**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Symbiote Nerf too Early [Merged Threads]

Comments

• ImAwsum1ImAwsum1 Posts: 179
    this thread is so weird.. just some dudes with unmanageable time in their life. Go and buy some donuts, then cry with your little symbiote haha

My time was planned accordingly. I wouldve and shouldve finished with 10 minutes left. I have 2 accounts both Elders Bane and complete the 3 hardest EQ tiers each month. So yes I plan everything out to the last 5 minutes to minimize my need to waste units. I'm not asking for a handout out compensation. I'm asking for what was far my last 20 minutes. My champs are still locked in the quest as week speak. Waiting for a word back from kabam. If you didn't have similar problems no need to voice your thoughts on the matter.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    We had a month to do it. 2 weeks for Symbiote....

And? How does that fix the issue at hand? I know it goes against everything you believe to admit that maybe Kabam messed up on this one, but they did. Again I finished day 1, but to those who didn't/ couldn't until the last minute and would have had they been given the time they should have this is a big problem.

It's not a big problem. It's a problem to the people who waited until the last half hour to finish. I'm willing to bet that number is small. To them it might be big, but whether by mistake or by design, you have to look at choices as well. Same thing happens with people who push it close to Maintenance and wonder why they got booted.

These are paying customers who participated in content within the alotted time and weren't granted what was advertised. This has no relation to people pushing close to maintenance and I've played until maintenance lots of times and never had it start early, which again is beside the point. Your opinion, which I happen to agree with, that finishing at the last minute is a bad idea still doesn't change the fact that these customers were short changed and it should be made right. I'll leave it at that since based on your history here and conversations between us in the past has shown, there is no situation where you wont go against the grain in support of Kabam, right or wrong. I expect they'll do something to make it right with the customers who were cost rewards by this mistake, it's just bad business not to.

I'm not for or against anyone. If people want to wait until the last minute, that's their choice. The content itself was run up until the alotted time. The Champ was a loaner, no one paid for it.
  • SpiderCoolsSpiderCools Posts: 615 ★★★
    Honestly idk what to say. Typical response would be: Better luck next time, but i dont want to be that person....
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    I admit to wanting to blame people for their last minute rush but if an event is to finish at a certain time, that time should be honored and anyone still in a quest should be able to complete the path they're on regardless of finish time just like the daily class cat quests.

So when is an acceptable time to finish prior to the finishing time?

Clearly it aint 20 minutes, should I be done an hour earlier? a day?

What about boosts? should I be ok if they don't last the time stated or disappear in the middle of a fight?

If time is flexible, can I have an extra 20 minutes for arenas?
    How do you suppose they would make the new Quest go live and stop people from using the Sym in that as well, if not ahead of time?
  • Bruce12342Bruce12342 Posts: 237
    I did this quest a while ago, but I have total and complete empathy for those who were unable to finish because Kabam made changes in direct conflict with their announced schedule. Not cool.

And? How does that fix the issue at hand? I know it goes against everything you believe to admit that maybe Kabam messed up on this one, but they did. Again I finished day 1, but to those who didn't/ couldn't until the last minute and would have had they been given the time they should have this is a big problem.

It's not a big problem. It's a problem to the people who waited until the last half hour to finish. I'm willing to bet that number is small. To them it might be big, but whether by mistake or by design, you have to look at choices as well. Same thing happens with people who push it close to Maintenance and wonder why they got booted.

These are paying customers who participated in content within the alotted time and weren't granted what was advertised. This has no relation to people pushing close to maintenance and I've played until maintenance lots of times and never had it start early, which again is beside the point. Your opinion, which I happen to agree with, that finishing at the last minute is a bad idea still doesn't change the fact that these customers were short changed and it should be made right. I'll leave it at that since based on your history here and conversations between us in the past has shown, there is no situation where you wont go against the grain in support of Kabam, right or wrong. I expect they'll do something to make it right with the customers who were cost rewards by this mistake, it's just bad business not to.

I'm not for or against anyone. If people want to wait until the last minute, that's their choice. The content itself was run up until the alotted time. The Champ was a loaner, no one paid for it.

No but players paid for units used to purchase strands, revives, potions and energy refills to complete content within the alotted time frame with the tool (Sym) necessary to complete the task. We're really going with the Champ was a loaner so no harm no foul here? You so obviously are for a particular side, and I don't base that solely on this thread because that would be clearly short sighted, so I'll ask something I've asked before with no response, when have you ever found fault with the company involved here and not the community? In all my time here I still have yet to see it.

