**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Who to use against Iron Man IW?

Comments

• Cam77778888Cam77778888 Posts: 113
    5:65 im duel t

S1icingP4in
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    IJsmuts wrote: »
    Does anybody know a player with IWIM as profile champ for duel practice?

CarbonCobraR

• IanMoone89IanMoone89 Posts: 590
    Abomination can kill him i am sure he hasnt changed his underwear in yrs lol
  • ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    Hype works best of the champs that I have, don't have Proxima or Corvus though.
    Medusa isn't a bad alternate, same with Void particularly if you take HE or similar for the Avenger synergy so IMIW starts with Fear of the Void.
  • Fighting him on a node like 44 is kind of messed up too... really limited on who to use when you have to worry about bleeding out.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited November 2018
    In terms of abilities, heimdall completely shuts down IMIW. After you get true strike anyway
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    Corvus glaive destroys him
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Don't laugh, MODOK heavy destroys imiw
    The_One wrote: »
    Don't laugh, MODOK heavy destroys imiw

I don’t doubt it with his incinerate
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    Surprised to not see him mentioned yet but I use Corvus and buzz right through him most times. Armor break on well timed blocks wipes out all armor stacks, unblockable sp2 that deals crazy damage, true strike with Proxima synergy and the evade mission (don't even use this). He's the perfect counter, but I'm sure most know this already.

Other good options are Venom, Heimdall (if you can tolerate the necessary hit count), Hype (counter heavy with heavy). An ally mate solos him a lot of wars on mini boss and boss nodes using Void with the Hawkeye synergy. This grants fear of the Void to start the fight against avengers. IWIM is a pain but there's certainly a handful of strong counters out there.

Exactly. He ruins that fight in seconds
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★
    Usually i use sparky, at the start of the fight, build up poise til 10. Then intercept or wait after heavy attack. Quick fight, after 10 poise
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Any champ can easily defeat him.
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    Carnage Destroy him unblockbull so all the way
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Symbiote spidey works if you time his heavy attacks correctly.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Hyp er ion
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Proxima. Parry the mediums and play him like normal.

Dr. Zola
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I personally think Angela is one of the best options against him.
  • venom, when his opponent is below 18% he gets true strike, and iwim gets autoblock when below 15%... so autoblock won't work on venom, plus he can eat buffs with sp1, you can use this to remove his armor up and regenerate venom
  • Gords112716Gords112716 Posts: 10
    Just dance around him and imiw will keep doing heavies. Use hyperion and immediately do heavy when u see him starting to do heavy. I usually fill in 10 fury stacks just by doing this.
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,532 ★★★★
    I find Venom to be very effective against IM IW.
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Corvus Glaive DESTROYS Imiw.
  • Ingi_Freyr1975Ingi_Freyr1975 Posts: 175
    Masacre is a good option too with incinerate and sp2 for opponent that’s blocking
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Corvus is the best imiw counter
  • Ingi_Freyr1975Ingi_Freyr1975 Posts: 175
    IJsmuts wrote: »
    Does anybody know a player with IWIM as profile champ for duel practice?

Wick2.0
  • KrumbledkookieKrumbledkookie Posts: 273
    I fought a 4* Rank5 IMIW in the 4* basic arena yesterday with Killmonger. My Killmonger is Rank5, sig level 20-something, and it still took 109 hits to beat that mofo. He hit me twice with his Sp3 and it did 0 damage each time. I love Killmonger and he's a good option again IMIW, but 109 hits? That's crazy.
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    Really any champ but Corvus might be best and also Hyp destroys him by spamming L1.
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    Duped GP 50+ combo