**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

IDEA: Time Zones, different start times for Arenas in different regions.

Hi!

Playing the game in Europe (Sweden to be exact) I've come across the problem that Arenas mostly start 3 pm PST, which is Midnight here in Sweden. That means I'm probably already asleep and won't be up for hours when Arena starts. It's less of a problem when an Arena goes on for a few days however.

It might be a big change to suggest, but what about having different start times in different regions, to even this out a bit. Europe has one starting time, North America one and so on? Maybe even different regional servers we log on to, a bit like wow or other MMO-games?

What are your thoughts? Am I the only one who finds it hindering me at times?

Comments

• roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    I also live in Sweden and arena always start at 6pm (from now on due to winter time) you sleep at 6pm?
  • battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★
    This is a great idea..... however let me expand on it very simply.... have a 9 or 12 hour "window" to start your arena and it ends 72 hours from then. This impacts timezone by timezone. for example in my timezone (central US) arena starts at noon, west coast US starts at 10 am. while seemingly not a big deal. west coast can get a third round of 5*s in before bed and the rest of the US cant unless they are staying up till 1 or 2am...... your timezone realistically determines the amount of rounds of 5*s you can get in without refreshing.

This will allow people to build the arena around their timezone/life schedule.
  • battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★
    edited November 2018
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    Arenas start at 10 am Pacific time, not 3 pm.

Also, it doesn't matter what time they start. You get exactly as much time awake to do arenas as everyone else in the whole world, no matter what time zone you are in.

with 5*s it matters A LOT 10 rounds vs 9 if you have any kind of regular sleep schedule
  • SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    We can argue all we want about the arena start time, but either way youll most likely still spend the same amount of time, and/or fights in arena.

Is it more convenient for those (me) in the Pacific timezone? Sure is, but remember I still need to sleep, and when I'm sleep others are in arena anyway.
  • Only_AlonerOnly_Aloner Posts: 141
    It so problematic for kabam servers, but idea as good!
  • @Captain_Nietsch, as others have said, starting time is 1pm (EST, New York), 10am (PST, California), so Europe around 6pm or 7pm depending timezone and daylight saving. Maybe your device or game account is not set correctly for your timezone, so game thnks you are elsewhere ?? Or are you just assuming they start at midnight your time but you actually haven't taken a look ??
    BTW, great earlier comment about "floating" start times. Maybe have 72 hour timer start as soon as you first enter it (within a maximum allowed "offset" window of around 8 hours. Although that would push out the Reward Distribution by an additional 8 hours, and ppl already get upset when they don't get reward within 10 minutes of arena ending, lol.
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    Plus they would most likely be the one that always get the best rank reward because
  • icorericorer Posts: 66
    The OP must have meant the special arena's (t4b, t1a etc) as they have always started at 12pm (gmt+1)

Don't expect anything to change as it would be far too much of a headache all around
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    Yeah, I seem to have gotten the start times wrong! I shouldn't use google to try and work out the usual starting time, maybe it's changed since my last stint with the game almost 2 years ago also.

However, as I stated, the Arenas and events that go on for 72 hours even out the problem mostly. The time Zones that has the biggest disadvantage would be the ones where the arena or event ends during nighttime or early morning.

Maybe I should also find an alliance mostly consisting of players in a similar time Zone. Some of the time zone "problems" occur in the interaction within an alliance, syncing AQ, AW and so on.

The Idea of floating starting time within an 8 hour window is by far the best idea I've read so far! That would solve a lot, with the downside that the rewards would be delayed for those starting at the beginning of the 8 hour window. You might be correct in assuming that would try many players patience.

• wskyeungwskyeung Posts: 37
    Excellent idea!!!!
    Kabam please consider
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    icorer wrote: »
    The OP must have meant the special arena's (t4b, t1a etc) as they have always started at 12pm (gmt+1)

Don't expect anything to change as it would be far too much of a headache all around

Yes! Right you are. I'm usually in dire need of tier 4 basic Catalysts, so I do try to perform in those arenas. I didn't realize there were different start times on normal and special arenas. But now I do!
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Yeah, throughout a 72 hour period everyone is going to have the same amount of time awake as they would asleep on average.

Staggering the release times of arena is not what we should be asking. I'd love to see arena gone all together and have them create something new and challenging worth my time. Arena is a mindless activity in the game and actually makes me a worse player; what do I gain by crushing some poor guy in 10-20 hits without baiting a single special attack, using Parry up the wah and using my roster gods only.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    Yeah, throughout a 72 hour period everyone is going to have the same amount of time awake as they would asleep on average...

.. what do I gain by crushing some poor guy in 10-20 hits without baiting a single special attack, using Parry up the wah and using my roster gods only.

I gain about 3000-4000 5* shards a week from crushing some poor guy in arena.
  • samalasravansamalasravan Posts: 163
    Yeah that's a great idea I'm from India