**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Does Captain Marvel deserve a rework in February?

KRONOSDOUBLEKRONOSDOUBLE Posts: 548 ★★
edited November 2018 in Suggestions and Requests
Ms Marvel and Captain Marvel have both been around for a very long time, and if you have paid attention, you would have noticed that they are the EXACT same champ, just with different skins. So the question is simple, do you all think they should be left alone, or does Captain Marvel deserve a rework to be made her own champ and not just a clone of another? BTW, I don't have 5* of either, so I'm not biased towards her because I have one of them

Does Captain Marvel deserve a rework in February? 98 votes

Yes, rework for the movie
86%
GamerEbbtideOmniAlex_sc11SnakeEyes69DrZolasamalasravanA_Noob_Is1Timone147FreakydCFreeJestressJozielPNLoPrestiFabiusBRLosspikbelli300buffajrDidzeeJwallace25 85 votes
No, leave her alone
13%
TulvenBigPoppaCBONEstakFlareDogeDoctorJGhostboytjieParalyzerShaun01ChuckTingleLordNeoFooshblalalaRandomizerRuns_4Tomstar124 13 votes

Comments

• JayCeeJayCee Posts: 732 ★★
    She hits hard enough, just maybe a few more buffs
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    She is pretty good, but I wouldn't mind her getting a rework. There are plenty of champs that need it a lot worse than her though.
  • Film is released on march 8th aka international women's day
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    She is still good but needs a little something to be top tier. Damage output is great but if they added some extra utility or increased damage to compete with the current meta of heavy hitters.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,793 ★★★★★
    MCU!Captain Marvel is almost inevitable.
  • InfineightInfineight Posts: 278
    I agree that her looks/animations can be changed, but kabam cannot afford upgrading each and every mid/low tier champs on such occasions. Although she is worth a low Demi-God tier like venom.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    As much as id like to see her get buffed (and classic ms marvel get added as a 5*) kabam will probably just release a new version
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    Give her incinerate from her sp1 with a chance to armor break.

And during armor break she has a chance to inflict concussion.

Lowering ability accuracy.

Give her sp2 a high chance for armor break or concussion or both.

Her sp3 causes a long armor shatter. During which a high chance that any critical hit causes concussion completely shutting ability accuracy down and Regen.

And since she is so "powerful". Maybe give her class advantage versus all villians, interdimensional beings, and mutants.

Just some thoughts
  • MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★
    Give her a persistent charge exactly like Bishop. Start fight with max damage. Other than that, she hits like a truck already, he fury is good and she is poison immune.

Maybe a little power drain every time she blocks an energy attack?
  • Please give us a brand new MCU version with new model (Long blonde hair), cooler animation and better abilities, not to forget synergies too!
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Just keep the one with the better costume(Ms. Marvel)
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    CM hasn’t aged well. There was a time she might have snuck into the Top 5 Cosmics, but not anymore (Hypo, Medusa, Corvus, Venom, Proxima, Phoenix, Carnage, Angela, Hela and probably a couple of others outrank her).

She still has the same generic moveset shared by nearly all female characters from the game’s early days, and her attack (while decent) is often underwhelming (especially given her standing as one of the most potent and prominent female characters in the Marvel Universe). I continue to be disappointed at the damage output against other strong 5/6* champs when I have a full power bar with furies up.

Add to that the long-running problems with her Sp2 (which were fixed recently) and it’s hard to see her as anything other than a middle of the road champ. In fact, she’s the only 5* champ I’ve ever ranked down.

Give the girl a buff, please.

Dr. Zola
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    They might buff Ms. Marvel (khan) during the Captain Marvel event. They buffed carnage and venom during the symbiote event so it would make sense if they buffed her during the event
  • KRONOSDOUBLEKRONOSDOUBLE Posts: 548 ★★
    Keep commenting on this post if you would rather CM get a rework than a new version of her released!