**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Happy Halloween! Or not...

So what's up with not running a micro event for Halloween? I'm not asking for a free crystal (though at least a special offer would be nice). But Halloween not even being acknowledged? It's like fan boys favorite holiday. Lol. The only other time where it's socially acceptable to dress up as your favorite marvel hero is comic con, and after spending all my money in this game, God knows I can't afford THOSE tickets. (yes I am aware you can also dress up while serving justice, but with my carpal tunnel from playing Mcoc it makes it difficult to hold my Billy club) I'm hoping I'm wrong and maybe there will be a surprise offer or pop up event.

Comments

• Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Hoping we all get a free 2* ghost rider and a trick or treat offer
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    Not happening, they would have announced it already. They clearly didn't plan anything special event wise.
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    This is why I think Kabam spends WAY too much time on their original champions. October was mess and awful rewards wise but it seems like no one wants to admit it. I’m 90% sure Kabam was just focusing on Aegon this whole time.
  • Bdavis_2017Bdavis_2017 Posts: 245
    MrBanks wrote: »
    This is why I think Kabam spends WAY too much time on their original champions. October was mess and awful rewards wise but it seems like no one wants to admit it. I’m 90% sure Kabam was just focusing on Aegon this whole time.
    awful rewards? T5 basic shard T2 alpha, free feautured five star, t4cc etc... this has been one of the best months in the game rewards and connection wise

I’m not on the high tier player list. I played occult labs everyday and got about 2 T4B cats from shards. I don’t need those. I’m in overflow. I have over 500 klyntar shards because I never need to buy the buffs for the symbioid. The spooky crystal gave me 1000 PHC shards. I got much more out of just playing Act 4 than all that October had to offer.

Act 4 is permanent content, that’s like saying you get more from LoL and act 5 than the uncollected event
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    There may be some deal that happens in 16 minutes
  • BeatleraoBeatlerao Posts: 153
    Yeah no deals happen till after one Eastern time. Never have really if you look back.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Best rewards I've had in a long time lol. If October was a mess I hope we get some more messes.

This.
  • BeatleraoBeatlerao Posts: 153
    offer is up there now.
    Hey All,

Glad to see some discourse in here about this month's events! OP, while it may seem like it's been a while since he arrived, the Summoned Symbioid, and all of the boosts and events that revolved around him were designed to mark Halloween. We thought that instead of a short event, we'd celebrate all month long! We don't always do the same thing every year (although, Mode Specific Boosts are a staple of our October events) for any Holiday or event, and wouldn't want to, because that would get predictable and dull!

You guys should make this an official announcement. Personally I never found a great use for my Symbioid because he is only R2, but I see where you are coming from and agree. The symbioid is a lot of players’ top champion and that is there Halloween reward. I highly suggest you disclose this on an official announcement.
  • 6yrara936yrara93 Posts: 60
    @MrBanks
    This month’s Event Quest and the Occult Labs were a perfect place to use your Summoned Symbioid. With the Enhancements, you had the capability to clear content that you normally wouldn’t. This was stated in the Event Announcement post, and it was all over the forums/internet. If you had continued with your Symbioid, and ranked it up, you would have been able to clear Epic and Symbiote Difficulty with ease. This in turn, would have given you some very good rewards that would definitely help a “middle tier” player.
  • Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    How bout a 1 minute long gold realm quest
    With 2 minute long loading screens
    6yrara93 wrote: »
    @MrBanks
    This month’s Event Quest and the Occult Labs were a perfect place to use your Summoned Symbioid. With the Enhancements, you had the capability to clear content that you normally wouldn’t. This was stated in the Event Announcement post, and it was all over the forums/internet. If you had continued with your Symbioid, and ranked it up, you would have been able to clear Epic and Symbiote Difficulty with ease. This in turn, would have given you some very good rewards that would definitely help a “middle tier” player.
    I was able to but the rewards were not worth the difficulty in my opinion. I could quickly finish hero x2 for still mediocre rewards.
    awful rewards? T5 basic shard T2 alpha, free feautured five star, t4cc etc... this has been one of the best months in the game rewards and connection wise

I’m not on the high tier player list. I played occult labs everyday and got about 2 T4B cats from shards. I don’t need those. I’m in overflow. I have over 500 klyntar shards because I never need to buy the buffs for the symbioid. The spooky crystal gave me 1000 PHC shards. I got much more out of just playing Act 4 than all that October had to offer.

Act 4 is permanent content, that’s like saying you get more from LoL and act 5 than the uncollected event

If I can complete act 4 for the first time and get nowhere near HALF the rewards from the monthly stuff then it’s not balanced in my opinion

You'll never know the joys of using your r5 sym with god powers slapping the #### out of 200k health defenders in under 15 seconds then, and being rewarded a featured 5 that you can hold on to until such time that enough trash has been emptied from it to open with others of its ilk. Sad!

And I’ll never know the sadness when you get it taken away :smile:
  • Jesterj8Jesterj8 Posts: 51
    OK, after reading these comments I have a few things to say.
    1. Kabam Mike-- there's a holiday almost every month of the year. Its like saying you Introduced IMIW for Christmas to prevent cold snap. I do appreciate you taking time to read and comment though.
    2. The symbiotes full potential couldn't be fully reached for most until well into halfway through the event, if at all.
    3. I acknowledge the fact there was the release of the spooky and scary crystals. A high price to pay for a more then likely 4 star. (though, full disclosure, I bought it and duped my 5* GR)
    4. A big movie release without a celebrity challenge? No Tom hardy event? Especially with the symbiot event going on? Weak.
    5. The load times have been atrocious. The best you can hope for with a 20 minute boost on the symbiote is about 6 fights if everything goes right and you stack another 4 boosts on top. Watch seatins video, but don't follow it. I made that mistake. 140 klintar for about 3/4 of a path on act 2 and 3.breaking that down- last act alone is 700.
    6. Lastly, thank you everyone who read this and commented. I feel like whatever your opinion-- voicing it helps the creators and players. Players usually find something they can relate to, and creators see what the issues might be, and will improve for the next month.
    Thank you everyone for your well thought out opinions.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Would it really hurt to give everyone a real gift on a holiday? That spooky crystal was just a slap in the face for 99.99% of everyone. Thanks for the PHC shards Kabam!
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    I thought it’s been a pretty decent month to be honest. Even if I got a trash champ from the 5* featured crystal, still better than other stuff.
  • KillSwitchKillSwitch Posts: 281 ★★★
    Spooky Crystal was an absolute joke this year. Not even a fully formed PHC.....pathetic!
  • Hey All,

We understand that some of you were not as happy with this year's Halloween Celebration, but this has turned into a rant about a lot of things that are not really the original topic. We won't have any more to add to the subject, but want to thank you for the feedback because it does help us better understand what's important to our summoners, and helps us moving forward.

We're going to close this thread down now.
This discussion has been closed.