**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Does a premium profile pic do anything?

2»

Comments

• ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Nope! It's strictly cosmetic, and not at all mandatory. You'll be able to choose from all of the Champions in your roster, but if you choose, you can pick up a Premium Profile Pic for Gold (Tier 0) or Units!

What do the different tiers mean? Does it just give you access to different avatar/profile pics? Do you have a list of what each tier includes?

Different Premium Pics are in different tiers. For instance, the Pic of Wolverine's claws is a Tier 0, and costs 1000 Gold to purchase, while the Collector image is a Tier 3 and will be 500 units. If you'd like to change to Pic of your own Champions, those aren't considered Premium, and won't cost anything to select.

We'll be adding more Pics as time goes on, but aren't going to ruin the surprise of what you'll see when you update next week!

So we need a tier 3 to change our profile champ?

No, changing profile champs is free. If you want the special ones like wolverines claws or collector's face, then you have to pay for the tier
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Nope! It's strictly cosmetic, and not at all mandatory. You'll be able to choose from all of the Champions in your roster, but if you choose, you can pick up a Premium Profile Pic for Gold (Tier 0) or Units!

What do the different tiers mean? Does it just give you access to different avatar/profile pics? Do you have a list of what each tier includes?

Different Premium Pics are in different tiers. For instance, the Pic of Wolverine's claws is a Tier 0, and costs 1000 Gold to purchase, while the Collector image is a Tier 3 and will be 500 units. If you'd like to change to Pic of your own Champions, those aren't considered Premium, and won't cost anything to select.

We'll be adding more Pics as time goes on, but aren't going to ruin the surprise of what you'll see when you update next week!

So we need a tier 3 to change our profile champ?

No, changing profile champs is free. If you want the special ones like wolverines claws or collector's face, then you have to pay for the tier

Oh, ok. Thx
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    I like the idea overall, but the fact that you'll be adding more with time makes me uncomfortable.
    For example, I buy one for 500 units. A week later you add another one, much better than the one I bought, for another 500 units. In that moment, I could choose not to buy it and keep the units, or buy it and use it, making the previous premium profile useless for me.
    If at least players were able to sell these profiles for something like 50% the original value, then I think it would be fine. I just don't feel safe to buy these things when a new and better one might come in the future
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    The only complaint that I have is that if you let's say change your profile pic to let's say an iceman when your top champ is blade, your duel target is still blade.

That should have been the purpose of allowing us to change profile pic in the first place, to be able to modify our duel target at will. I'm almost certain that's what people wanted when they asked kabam to allow them to change their profile pic.

It's not too late kabam, you can make it such that when we change our profile pic our duel target changes with it. Or else do what someone else has suggested, add a search feature to search for duel target
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    this is awesome
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I like the idea overall, but the fact that you'll be adding more with time makes me uncomfortable.
    For example, I buy one for 500 units. A week later you add another one, much better than the one I bought, for another 500 units. In that moment, I could choose not to buy it and keep the units, or buy it and use it, making the previous premium profile useless for me.
    If at least players were able to sell these profiles for something like 50% the original value, then I think it would be fine. I just don't feel safe to buy these things when a new and better one might come in the future

They're all just cosmetic either way. Doesn't really change anything.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    The only complaint that I have is that if you let's say change your profile pic to let's say an iceman when your top champ is blade, your duel target is still blade.

That should have been the purpose of allowing us to change profile pic in the first place, to be able to modify our duel target at will. I'm almost certain that's what people wanted when they asked kabam to allow them to change their profile pic.

It's not too late kabam, you can make it such that when we change our profile pic our duel target changes with it. Or else do what someone else has suggested, add a search feature to search for duel target

This makes little sense and definitely isn’t what I wanted. How they’ve described it is fine.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★

What are you on? If you buy one of the premium profile pics you will be able to use it immediately and then at any time in the future after you've bought another one, or switched to This Month's Hot New Champion that you got in the arena. It's basically no different to being able to change your profile picture on Facebook, you can change to one you've used before any time you want, and how is a new picture going to be 'better'. It's cosmetic. It doesn't make a blind bit of difference if your profile image is Blade, Kamala, Cap's shield, Mjolnir, a DD billy-club or a picture of Emma Frost in her underwear,
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Maybe a profile picture change token would be a good addition as a reward in the war victor crystal.... when that, if ever gets updated.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★

New and better things come out all the time. The same argument you’re making applies to ranking up champs - you can always strike while the iron is hot or wait.

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Not really ... The examples given simply aren't appropriate in this scenario.
    I just hope these things don't come up that usually. Maybe with a timeframe of 3/6 months between each one
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    knowing kabam i thought it was gonna be more expensive, but it's ok, nice adition, the profiles are so old
  • The Unit cost to buy a higher level profile pic should instead act like an "Unlock" of any pic in that level. It should allow you to modify your pic from among any of those at that level, at any time, even when new pics come out within that same level.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

It doesn’t sound like that’s how it works. You’re buying a tier, not a specific profile pic. For example if you buy Cap’s shield which is a tier 3 item and then in a month they add Wolverine’s claws which is also a tier 3 item, you will have access to both even though you paid for the tier 3 before the release of the claws. Maybe I’m wrong but that’s how it reads to me.
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    @Kabam Miike no... the most longest request from the community is erasing the help request... not this profile thing that just recently came
  • Ghost_121Ghost_121 Posts: 10
    Do the 500 unit profiles pics return? I’ve seen the aegon one and I want it but I wasn’t playing when it was out.
  • Ghost_121Ghost_121 Posts: 10

Ghost_121 said:

Do the 500 unit profiles pics return? I’ve seen the aegon one and I want it but I wasn’t playing when it was out.

why did you feel the need to revive a two year old thread instead of just starting a new one?
    Yeah I was just now thinking that. Im gonna do that instead