**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Killmonger/Blade/Gwenpool

I want to upgrade my killmonger,but want to wait for blade or gwenpool is that necessary?

Comments

• Kohli1999Kohli1999 Posts: 26
    Five star version buddy
  • Hey
    Right now my top champion is 5* KM and i think he is the best champion in the game ( i think blade is overrated and required synergy to be in beast mode and gwnpool is great but not a big fan of her).
    I use him for war mostly and he is my MVP in war
    He has a true strike which can be very useful against enemy like MODOK and Medusa.
    So i would say upgrade him and you won't regret it
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Better than blade? Lol. Killmonger has his uses, but his damage sucks and with bleed immune this season he is useless. I’m still bringing blade to war if needed for my path. It’s overrated saying blade is overrated.

His damage is much better awakened when you use the boost he gets from reverb and ts being up together wisely
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    I'm not sure but I like blade any day over killmonger. I got both blade and killmonger as 5 stars and unduped. Blade at R4 and km at R3. I run full deep wounds. The bleed of blade is better than km unless you want to wait till 50 stacks which we rarely do in EQ. And if blade gets danger sense then it's absolutely no comparison. I'm just taking about non danger sense blade vs km. Km has his utilities true but blade is better I feel with that power gain and better bleeds. Ofcourse I'm strictly talking about unduped versions. Maybe duped km brings more damage as someone said. But this is my comparison. I also got 5 star GR so there you go blade with synergy. Just sharing my views.
  • WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★
    Killmonger is better than Blade. Better to counter auto-block and evade and be able to tank sp3s without damage than hold block to regenerate health.

Just learn to bait and no need to tank sp3s, Blade with his synergy's stomps killmonger for most questing as that regen can let you keep going, and going and going, and going. He is the winner of the coveted keep going award.

gc2ve4e742is.png
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    I love both of them, but your comparison between KM utility and Blades regen completely discounts Blades enormous edge in damage output. Where KM strengths shine I'd go with him but overall through all content Id say Blade takes this. They both stand out even more with synergies and again Blade wins out there imo
    Just learn to bait and no need to tank sp3s, Blade with his synergy's stomps killmonger for most questing as that regen can let you keep going, and going and going, and going. He is the winner of the coveted keep going award.

Though Blade's a great champion the current MCOC meta favors Killmonger more. Mystic wars are dead and the mystic dispersion/dexterity interaction has been nerfed, those things have significantly decreased Blade's value as an AW attacker. I've never seen or heard of players timing out to a 3* IMIW in tier 1-3 AW when they used 5/65 Killmonger, 5/65 Blade users can't say the same. To address the above comments individually:

@zeezee57 Blade is still arguably the best questing champion in the game. I say arguably because we've been getting a high amount of new nodes this year that make beginner strategies useless. Nodes that progressively decrease block proficiency and/or require us to intercept a dash or heavy attack to nullify unstoppable make the standard "parry - 5-hit combo - parry - 5-hit combo - parry - special attack - rinse and repeat" strategy a great way to get KOed. Many of the "aspect of..." nodes favor Killmonger over Blade because against these nodes infinite regen is less valuable than taking 3-4 attacks without damage. Aside from questing Blade's much better for AQ than Killmonger. Considering all of this Blade outshines Killmonger in more areas than Killmonger outshines Blade but when considering the best rewards in the game Killmonger is the winner, especially when AW Defender utility is added to the equation.

