**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Bottom Three 5* By Class

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,541 ★★★★★
edited November 2018 in General Discussion
Intended to be instructive and possibly even a menu for champs needing an upgrade via beta, synergy or buff. Some classes required more thought than others, and even some of these champs might possess a somewhat redeeming quality. Feel free to add/discuss.

Mutant Magneto, Colossus, Cyclops
Skill Falcon, NFDD, Moon Knight
Science She-Hulk, Miles, Spider-Gwen
Mystic Iron Fist, Jane Thor, UC
Cosmic Groot, KK, SIM
Tech Iron Patriot, Hulkbuster, Vulture

Dr. Zola

Comments

• Agreed entirely.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,541 ★★★★★
    Whododo872 wrote: »
    Replace vulture with classic IM
    Vulture really isn’t that bad

Struggled with precisely that one.

Dr. Zola
    @Haji_Saab probably a separate thread, but your point is completely valid. Champs that require their dupe to be useful shouldn’t really be in the 6*.

DZ
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Make it 5 and 6* ...

And include OG DD ... absolutely terrible champ as 6*... one dupe gives him only 20% evade chance ... terrible .. has no damage at all.

Agreed on this point. DD sees nothing. Not even AWD for diversity.

Also as the owner of a newly duped Jane last night, she really needs a buff.
  • Monkey17288Monkey17288 Posts: 99
    Miles way better than Rhino. Rhino is pure garbage. Low prestige. Terrible attack and worthless defender. He might be a good defender for low tier ally but by the time you getting 5* he's useless.
    Miles way better than Rhino. Rhino is pure garbage. Low prestige. Terrible attack and worthless defender. He might be a good defender for low tier ally but by the time you getting 5* he's useless.

Another one I struggled with—honestly, I left him out because he’s already gotten a “buff,” but I agree he’s really not useful anywhere.

DZ
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    Mutant OLM, Colossus, Beast
    Skill Falcon, NFDD, Karnak
    Science She-Hulk, Rhino, Spider-Gwen
    Cosmic Groot, KK, SIM
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    Moon Knight is not bad at all. I love his constant bleed and stuns with basic attacks. Why not Karnak?

Moon night is meh, better than karnak imo
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    I really find Beast to be underrated, imo. I pulled him as a 6* last month and have been using him steadily.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Rhino is the worst champ period. Don't know how he was left off the list.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Mutant - Replace Cyclops with Old Man Logan

Skill - Replace Falcon with BPCW, Falcon has 100% defensive ability accuracy reduction

Science - Replace Miles with Ant-Man

Mystic - Replace Jane Foster with Juggernaut

Cosmic - Nailed it

Tech - Replace Vulture with Iron Man
    edited November 2018
    Interesting to see there’s about a 75% consensus across classes...every champ mentioned as possible replacements were ones I struggled with—I didn’t throw in Karnak and BPCW and AntMan because of their synergy uses (Medusa/KM/Wasp), and I wanted to keep it at 5* available in basics only (which excluded the likes of Fixit, Ms.M and champs like Strange and Abom).

For mystic, Juggs was a close call, as was IM in tech. For cosmic, I really wanted to throw in Ronan, but the dupe makes him situationally very good. Unduped, he’s terrible.

In hindsight, Rhino should probably edge out Miles on the list (Miles has some synergy strengths). Rhino really is pitiful.

Great thoughts. Appreciate the input.

Dr. Zola
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Nailed it!! #magnetoandcollosusfornextbeta
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    DrZola wrote: »

Cosmic Groot, KK, SIM

Dr. Zola

Mutant : I like Magneto's force field. Weaker Safeguard. DPXF is meh imo.
    Skill : I switch MK for Karnak.
    Science : 100% agree
    Mystic : Ouch!!! Agree for IF and UC, but, I like Jane Foster. I prefer her than Mordo. Maybe tie.
    Cosmic : Would switch SIM for Phoenix
    Tech : 100% agree
  • Jing_Yik2017Jing_Yik2017 Posts: 86
    Jestress wrote: »
    Mutant: Cyclops (Blue Team), Cyclops (New Xavier), Colossus
    Skill : Falcon, NFDD, WS
    Science: SG, SH, Fixit
    Mystic: IF, JF, UC
    Cosmic: Ms. Marvel, KK, SIM
    Tech: IP, HB, IM

