**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Star lord 5/65?

As of today's meta..is it still worth 4/55 or r5 SL?

I just duped him

Or should I r5 sparky? And If I can both should i still minimum r4 SL at the least?

Comments

• Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    SL doesn’t need to be at r5, Sparky benefits from it much more. That being said, SL is still definitely worth R4.
  • SSofLimboSSofLimbo Posts: 148
    Why does SL not need R5?
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    SSofLimbo wrote: »
    Why does SL not need R5?

R5 only really gives him more health and needing less synergies in LoL. The way he ramps up from combo, the additional starting attack doesn't make near as much of a difference for him as the rank does for someone like spark

Yep, this.
  • RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    I'm 4 uc eq away from completing the 2nd t5b

Until then I can r4 sl and prolly form the rest 4 t2a to r5 sparky

Sounds like a plan

But is r4 sl still a good option for aw attack? With all these korgs and domino medusa modok imiw I'm not sure if I can really use r4 sl that I could benefit from
    Why does SL not need R5?

R5 only really gives him more health and needing less synergies in LoL. The way he ramps up from combo, the additional starting attack doesn't make near as much of a difference for him as the rank does for someone like spark

Thank you.

As I thought, didn't know about the synergies though, could you maybe expand on that a little please.
    But yea the reasoning is sound.

I maybe just have to resist this urge that wants the hardest hitter it the game, a R5/65 Star Lord sig 200
  • zarcorzarcor Posts: 28
    I ranked 5 my 5* SL and is amazing, you don´t need synergy for LOL to increase the timer
    You can have ulimited parries with him, have done 4 paths ( easy, short, Juggs, Miles Morales) by spending less than 1k units

For AW usually take a 30-35 hit combo for mini bosses (R4 would take 45-50)
    zarcor wrote: »
    I ranked 5 my 5* SL and is amazing, you don´t need synergy for LOL to increase the timer
    You can have ulimited parries with him, have done 4 paths ( easy, short, Juggs, Miles Morales) by spending less than 1k units

That sounds awesome..I'm just wondering who is the better LOL clearer? sl or sparky? I do also have r5 void for those regen fights in LOL
    Rajuteda wrote: »

That sounds awesome..I'm just wondering who is the better LOL clearer? sl or sparky? I do also have r5 void for those regen fights in LOL

Do you regret taking Void up to R5? Im currently torn between SL and Void for my first R5
  • Reaper213Reaper213 Posts: 167
    I love my r5 sl. He’s a monster. His raw damage is unreal. I know most people say he’s not worth it but I honestly think you should rank the champs u want
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Definitely sparky. He needs the increased HP more than SL. And sparky will be useful in all aspects of the game.

Do you regret taking Void up to R5? Im currently torn between SL and Void for my first R5

Not at all...void melts away anyone with his degen

I've soloed imiw effortlessly because even if I cant land a hit, his debuffs keep stacking effortlessly and its soo game over

However for champs that shrug debuffs off, void is terrible and there I need a pure damage dealer

The other day in t3 aw , I had kingpin on buffet node and after 87 hits, sparky got him down to 30% and he regened back to 70% and eventually I lost

SL would have been a different story after 87 hits
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Why does SL not need R5?

Thank you.

As I thought, didn't know about the synergies though, could you maybe expand on that a little please.
    But yea the reasoning is sound.

I maybe just have to resist this urge that wants the hardest hitter it the game, a R5/65 Star Lord sig 200

As others have stated already here. You don't need the additional attack synergies to get the increased timer so you can have the option of using something such as the increased parry (think it comes from the gotg perfect block one) synergy or bring additional champs to use instead.

In the end, rank who YOU feel will be best. I took KM to r5 and caught plenty of guff from some in my alliance when I did it. After a few Medusa solos I caught less. Then I took corvus to r5 after that and put KM on defence where he's been one of our better defenders. Don't always listen to others opinions on your roster.

Not at all...void melts away anyone with his degen

I've soloed imiw effortlessly because even if I cant land a hit, his debuffs keep stacking effortlessly and its soo game over

However for champs that shrug debuffs off, void is terrible and there I need a pure damage dealer

The other day in t3 aw , I had kingpin on buffet node and after 87 hits, sparky got him down to 30% and he regened back to 70% and eventually I lost

SL would have been a different story after 87 hits

Yea, no one is immune to raw damage.