Champion Spotlight - The Champion

Comments

• RaganatorRaganator Posts: 1,197
    Raganator wrote: »
    Please tell me "final node of a quest" does not include being an AW boss. I assume the answer is "no", but you just never know...

Since the boss node is the last node in the quest, it would count for any of his abilities that care about him being on the final node of a quest.

So AW is now a "quest"? So he will have these stats as a boss?

While attacking or defending the final node in a Quest
    • +666 Armor and Block Penetration.

That's a lot of block penetration for a beefed up AW node. Too many people soloing Medusa these days?
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,047
    That's a lot of block penetration for a beefed up AW node. Too many people soloing Medusa these days?

@Raganator Your comment got me curious. Turns out The Champion isn't hard to fight in stun immune scenarios, at least not for Doctor Voodoo:

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 1,716
    Please tell me "final node of a quest" does not include being an AW boss. I assume the answer is "no", but you just never know...

Since the boss node is the last node in the quest, it would count for any of his abilities that care about him being on the final node of a quest.

So AW is now a "quest"? So he will have these stats as a boss?

AW has always been considered a “quest”. Otherwise persistent charges for attack would be worthless.
  • PaytoPlay wrote: »
    Is his regen passive ( as per developer note)? Can his regen be nullify?

Nope
  • HeadrollerHeadroller Posts: 130
    Wow, no immunities? Thought for sure he would be poison immune at least!

The champion shouldn’t have been made playable kabam, as it “waters down” the characters true marvel strengths!

Thanks.

• Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 1,906
    That list of champs in troubling for me. I have (reluctantly) believed that all champs are created equally by the developer and they just happen to be better or trash by chance, lack of extensive testing or changing meta. But with this list, it seems like they know they created some OP champs.

That list should have been kept to the lore in the comics. Otherwise it just proves that Kabam business model is to create OP champs and trash champs and then have people fork it out over the OP ones as they becomes must-haves. Then the developer goes on and cries about attacker diversity on the forums in a long post.

I am disappointed to see my suspicions getting confirmation.
  • Provided the wrong info you guys should really check your work before releasing info.
    gjvmzdaj9pdv.jpg
    6bra332vg6wx.jpg
  • Lormif wrote: »
    MCOC Team wrote: »

Is this while in war defense as well?

It does say quest, I wouldn't say war is a quest... Hopefully! Would be way OP in AW otherwise and unbalance it. Let's hope Kabam clarifies
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 582
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    That list of champs in troubling for me. I have (reluctantly) believed that all champs are created equally by the developer and they just happen to be better or trash by chance, lack of extensive testing or changing meta. But with this list, it seems like they know they created some OP champs.

That list should have been kept to the lore in the comics. Otherwise it just proves that Kabam business model is to create OP champs and trash champs and then have people fork it out over the OP ones as they becomes must-haves. Then the developer goes on and cries about attacker diversity on the forums in a long post.

I am disappointed to see my suspicions getting confirmation.

Besides hulk rag that's basically seatins tier list. Thanks kabam for confirming the God tier.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 3,223
    Provided the wrong info you guys should really check your work before releasing info.
    gjvmzdaj9pdv.jpg
    6bra332vg6wx.jpg

Green numbers are usually affected by Sig.. It could be because of that. Not 100% though.
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 188
    Lormif wrote: »

Is this while in war defense as well?

It does say quest, I wouldn't say war is a quest... Hopefully! Would be way OP in AW otherwise and unbalance it. Let's hope Kabam clarifies

They already confirmed war is a quest.
  • Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 226

The Champion enters The Contest November 8th at 10AM PDT!

Synergy Bonuses
    Tough Brawlers - Unique Synergy
    • The Champion: The Champion is Unstoppable when using a Light and Medium Attack.
    • Luke Cage: +35% chance to inflict Debuffs as long as Luke Cage never dashes back in a fight.

