**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5* Karnak, rank up at all? Pleaae comment with rationale.

5* Karnak, rank up at all? Pleaae comment with rationale. 55 votes

Yes
21%
KpatrixGolden_GuardianDrenlinAsukiraShaheerFIazRicemansbdjdkXxLoganTDCxXskullduggery72Webby72FooshblalalaMrBanks 12 votes
No, you’ve been Kabamed.
78%
RagamugginGunnerWhododo872Spity68SpeedbumpFlareDogephillgreenErSandbm3eppschunkybAnonymous346DragonFire2Savio444Bruce12342AhitlawSpiderCoolsHendrossG0311rockykostonTrojanX05science22 43 votes

Comments

• JayCeeJayCee Posts: 732 ★★
    No, you’ve been Kabamed.
    He used to be worth it for true strike but then Heimdall came along
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    No, you’ve been Kabamed.
    Nope hes just spider gwen with true strike
  • Sad. I thought as much. I worked hard & waited a long time to get my 3rd ever 5 star.....
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    same as you i have 7 5 star only 2 are good carnage and cable

hulk need to be duped tho to be any good
  • In 5 star I have MODOK, cable, & now Karnak....
    Perhaps I should be grateful for first two.
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    If you don’t have another champ with true strike then he can be good for war attack.
  • I’ve a an awakened 4 star killmonger rank 4.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,358 ★★★★★
    No, you’ve been Kabamed.
    His triumphant look after using his Special 1 just as I'm about to kick him in the head is one of my favourite parts of the game.
  • OK I’ve scratched my itch by using my resources to rank 4 my awakened 4 star Domino.
    Karnak will sit there until as such time Disney make an Inhumans Billion $ franchise & Kabam buff him.
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    I’ve a an awakened 4 star killmonger rank 4.

In that case you don’t really need him. In my case i use my 6* Karnak in war because theres Modoks and Spideys on my path. I have better champs then him but none of them have true strike so i just smash with Karnak. If/when i get KM then he’s out the door lol until then im stuck
  • DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    Yes
    He’s average and worth rank 3 if you have Medusa and B.B. to pair him with
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,423 ★★★★
    Sad. I thought as much. I worked hard & waited a long time to get my 3rd ever 5 star.....

He's worth between 18k - 25k points in arena when you're up to 3x score. That's mostly the point of 5 stars you don't rank up much.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    No, you’ve been Kabamed.
    Great for the T4B arena
  • Perhaps Kabam is trying to make it up to me. I just pulled 4* KC from my PHC...
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 572 ★★
    All 5* should be min rank 2 so eventually yes.
  • InfineightInfineight Posts: 278
    No, you’ve been Kabamed.
    I have only 3 5stars but out them two are killmonger and ghost rider.....
  • You did well....
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    When he's duped, he's an excellent candidate for suicides as his signature ability lets him gain a net regen from Liquid Courage. Running suicides with Karnak significantly increases his viability.

As a defender (and when duped), his best placement is likely on nodes with Limber. It's possible that people will forget his ability to shrug stuns quickly. Add that to the limber node and a maxed out limber mastery and he may just catch someone off guard.

Unduped, his best application seems to be against armored champs as he crits a lot and can really cut through armor and physical resistance pretty well. Outside of that, his best use is likely just synergies for Black Bolt and Medusa.

Karnak is a high crit rate/glass cannon champ who got the short end of the stick with the 12.0 change along with other glass cannons like Iron Fist, Electro and Rocket Raccoon. Diminishing returns and challenger rating really cut down the effectiveness of these champs and they have yet to see an update to bring them back to their former glory.
  • Thanks for that analysis.
    Let’s hope they get fixed!
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    Yes
    It depends on what you need right now, if he’s awakened, or who your other champs are. He’s not good, not bad, but also not Netflix DD or falcon.
  • He’s unduped. I only have 3 5 stars. I have a ton of very good 4 stars. So not sure if a 5 star Karnak is worth investing in just becomes he’s a 5 star.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Yes
    Rank him up to a least rank two so he does "decent damage". If you have Medusa and Black Bolt then you should use him in AW attack
  • I have BB & Medusa only as 3 stars.
  • skullduggery72skullduggery72 Posts: 224 ★★
    Yes
    I have the 6* and was gutted, but then I found he can take care of Spidey, modok, Medusa etc so he's useful. Of course there are better options but if you don't have them he's worth 3/45 at the least. Has good synergy with other inhumans as well