**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

"RIGHT CHAMP" GAMING IS REALLY BS!!!!

Just really tired of this must have the right champ game mentality Kabam has created! If i want to rank 5 my 5star IP, then i should be able too and still beat a Magik mini in war within the time limit without getting destroyed by limbo! I shouldn't have to bring the "appropriate counter". That completely limits how many champs you can bring into war. I was just using IP as an example. But there are over 150 champs in this game and maybe only 20ish are good for war. 😡😡😡😡

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    There is a vast and growing array of champs, and not every one can be awesome, great or even good.

With that said, I continue to think pushing things that make the bottom quartile of champs more useful is good for the game, even if only done temporarily. That can take the form of boosts applicable only to a specific champ (a la Summoned Symbiote) or reaching into comics lore to boost subpar champs (Juggs and Mags helmets vs. Emma Frost). I would love to see much, much more of this—many of us have a KK, IP, Rhino but most of us don’t have the latest superstars of the game. Using the hashtags to provide some type of benefit to certain champs or classes of champs is yet another approach.

Dr. Zola
  • ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 303 ★★
    He does have a point when Kabam is trying to push attacker diversity. But you have a valid point as well. Plus everything is based on crystal luck too which blows
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    It is difficult. There are champs I like to play, which are fun, but would never max out. My Favorite is Loki. He is a lot of fun and I enjoy playing but I can't justify spending the resources to rank him, and fun or not he cannot clear end game content.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Cough strategy game Cough
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    So your saying you like IP and you want to use him for war? You have no other champs that are better?
  • I would subscribe and even support the diversity push of kabam’s, if it wouldn’t be for the excessive use of hidden nodes in war. Its not fair to my alliance to get blasted by a hidden champ that requires a specific counter. If kabam is going to continue with that mentality, they should either get rid of hidden nodes in wars or post the abilities in some way with the hidden node.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    I want to rank 5 my spidergwen because she is fun to use I can't because resources are limited and she sucks against all war nodes. I get where you are coming from but the game would suck even more if all champs were the same it would take the strategy out of playing. If you want a fighting game with zero strategy I'd suggest tank commander from Atari
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    So your saying you like IP and you want to use him for war? You have no other champs that are better?

He was using ip as an example
    Try reading carefully next time
  • Bdavis_2017Bdavis_2017 Posts: 245
    This is either the greatest troll in history or someone with few brain cells
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    The NAME of the game is CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS!!!! Which means EVERY single champ in the game deserves the right to be the "CHAMPION" of the contest! As it stands there are only a handful of champs that fit this criteria. The rest are just filler champs to keep the game going. You can buff champs with nodes all you want. Game can be difficult for even "God Tier" champs if you want it to be without making most of the champs useless. We rank based on who is best suited for overall content in the game. Not because we have a favorite character. I like Spiderman, but as an attacker he is absolutely useless in my opinion. Same with OG Cap and Ironman.
  • Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★
    The NAME of the game is CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS!!!! Which means EVERY single champ in the game deserves the right to be the "CHAMPION" of the contest! As it stands there are only a handful of champs that fit this criteria. The rest are just filler champs to keep the game going. You can buff champs with nodes all you want. Game can be difficult for even "God Tier" champs if you want it to be without making most of the champs useless. We rank based on who is best suited for overall content in the game. Not because we have a favorite character. I like Spiderman, but as an attacker he is absolutely useless in my opinion. Same with OG Cap and Ironman.

Again, rank up whoever you want no one is forcing you to rank up anyone. It is a strategy game which well means that you need to have strategy... that includes bringing in good champions for difficult fights

• Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Although a hyperbole, but the complaint is real. The amount of viable attackers in war is really small pool especially from older champs.
  • JakearoundJakearound Posts: 409 ★★★
    He’s got a point. With some of these flat out ridiculous nodes like biohazard or champs that deal damage for no goddamn reason what so ever you need certain champs. Champs that I havent pulled yet in 3 years of playing so I get screwed into dumping units if I want to beat that node or that champ. It’s one of the reason I went from paying to play in this game to refusing to pay for anything. The guys that don’t agree probably have a nice array of champs to pick from. Majority of the community have a stock pile of useless ****. And don’t tell me every champ has its use cause there are a lot that are utterly useless.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    I kinda agree oddly enough

A lot of the nodes are bull and way too exploitable to where you almost HAVE to place a specific defender there. Not only that but specific nodes like Biohazard can be a forced double damage node if a MODOK is placed there

It’s a mix between power crawl approaching warp speed, hidden defenders which can literally have you forced to prepare for most of a class in some circumstances similar to how dungeons force that blind preparation which destroys anyone who can’t counter an entire class of champions. I’ve seen someone while out on some random node due to a single missed call.

It was cute when it was just a wild Sp1 or Sp2 Kinetic reactor combo or Juggernaut tripping you up on a bane node. But now we got things like Wasp, Korg, MODOK, IMIW, Medusa and more all mixing together with the old defenders too. Mystic is probably one of the scariest things. Sp2 start, unblockable and bias: is that DS trolling, MS trying for a cheap kill, Mephisto going for a long fight, Hood being a pain at the start, or juggernaut in a semi-ideal position?

We’re fighting 2 battles at a time. The nodes, and power creep.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    They do it for obvious reasons..

They want you to grind or pay for crystals in order to get the "right" champ to defeat another one. It's a business and they want to make money.

They don't want to keep you on the same course, they will always introduce new champs and counters to that champ in order for you to keep paying into the system.
    Then maybe they should advertise the game as free to play. Instead they should be truthful and say free to demo lol
  • Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★
    Jakearound wrote: »
    Then maybe they should advertise the game as free to play. Instead they should be truthful and say free to demo lol

It is free to play though. Everything in the game can be done without a single dime (example: Brian Grant)

I know it’s possible. I’ve been doing it for over a year now. Doesn’t take away the facts of the post
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Lmao that was funny “free to demo”

I agree with a lot of posts here.

1.) is a contest of championS. So you should “catch them all” it’s a virtual collection.

2.) I also do agree that there are some BS champs and node that require specific champs. Dorms degen with hulk rags, iceman cold snap and sabretooth.

3.) it’s a business and they need to make money because without our money they can’t pay kabam mike, lyra, porkchop and all then others who try and fix the game and don’t succeed lol
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    You can’t make a fighting game complex enough with a touch screen so you have to settle for lock and key mechanics. It’s certainly frustrating not having the right champs for certain situations, my bg is currently stuck on how to effectively fight Korg on 29 for example. Hoping someone pulls an Emma soon 🤷‍♂️
  • MbizzMbizz Posts: 215 ★★
    This has to be the dumbest post I’ve ever read.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    JayCee wrote: »
    If I listened every youtuber with a list of what’s right and what’s wrong, I’d be the same as everyone else. Seaton is not a god, just a guy with a YouTube channel. Don’t listen to his stupid list. Rank who you want, when you want. Be an individual. Be yourself because I always say, it’s not the champion that wins the battle, it’s the skill of the player.

No amount of skill will kill an aw rank 5 medusa sig 200 boss with spidergwen or ip in 3 minutes but I get what you are trying to say lol