Persistent Force - Unique Synergy
    • The Champion: When The Champion has 3 or more Persistent Charges, he starts the fight with an Indestructible Buff, ignoring all incoming damage for 8 seconds.
    • Mephisto: +15% Attack Rating for each Persistent Charge.
    • Sentry: +12% Attack Rating for each Reality Warp.

Combo Fighter - Unique Synergy
    • The Champion: Gains a Persistent Charge for every 20 hits in his Combo Meter.
    • Thor (Ragnarok): +0.8% Attack Rating per hit in the Combo Meter. Max: 100 hits.

David and Goliath - Unique Synergy
    • Ægon: Ægon gets +20% Attack Rating while fighting larger Champions.
    • The Champion: The Champion gets +20% Attack Rating while fighting smaller Champions.

Enemies - Drax and Mephisto
    • All Champions gain +155 Critical Rating

What synergies are available for what rarities? Coud you please point this out on every champion spotlight from here on?

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 198
    edited November 8
    Provided the wrong info you guys should really check your work before releasing info.
    gjvmzdaj9pdv.jpg
    6bra332vg6wx.jpg
    The spotlight text is always for a 4 star still. The picture text is from the 5 or 6 star version. The green text means the number changes accordingly with stronger or weaker versions.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 1,353
    Interesting champion design.

So, the "best champions list" - I have three (quite similar) questions, please:
    1 - will this list ever be updated? Once you introduce Blue Marvel, Vulcan, etc?

2 - If the whole set-up of our story quest is to find the one champ who can defeat him; the best in the battlerealm, why isn't Aegon on the list either?

3 - Why isn't the Champion himself on the list? What about the Collector? Surely he'd prepare for that fight!

(No, fair enough, not the Collector. But surely he'd put himself on the list!)
    edited November 8

Special 1: Judo Chop - The Champion paralyzes the opponent with a knife-hand-chop combo then finishes them with a powerful skullet hit.

I'm sorry, but I really have to post this...

JUDO CHOP!

ydn6d95mi1zo.gif
  • Can we get a rundown on what synergies are available at the different star rarities?

Sure thing! Here you go:

2-Star and up: David and Goliath, Persistent Force, and Enemies
    3-Star and up: Tough Brawlers
    4-Star and up: Combo Fighter
  • Only wish he has some kind of immunity poison or some bleed

But does the champions and ÆGON synergy David and Goliath...they should stack since they both have it?
  • DOA40DOA40 Posts: 47
    After reading through this and fighting him, I can honestly say that The Champion needs an immediate nerf to Primal Fury ability. Let him keep Regen, I could care less about it, but remove Unstoppable. Because the second you start seeing him (whether it’s a 4 or 5* version) as an AW boss, you are going to start seeing tons of thread saying to nerf him.

You keep doing this Kabam. Bringing out characters that are way too overpowered (not to mention the ones that you bring out that you shouldn’t have bothered with since they are so useless) until the next update when you bring out the next OP character. It’s frankly getting ridiculous and needs to stop.

I’m not saying that you should make all characters, past and present, equal. However, you shouldn’t bring out characters that get every freaking buff currently in the game either.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 902
    he's very underwhelming lol, with what i saw on youtube he's not that great at least not what i expected
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 902

1 - will this list ever be updated? Once you introduce Blue Marvel, Vulcan, etc?

2 - If the whole set-up of our story quest is to find the one champ who can defeat him; the best in the battlerealm, why isn't Aegon on the list either?

3 - Why isn't the Champion himself on the list? What about the Collector? Surely he'd prepare for that fight!

who said they're bringing blue marvel even though i really wish they would
    Nojokejaym wrote: »

who said they're bringing blue marvel even though i really wish they would

Sorry, not wanting to get your hopes up specifically about Blue Marvel. I don't have any rumours to report; he was just an example of a particularly super-powered potential future champion. It's just that bigger and better champs do get added; and if there aren't any plans to ever review Champion's abilities, this ability starts to make a lot less sense.

