**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

FGMCs need to be accurate in the spin reel

As someone that has suffered from addiction, I can see how people get addicted to hear crystals.

When you watch the reel, you constantly see a 5* every 3-4 champs. That is not the case in the actual drop rates.

Mentally, this has a huge effect on someone when they roll over a 5* on to a 3* or miss the featured 5* champ by one roll.

A 5* should only appear 1-2% at a time in the reel. I know that there is no difference from spinning and just popping, but mentally, this can get addicted real quick and should be changed ASAP before people who are already addicted do something damaging to their lives.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    It's impossible to be accurate. It's just a computer-generated list of possibilities. The outcome is generated the moment you place the Crystal.
    For that matter, it would be numerically impossible to be accurate in the short amount of time that it rolls. You would never see a 5*.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    DaddyD wrote: »
    As someone that has suffered from addiction, I can see how people get addicted to hear crystals.

When you watch the reel, you constantly see a 5* every 3-4 champs. That is not the case in the actual drop rates.

Mentally, this has a huge effect on someone when they roll over a 5* on to a 3* or miss the featured 5* champ by one roll.

A 5* should only appear 1-2% at a time in the reel. I know that there is no difference from spinning and just popping, but mentally, this can get addicted real quick and should be changed ASAP before people who are already addicted do something damaging to their lives.

People that aren't Youtubers actually spin crystals? If you aren't trying to pad out 5 seconds of crystal opening into a 10 minute video so you can trick your subscribers into thinking that you are posting actual content, you don't spin crystals. No one spins crystals. Click the open button.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    It’s gambling psychology. If PHCs showed the reels as 2% 4*, absolutely no one, even noobs, wouldn’t buy them. Same with all the others
  • DaddyDDaddyD Posts: 75
    It's impossible to be accurate. It's just a computer-generated list of possibilities. The outcome is generated the moment you place the Crystal.
    For that matter, it would be numerically impossible to be accurate in the short amount of time that it rolls. You would never see a 5*.

Wouldn’t showing the rarity of a 5% in the reel be the ethical thing to do?
  • It's impossible to be accurate.

It is possible to be accurate. It would just be far less visually interesting, which is the point.