make sure to do so.

Please let us know your feedback about what improvements we could make, should a similar event come back again.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi Summoners!

October was a really fun month for The Contest and we are so glad that you enjoyed your time with your Symbioids! We loved them as well and are sad to see them go...

Month over month, our Live Events group comes up with some really amazing events for our Summoners. Each October in the past 3 years, the team has run mode-specific boosts. This year they wanted to do something different by giving you a blank slate that you could use to customize. October was also Symbiote focused so My Little Symbiote was the result.

Through the execution of this blank slate approach, we realized it needed a few more tools to be able to reliably execute it over the long term. The My Little Symbiote event was developed with this in mind as short-term, fun content. To make the Symbioid a permanent addition, there would have been many other considerations and development resources which couldn’t be fit into the timeframe for this event.

We’ve heard that you’ve loved your little guys, and while the team makes no promises, it’s not out of the question that something similar could be run in the future.

As noted at the beginning, we’ll be removing the little guys from everyone’s roster after the My Little Symbiote event is over. Soon after the event ends, we’ll give you the opportunity to sell the Symbiote before it’s removed forever, so make sure to do so.

Please let us know your feedback about what improvements we could make, should a similar event come back again.

“At the beginning”? Does that mean when the new event quest starts?
  • RO53TT1RO53TT1 Posts: 317
    U know I didn't realize the huge favor kabam did by giving us the 1* symbioid cause with him I could play epic and sym difficulty, of course he still takes damage and then I get to use my normal champs and since neither my regular champs and myself are good enough to play those difficulty, mainly because I can't play perfect every fight which is what this game makes u do to progress, I should really just thank kabam for allowing me to spend a ton of units (and possibly cash) buying revive and potions, wow thank u kabam ur to generous and thoughtful, as seen with the Halloween calender this month.
  • KelvinKageKelvinKage Posts: 372 ★★★
    RO53TT1 wrote: »
    U know I didn't realize the huge favor kabam did by giving us the 1* symbioid cause with him I could play epic and sym difficulty, of course he still takes damage and then I get to use my normal champs and since neither my regular champs and myself are good enough to play those difficulty, mainly because I can't play perfect every fight which is what this game makes u do to progress, I should really just thank kabam for allowing me to spend a ton of units (and possibly cash) buying revive and potions, wow thank u kabam ur to generous and thoughtful, as seen with the Halloween calender this month.

With a little bit of patience collecting strands from the labs and doing the easier difficulties of the EQ so as to rank your symbiote you could’ve completed the epic and symbiote difficulty with minimal potions and revives and units, as a lot of us did. In the 8 months I’ve been playing this is BY FAR the most fun I’ve had, and satisfied with the rewards, doing a monthly and I’m going to miss it. Don’t be mad at Kabam because you’re not that good...
  • KelvinKageKelvinKage Posts: 372 ★★★
    Not always a fan of your decision making but you all knocked this one out of the park. Credit where it’s due. Great Job Kabam.
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Hi Summoners!

Maybe you guys could release a champion with the exact same moves and specials as the symbiote in one of the months, because that's one of the main reasons i like him. Very smooth animations, easy to intercept when using him
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    So what’s the going sale price for my Symbiote?

• PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    I don’t know how to hashtag ppl but if you not gonna do anymore event quests(which involve the symbiot) is it safe to sell (do we get title now)
  • rogueKlyntarrogueKlyntar Posts: 268
    When does he leave? I am on the road with no good net access. I dont wanna miss the title.I wouldprefer to know ahead of time and not be dissapointed.
  • rogueKlyntarrogueKlyntar Posts: 268
    NikoBravo wrote: »

A dinky little Hospitable Host title, complete with dippy alliteration and no cred value.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    NikoBravo wrote: »

A dinky little Hospitable Host title, complete with dippy alliteration and no cred value.

I'm not selling my Sym for that...
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Brusier_1 wrote: »

As far as getting a good champ, it's all RNG. But, with the boosts and your symbiote it is really easy.
  • SharkyDSharkyD Posts: 9
    what will you get for selling your symbiote on the 7th of november?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    SharkyD wrote: »
    what will you get for selling your symbiote on the 7th of november?
    @SharkyD you get a title. That's it. There is a Helpful Unbiased Poll on the subject here:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/105466/are-you-going-to-sell-your-summoned-symbiod/p1
  • SnurrisSnurris Posts: 428 ★★★
    What has happened @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra the strands are not any longer available in the store. Why remove the strands before the event ends? Can’t find anywhere that the strands are going away earlier. Now I’m short 60 strands for exploring symbiote. And tonight I can only earn 20. So all the hard work and units for nothing. 😢
  • SharkyDSharkyD Posts: 9
    thanks for the info
  • CELEZECELEZE Posts: 46
    @Kabam Miike hey, will the symbiote remain in our account as low 1* or will it disapear like you posted? Please tell us clear!
  • TreoTreo Posts: 382 ★★
    Symbiod neutered .... :( the fun is over
  • TreoTreo Posts: 382 ★★
    klbldz79bbqi.png
    hjfgizngwi4e.png
  • CELEZE wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike hey, will the symbiote remain in our account as low 1* or will it disapear like you posted? Please tell us clear!

You have the opportunity to sell your Symbiote but if you don't do so it will eventually disappear from your roster.
  • CELEZECELEZE Posts: 46
    CELEZE wrote: »

You have the opportunity to sell your Symbiote but if you don't do so it will eventually disappear from your roster.
    Thank you for the answer!
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Can we get a title if we don’t sell maybe? Something like “I’m not a monster”? But seriously, why no title for not selling, like gotg and mephisto events.
This discussion has been closed.