@Welderofortune I agree with what you said but will add that baiting special attacks doesn't work for all or nothing nodes whereas Killmonger's indestructible buffs are ideal for those fights. Like you said Blade is great for keeping fights going which works for the majority of MCOC game content. If you're playing for top AW Seasons rank rewards and are looking to build your roster for Act 6 Killmonger is the better champion IMO. Blade is great for questing when paired with Ghost Rider and Sparky but that trio is not as useful as Killmonger/Void/Sabretooth/Omega Red questing teams and that's before you add Red Hulk or Mephisto or Winter Solider to max their potential. I'll close with a comparison to your comment about learn to bait - learn to not get hit and no need for infinite regen.
    @DTMelodicMetal

For all or nothing nodes there are better options on the table then killmonger as he does not tank the DOT that comes with a lot of sp3s. I have a little story about an AW, I was running through and ran into a thor rag unawakened. He had a rather large health pool so I kept getting hit with sp3s three or four if I recall correctly, Blade walked out of that fight with 50% or so health. I can guarantee you Killmonger would not have, now granted i am not the best player so I am sure that there is a neat little way to avoid that sp3. Such as interrupting the boon of the gods with a sp attack, but I just slugged it out and moved on to the next fight and was rocking at 71% health afterward. My attempts at playing this game will sooner or later take me to a skill level where I will not get hit, but until then I am keeping my regen champs.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    For all or nothing nodes there are better options on the table then killmonger as he does not tank the DOT that comes with a lot of sp3s. I have a little story about an AW, I was running through and ran into a thor rag unawakened. He had a rather large health pool so I kept getting hit with sp3s three or four if I recall correctly, Blade walked out of that fight with 50% or so health. I can guarantee you Killmonger would not have, now granted i am not the best player so I am sure that there is a neat little way to avoid that sp3. Such as interrupting the boon of the gods with a sp attack, but I just slugged it out and moved on to the next fight and was rocking at 71% health afterward. My attempts at playing this game will sooner or later take me to a skill level where I will not get hit, but until then I am keeping my regen champs.

@Welderofortune All valid points. This is why node 30 defender placement often considers which champions inflict DOT on their sp3. There are always exceptions to arguments, the goal of my posts on this thread has been to illustrate reasons why Killmonger is a more useful champion than Blade. That doesn't mean there aren't reasons why Blade is a more useful champion than Killmonger.
    @DTMelodicMetal

Well then lets agree to disagree, nice talking to you.
  • Willjackson16Willjackson16 Posts: 289 ★★
    Blade is super overrated any champ that requires synergies to be good is not the best, regen doesn’t mean your the best. There all great champs blade is great for questing but the game is moving away from blade anyone saying killmongers damage is weak clearly doesn’t have one or is using him completely wrong and gwenpool is just a good champ you can’t go wrong with either
  • Vegeta9000Vegeta9000 Posts: 204 ★★
    Blade is basically just a noob friendly utility tool. Makes bad players look good, and good player look great. But you could wait and wait and never get him. Killmonger is a great champ with some good uses. Gwenpool is also a good champ with good damage. Depends what you need at this moment in time.
  • Vegeta9000 wrote: »
    Blade is basically just a noob friendly utility tool. Makes bad players look good, and good player look great.

You say that like its a bad thing. That sounds like exactly what you want every champ to be.
  • JayCeeJayCee Posts: 732 ★★
    My synergy with blade isn’t that good since it’s the Dormammu synergy, but I don’t think KM is that good. I’d wait for blade if you need to fight magik or Dorm, or Gwenpool if you’re looking for a good bleed champion.
    Vegeta9000 wrote: »
    Blade is basically just a noob friendly utility tool. Makes bad players look good, and good player look great. But you could wait and wait and never get him. Killmonger is a great champ with some good uses. Gwenpool is also a good champ with good damage. Depends what you need at this moment in time.

I sense bitterness, despair and longing in your post @Vegeta9000. Do you not have a blade, and as far as a noob friendly utility tool... Yes please I love my noob friendly utility tool, if i'm feeling fancy i'll break out Ghost Rider for a few fights.
  • Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★
    Someone hmu when Blade can take down a 5/65 sig 200 Medusa in AW solo, then maybe we can talk about Blade being better than KM.

P.S, I don't rely on KMs indestructible charges either as a crutch to take SP3 damage...

Don't, get me wrong. Blade is still amazing. But with all the new autoblock, and evade champs out there on AW defense, Killmonger has way more utility than Blade.