Mutant, i have all three of them....
    Skill: WS is very good, power drain, bleed, incinerate, fury.
    Science: is Fix-it available as 5*?
    Cosmic: Ms marvel ? or Captain Marvel? There is no 5* MM. By the way they are good, high attack+fury

• FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    Cosmic: groot, kamala, king groot
    Skill: falcon, karnak, netflix daredevil
    Mutant: logan, colossus, magneto
    Tech: og iron man, hulkbuster, iron patriot
    Mystic: juggernaut, uc, jane foster
    Science, spider gwen, she hulk, abomination
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited November 2018
    Mutant- I think I agree with this one.
    Skill: Change either MK with BPCW.
    Science: Put Rhino and take out Gwen. Gwen is way better than him.
    Mystic: I would put Juggernaut in the place of either Jane or IF.
    Cosmic: Change SIM with Phoenix.
    Tech: Change Vulture and put Howard.

This is not counting their synergy uses, otherwise I would be fine with Skill class. though I like Moon Knight despite he's considered bottom three of his class. Also I kinda like FlixDD. Mainly because when I used the Classic version on Act 5, he helped a lot (and not because of the sig, but he is very tanky, lot of attacks that he blocks result in 0 damage). plus he has more damage than the OG one.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    Mutant: Magneto, Colossus, DPX
    Skill: Falcon, OG DD, Moon Knight
    Science: She-Hulk, Spider-Gwen, Miles
    Mystic: IF, Jane Thor, UC
    Cosmic: Groot, KK, SIM
    Tech: HB, IP, Vulture

I only made a couple small tweaks to what you originally posted. I'll explain the reason for each of the changes I made and let you decide whether they are legitimate reasons or not.

DPX: There are a couple reasons I think DPX should be here in the place of Cyclops. First I think he is far worse then Cyclops. There was a time when people actually used to use Cyclops. However, DPX has only ever been useful for prestige. His abilities straight up suck, and for a character who should be awesome to play, he's quite boring. Second, DPX is available in 6* whereas Cyclops is not. As this game moves towards 6* champions, I think it is important to ensure that the 6* champions are actually usable, and currently DPX is not.

OG DD: Nothing major here, only I think NFDD has much more usability than OG DD has which is why I think OG DD should receive an update first.

I realize you said 5* in your thread, but I think that it is important to keep in mind what rarity each of these champs is available in.

Other than that, great post! We can only hope that Kabam is reading this... I also wish they would update champs faster than every 8 months or whatever it is now.
  • DrZola wrote: »
    Intended to be instructive and possibly even a menu for champs needing an upgrade via beta, synergy or buff. Some classes required more thought than others, and even some of these champs might possess a somewhat redeeming quality. Feel free to add/discuss.

Cosmic Groot, KK, SIM

Dr. Zola

Sounds like you quoted my 5* roster. Dont have miles or hulkbuster, but I do have antman & karnak to replace them.
    Ok, I will bite—there’s ample talk about 6* here, so I will give that a shot with a proposed worst in class in the basic:

Mutant DPX
    Skill OG DD
    Science Miles
    Mystic Iron Fist
    Cosmic Gamora
    Tech Red Skull (not bad as an overall class, so I stretched to Dec 4 additions).

Dr. Zola
  • HfchangHfchang Posts: 186
    I see no mention of ant-man here. I think he's total balls. Just opened him 5* - I was devastated
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★

Cosmic Groot, KK, SIM

Dr. Zola

I would replace Vulture with Iron Man simply because duped Vulture is incinerate immune.... otherwise pretty spot on
  • MbizzMbizz Posts: 215 ★★
    Hfchang wrote: »
    I see no mention of ant-man here. I think he's total balls. Just opened him 5* - I was devastated

Synergy with ghost makes him ok. Makes ghost even more amazing.

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Cosmic Groot, KK, SIM

Dr. Zola

I would replace Vulture with Iron Man simply because duped Vulture is incinerate immune.... otherwise pretty spot on

He is incinerate debuff immune. Don’t confuse his ability.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Everyone forgets about dpx... until he’s their first 5*