**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Ironman: Infinity War

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
So I have been meeting IMIW in literally every AW ever since he became aviliable. And this guy is just way too op. He has Unblockable SP1, basicly unhittable under 15% hp and insane armor that can't he nullified or fed to MD. I am not an endgame player (I am just Uncollected), and always had issues fighting him.

Also it is really suspicious how often people are getting him from crystals. Kabam is either giving him out too often or it's coincidence happening against all odds (I mean what is the chance that over last 2 months, 3 members of my alliance got him consecutively[2x in a row] in 4* Crystal ?)

What I want to say is, that this is basicly a mockery to Diversity in AW. Alliances can put more than 10 of these guys in AW, but their kill output easily outcomes the diversity loss. And my alliance is not some beginner noobs. Last season we ranked in Gold 2 and we have some very good players. I can't even imagine how insane must be beginner alliance AW, because everyone is getting IMIW and in starts of game, it must be hell to fight him.

So I would like as many of you as possible to share your thoughts on him and on potentially nerfing this boy a bit. Thanks everyone for reading this

P.S.: Am I the only one who thinks that Kabam makes good use of Seasons ? Introducing great rewards and giving out insane defenders (First IMIW, now Champion who counters best attackers) equals MONEY $$$

Comments

• SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    He isn't OP he's only really a problem on certain nodes, otherwise just learn to intercept and save a sp3 or strong sp2 to finish him off before he gets into his autoblock with 1 armor phase. In lower tiers it really is all about just learning how to play against him because the nodes aren't as bad. In higher tiers a lot of alliances can't afford to put multiple IWIM on defense because too many people know how to fight him and diversity is often a determining factor in winning a war. If your attack bonus losses to him are outpacing diversity points they lose I think it's a problem in skill rather an OP defender. In all honesty, besides bosses and miniboss nodes which should be manageable if you have a couple boss killers in your alliance there are only like 2 nodes that make him a real problem and you can just go on youtube to learn which champions you need to bring to counter him as efficiently as possible. I see him somewhat occasionally on the path I take and while he was a pain in a$$ for quite a while just practicing in duels for a while made things a lot easier.
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    I feel your frustrations, I guess that he must be your nemesis, like mine is NC.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Venom is the the anti IWIM, he does a lot of good things actually. If you have him as an option don’t hesitate to rank him up.
  • Avengers320Avengers320 Posts: 683 ★★★
    im pretty sure a lot of people got him in the cinematic crystals
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    i dont support nerfing im iw everyone got him ranked him up just so that he can be good in alliance war.
    if u hv to fight im iw then the other side has to too so suck it u nd learn to fight him and bring champions who CAN fight him

Yeah, you're right. After everyone ranked him, it'd be stab in the back. But bringing champions who can fight him... That's somebody with armor break all the time (IF), or somebody with True Strike (Heimdall, Venom, Karnak, Cable). And for these five champions (outta ca. 150 champs in the game) you have only 1:30 probability to get them. Not even mentioning that some are not very useful in other fights
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Practice, a lot. Fight Dr. Me in duel. He's not that tough once you get to know his moves. I typically run into 2-3 per war and take him out with hype or void. If he's duped it's great to have a debuff on him draining his life when he's at 15%, otherwise just use heavy attacks.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    If you know what heavy intercepting is, the champs that can be used go from 5 to....60 or so
    I'm not saying they're all good, but it's definitely possible

If you don't know what heavy intercepting is, try searching for it
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Practice, a lot. Fight Dr. Me in duel. He's not that tough once you get to know his moves. I typically run into 2-3 per war and take him out with hype or void. If he's duped it's great to have a debuff on him draining his life when he's at 15%, otherwise just use heavy attacks.
    DR. Me cant be find anymore
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Gamer wrote: »
    DR. Me cant be find anymore

He changed his name in game
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Having certain champs makes fighting imiw much easier but you really can fight him with anyone once you learn to bait and punish his heavy
  • it's Wick2.0 (Dr.Me) now
  • Thanos_CarThanos_Car Posts: 298
    I’d say korg is worse. But that’s only because I have Corvus to use against imiw.

• KyrinMcHKyrinMcH Posts: 41
    I am currently doing path 7 in aw (armor path) I see him every war and usually more than once. He is a tricky fight but completely beatable. My last 2 aw I have fought him 3 times and beat him each time I don't have a corvus or a medusa. I used GP Gulk stark spidey to beat him.

Look up heavy intercepting and practice by dueling someone so he will be able to parry.
  • Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    I think korg and domino are way worse. I hate hyperion too. If I cant bait his sp1, it just turns into a mess.
    Thanks everyone for commenting and advice ! I know what heavy intercepting is, I use it against him, but my heavy usually takes him about...0,75% hp ? I admit I haven't fought him much but honestly I was surprised how tough he is under 15% when I met him in AW (before mini-boss on the bottom of left circle, Tier 6-7 AW, He was maxed 4*, I was maxed Luke Cage)
  • OllyOlly Posts: 1
    IW Ironman definately needs a nerf.Its not sour grapes or anything and I know new characters need some time to get used too in wars(nightcrawler/MODOK).Ironman IW is NOT the same.Unblockables,no bleed or poison works most of the time,armour up all the time and autoblock that stuns WHILE HE IS STUNNED.The only thing that he isnt perfect at is doing much damage but if you cant damage him its just a case of running out of time.I think the best option is taking the auto-block off this champ and all champs to be honest.I hate it as it requires no skill.
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    Firstly, evading his sp1 is probably one of the easiest specials to evade in my opinion, as I don't know a more telegraphed (how outdated is that term?) sp1. Secondly, 'true strike' is your friend, makes him incredibly easy.

I personally would never put him as a defender because I think he is too easy. I love seeing an AW defense littered with IMIW. Apart from the beautiful charges it grants Corvus, it makes for simple fights for me.

Some videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYBEgY1GnlE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eg4yb7Pf18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3uN__uyoGs

• fabsgrassifabsgrassi Posts: 47
    Almost one year ago he could be a pain, but now its all about learning his moves and have patience. Hes been around every EQ lately.
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    Reviving dead posts much?
  • imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 333 ★★
    Olly said:

IW Ironman definately needs a nerf.Its not sour grapes or anything and I know new characters need some time to get used too in wars(nightcrawler/MODOK).Ironman IW is NOT the same.Unblockables,no bleed or poison works most of the time,armour up all the time and autoblock that stuns WHILE HE IS STUNNED.The only thing that he isnt perfect at is doing much damage but if you cant damage him its just a case of running out of time.I think the best option is taking the auto-block off this champ and all champs to be honest.I hate it as it requires no skill.

No. He doesn't. Sorry, but this is a matter of skill. If no one anywhere could ever beat him then yes, a nerf would be called for. Since lots of players can beat him and even one shot him as an AW boss, he isn't too OP. He is challenging for you and that just means more practice for you. You can't fight him the same way you fight other champs just like you can't fight Korg or Hyperion the same way. You have to adapt and overcome.

Here is a practice target:

• A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    learn how to punish his heavy. Other counters can be medusa, venom, or starky
    Fun fact is, that unless you have one of the 5 champs with true strike, you can only heavy counter him. However, 1 hit each 3 seconds that deals about 160 damage is too low imo.
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    Kerneas said:

Fun fact is, that unless you have one of the 5 champs with true strike, you can only heavy counter him. However, 1 hit each 3 seconds that deals about 160 damage is too low imo.

I don't believe that's true. As long as he doesn't have any armor up charges, you can fight him normally. You can intercept and combo and even parry him.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Heavy counter is easy once you practice enough, you’ll get it.