And I'll add I'm clearly not against the company here, they make a fantastic product that I obviously love or I wouldn't be a member of the community here. But they do make mistakes and have issues to work out, as does any individual or entity. If you go through my post history you'll see I give credit where it's due, I defend them when I I find it warranted and I criticize when it's deserved. This is a situation where it's obviously deserved, and I think it's safe to say it's due to an honest mistake and not malicious intent, but it does need to be rectified for those affected.
    I already stated I don't take a stance for any side. That's not my mindset. If something is off, I've said it more than once. Albeit in a respectful way, as I don't believe in pitchforks. However, the Sym was altogether an extra additive that gave us access to Rewards at a MUCH easier effort. We had it for an entire month. We had ample time to do what we needed to do. If they Deranked it 20 minutes before the new EQ started, that's reasonable. I don't take sides. I pick and choose my battles.
  • ZjieeeZjieee Posts: 45
    feanorknd wrote: »
    haha, you waited till the last moment to complete a quest that ran for more than 17 days.

Honestly, no sympathy mate, plan better next time.

do you consider 20 minutes to explore 1 last path is the "last moment"? If mission ends at certain time, it ends at certain time. DOT.

Its possibly a bug but then again, who's to say that you or anyone else can actually complete the whole path in under 20 minutes?

They should give everyone the 20 minutes and lets see how many are able to do it, sadly, they'll give some compensation and we'll never know.

Also, you could lose your internet connection, kabam servers could go down, your phone could fall and break and many other things could've happened. Leaving something till last moment still sounds like a bad idea.

If you get to the airport about 30 minutes before departure, do you expect to catch the flight?

If you get to the airport to catch the flight schedueled at 8pm, but at your arrival they tell you it left at 7.30pm. Would you be happy?
  • feanorkndfeanorknd Posts: 37
    edited November 2018
    omg! I see people here do really not understand such an easy thing: if Kabam told symbiote was enabled until supermission ends, and supermission ends at certain time, Kabam just need to do it. Because I paid real money to buy resources needed to finish on time and get my rewards, but Kabam did not fulfill their part. Time, given time to accomplish missions, is most important factor in the game and should be respected. I am sure it was only an accident and Kabam will consider compensation to affected users somehow... But it is difficult, just because I paid 22€ yesterday and spent time and resources and all my efforts while I was on time completely... Only one last path, just imagine my face, you may also have a look at my screenshots published here... Even left my job before to accomplish... In my case, not having my featured 5 star crystal will become no paying anymore never because of how angry and disappointed I feel with this. I am not a little kid crying, like some non empathic users just say.
  • ZjieeeZjieee Posts: 45
    How do you suppose they would make the new Quest go live and stop people from using the Sym in that as well, if not ahead of time?

If they could nerf him at about 20 mins before the event, they could aswell nerf him 1 minute after the start. Whoever would have brought him to the new event, would have to do it with a 98 rated sym.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★

The exact same way as I can't go for todays class cats until I finish yesterdays if the path is incomplete.
    Let's be realistic here. People are complaining about 20 minutes when they had all month. That's about all I have to say. Don't wait until the very last minute.
    Let's be realistic here. People are complaining about 20 minutes when they had all month. That's about all I have to say. Don't wait until the very last minute.

So you think time does not need to be fixed, it could be random: only God knows when this mission ends, do as soon as possible....

Sounds funny.
  • AprilMoon7AprilMoon7 Posts: 74
    The question is, why did my symbiote get deranked faster than the ones my other alliance mates have? I've already sold mine, but I'm wondering why my alliance mates symbiotes are still ranked up

Because they obviously have not updated the game yet.
    AprilMoon7 wrote: »
    The question is, why did my symbiote get deranked faster than the ones my other alliance mates have? I've already sold mine, but I'm wondering why my alliance mates symbiotes are still ranked up

Because they obviously have not updated the game yet.

Not my case.... Game was not updated.

• seeker1458seeker1458 Posts: 17
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit

We'd really like an update on this. Should we sell our Symbiote?

The main problem players have when it comes to these types of things, is just a lack of communication as to what's going on. I'm sure you guys have a team looking into it ... but can we get some insight as to what is going to be done about this?

Nerfed Symbiote Video
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Zjieee wrote: »
    haha, you waited till the last moment to complete a quest that ran for more than 17 days.

do you consider 20 minutes to explore 1 last path is the "last moment"? If mission ends at certain time, it ends at certain time. DOT.

Its possibly a bug but then again, who's to say that you or anyone else can actually complete the whole path in under 20 minutes?

They should give everyone the 20 minutes and lets see how many are able to do it, sadly, they'll give some compensation and we'll never know.

Also, you could lose your internet connection, kabam servers could go down, your phone could fall and break and many other things could've happened. Leaving something till last moment still sounds like a bad idea.

If you get to the airport about 30 minutes before departure, do you expect to catch the flight?

If you get to the airport to catch the flight schedueled at 8pm, but at your arrival they tell you it left at 7.30pm. Would you be happy?

