**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How to counter counter tactics node?

Is there an effective way to counter counter tactics in harder difficulty (epic)? Especially against a stacked punisher or punisher 2099. Because either you die to blocking a spray gunfire special, or die trying to get rid of combo by getting hit by last part of special.

Or is this one of Kabam's "fun" unavoidable node?

Comments

• rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Re-roll. The block damage is too much with that node.

I have died too many times to play with that node on.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

He is talking about the EQ. There’s a path where every champ has counter tactics. Unfortunately you don’t get to reroll that node like you do in labs.

You will need either a power control champ or an evasion champ. Stark Spidey excels at both. Other options are Magik, DV, OG DD, etc.
  • Kil63Kil63 Posts: 254 ★★
    a strong damage over time champ. or set yourself up to take a heavy attack hit.

• Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    A regen champ helps if you have one.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    Use a high damage champ or regen champ or any champ that finishes the fight quickly

X23 is really great for counter tactics punisher - class advantage and regen
    For punisher 2099 magik would ve great. Power lock him through out the fight
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    Cough* total carnage cough*

But in general, power control and evasion or the best one maybe: Quake
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    Sorry I wasn't clear guys, I meant the labs.

Good advice all around. Thanks guys

• allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    Domino with Rulk and Masacre synergy is my go to for this node. Parry+heavy, rinse and repeat. Finish them quick and no basic hits so the combo stays under 20.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    allinashes wrote: »
    Domino with Rulk and Masacre synergy is my go to for this node. Parry+heavy, rinse and repeat. Finish them quick and no basic hits so the combo stays under 20.

As a side note, I have to admit that I am totally envious of all the potent new synergy teams available now. Some of them, like this one, I was completely unaware of.

I was able to nail 2/3 of the Blade Trinity early spring before the well dried up for me. I’m looking at Rhulk only for the Domino threesome, 0/3 on the KM/Void/ST trio, 0/3 on the Wasp/Ghost/AM team...

Looking at the benefits Domino gets from
    those synergies...just awesome.

Dr. Zola
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    A champ who can perfect parry is a good option like cap iw
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    omega red or quake
    push to sp3 with I've armor using iceman, same with LC.

or use any champ and evade like god)
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    allinashes wrote: »

As a side note, I have to admit that I am totally envious of all the potent new synergy teams available now. Some of them, like this one, I was completely unaware of.

I was able to nail 2/3 of the Blade Trinity early spring before the well dried up for me. I’m looking at Rhulk only for the Domino threesome, 0/3 on the KM/Void/ST trio, 0/3 on the Wasp/Ghost/AM team...

Looking at the benefits Domino gets from
    those synergies...just awesome.

Dr. Zola

Yeah those synergy teams have added a new dimension to things. But they're really hard to put together. I was lucky Domino and Masacre were in the same featured. The only other good synergy team champ I have in 5* is AM 🙁 and then there's the issue of how high to rank for synergy. I can't see myself taking Masacre/Rulk past R3 with how long it takes to get t2a. They're both better than average but pale in comparison to Domino and I have to save for a 3rd R5.
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Can’t counter a counter