I do think he ought to have this ability trigger when fighting himself, though. Since his whole raison d'etre is being the toughest warrior there is...
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 587
    DOA40 wrote: »
    After reading through this and fighting him, I can honestly say that The Champion needs an immediate nerf to Primal Fury ability. Let him keep Regen, I could care less about it, but remove Unstoppable. Because the second you start seeing him (whether it’s a 4 or 5* version) as an AW boss, you are going to start seeing tons of thread saying to nerf him.

You keep doing this Kabam. Bringing out characters that are way too overpowered (not to mention the ones that you bring out that you shouldn’t have bothered with since they are so useless) until the next update when you bring out the next OP character. It’s frankly getting ridiculous and needs to stop.

I’m not saying that you should make all characters, past and present, equal. However, you shouldn’t bring out characters that get every freaking buff currently in the game either.

False.

He's far more beatable than say IMIW, who also doesn't need to be nerfed.

I'm sick of people screaming for nerfs because a champion is above their skill level.
  • DOA40DOA40 Posts: 47

Hulk_77 wrote: »

False.

I'm sick of people screaming for nerfs because a champion is above their skill level.

False.

IMIW is EASY to beat and there are multiple videos on how to beat him. If you can’t beat him after that, then you have issues.

The Champion, on the other hand, is a character that they said, “Hey let’s make another character and throw every freaking buff we have on him”. Like I said originally, if they remove the Unstoppable buff, I would have no problem with the character. But with this, Regen, Fury, and his Champions of the Universe ability (which is half my current fighting roster), he is a pain in the ass to fight.

Also, I just LOVE people like you who come in to threads and offer no insightful opinions other than “Git gud, scrub”....That was scarcasm, by the way.

To use an old quote: “If you have nothing nice to say, don’t say anything at all”.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 1,716

False.

False.

IMIW is EASY to beat and there are multiple videos on how to beat him. If you can’t beat him after that, then you have issues.

The Champion, on the other hand, is a character that they said, “Hey let’s make another character and throw every freaking buff we have on him”. Like I said originally, if they remove the Unstoppable buff, I would have no problem with the character. But with this, Regen, Fury, and his Champions of the Universe ability (which is half my current fighting roster), he is a pain in the ass to fight.

Also, I just LOVE people like you who come in to threads and offer no insightful opinions other than “Git gud, scrub”....That was scarcasm, by the way.

To use an old quote: “If you have nothing nice to say, don’t say anything at all”.

IMIW is “easy to beat” because he’s been released for almost 6 months now. Strategies have been formed and there’s been more than enough time to form counters and strategies against him. The Champion has only been around a few days, not even a week yet, and he’s on souped up nodes, because EQ. Now I have only fought him once in master so far but I find it hard to believe he’s impossible and has no counters. I’m not taking sides here but this happens every month.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 582
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

False.

False.

IMIW is “easy to beat” because he’s been released for almost 6 months now. Strategies have been formed and there’s been more than enough time to form counters and strategies against him. The Champion has only been around a few days, not even a week yet, and he’s on souped up nodes, because EQ. Now I have only fought him once in master so far but I find it hard to believe he’s impossible and has no counters. I’m not taking sides here but this happens every month.

I used voodoo and well timed sp1 to convert his fury and unstoppable and he melts in seconds. Unless the final node is a poison immune node he is easier than aegon imo.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 262
    Now that I have him as a 4*, undupe of course because I have no an awakening gem, I have tested his synergy with Luke Cage.
    No Unstoppable buff appears at all when using a Light and Medium attack.

I have tried to make it a sequence even - Light and then Medium attack. Still no Unstoppable buff.

Does this has something to do with his signature ability? In that, he needs to be awaken first and then he will get it? The same case like Medusa right?
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 587

False.

False.

I had zero issues beating him in UC, and he is noded up to high heaven there.

Maybe don't attack with the champs he had advantage against next time? Or, get good?