No, but that doesn't happen and i m sure they'll book me on the next one, so there's that.
    I already said, "Give 'em 20 minutes".

No but players paid for units used to purchase strands, revives, potions and energy refills to complete content within the alotted time frame with the tool (Sym) necessary to complete the task. We're really going with the Champ was a loaner so no harm no foul here? You so obviously are for a particular side, and I don't base that solely on this thread because that would be clearly short sighted, so I'll ask something I've asked before with no response, when have you ever found fault with the company involved here and not the community? In all my time here I still have yet to see it.

And I'll add I'm clearly not against the company here, they make a fantastic product that I obviously love or I wouldn't be a member of the community here. But they do make mistakes and have issues to work out, as does any individual or entity. If you go through my post history you'll see I give credit where it's due, I defend them when I I find it warranted and I criticize when it's deserved. This is a situation where it's obviously deserved, and I think it's safe to say it's due to an honest mistake and not malicious intent, but it does need to be rectified for those affected.
    I already stated I don't take a stance for any side. That's not my mindset. If something is off, I've said it more than once. Albeit in a respectful way, as I don't believe in pitchforks. However, the Sym was altogether an extra additive that gave us access to Rewards at a MUCH easier effort. We had it for an entire month. We had ample time to do what we needed to do. If they Deranked it 20 minutes before the new EQ started, that's reasonable. I don't take sides. I pick and choose my battles.

So you're unable to name a single thing worth criticism, but no you don't go into these thing with a specific stance in mind. And no, the Sym was not "an extra additive" he was 100% essential to the completion of Symbiote difficulty. Again he was THE tool to complete the job, and that tool was made useless prior to the end. It's incredible how far you'll go to just not say "yup looks like they made a mistake here" which they did. I've said everything regarding this being a mistake in a respectful manner, no pitchfork, and as I've stated numerous times i agree that waiting until the last minute is a bad idea, but in this case players had 20 minutes left and were shorted, and I know you understand that.

We are going to have to agree to disagree because I've made several points and you seem more focused on my stance with the company. When you cut it close to the end of something, you run the risk of complications. 20 minutes before the new EQ in comparison to having a month, or even 2 weeks, is not a major issue. There is no entitlement with the Sym. It was literally all gravy.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

So you're unable to name a single thing worth criticism, but no you don't go into these thing with a specific stance in mind. And no, the Sym was not "an extra additive" he was 100% essential to the completion of Symbiote difficulty. Again he was THE tool to complete the job, and that tool was made useless prior to the end. It's incredible how far you'll go to just not say "yup looks like they made a mistake here" which they did. I've said everything regarding this being a mistake in a respectful manner, no pitchfork, and as I've stated numerous times i agree that waiting until the last minute is a bad idea, but in this case players had 20 minutes left and were shorted, and I know you understand that.

zeezee, I respect you man, but come on, how far will you go to defend these last minute grinders?

There are more issues with this game than this. In all my time last month (actually last 4 months), the game has been crashing every 10-15 minutes, imagine that. I use boosts but always lost out on a few minutes due to crashes. Do you see a whole bunch of android users crying like these people who could not manage their own time.

I completed the quest like 10 days ago, even with those crashes, and please I do have job, family, other hobbies.

Yes, it is unfair that Sym got nerfed 20 minutes earlier, but lets be realistic and move on. Kabam should give 20 minutes back to players (maybe) but no compensation. Don't we all lose out on boosts, real money, units if the game goes down for a some time. Are we given that time back or a compensation every time? No.

So, again, this is a mistake, but it should not be blown out of proportion. Players need to bear some responsibility.
    I quit dungeons because of the numerous bugs, did I lose out on my 5* crystal , yes, but what can be done about it?
  • Bruce12342Bruce12342 Posts: 237
    Zjieee wrote: »

This is the best articulation of the issue at hand.
    Please show me where they said 10 a.m. PST for the Symbioid.

The big count down timer on the event quest screen plus they said so.
    xnovsi66fs9b.jpg
    This isn't about asking for a handout it's about asking for the opportunity that was taken from us back.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious Any type of communication would be greatly appreciated. The longer the thread stays open the muddier the issue becomes. It's been over a day now and all we have received is a "we are looking into" message. I know the matter is complicated with different experiences being in different phases of the event quest, but simply acknowledging that there was an issue would be an excellent start.
    ImAwsum1 wrote: »

The big count down timer on the event quest screen plus they said so.
    xnovsi66fs9b.jpg

The Quest ran that amount of time, sure. They didn't say the Symbioid wouldn't be taken down then.

The Quest ran that amount of time, sure. They didn't say the Symbioid wouldn't be taken down then.

You have a screenshot pointing symbiote would last until supermision ends, and point exact time also, before in this thread... Page 2 maybe? Search for it.
This discussion has been closed.