**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Priority rank? Heimdall or Corvus?

I've had the good luck of pulling Heimdall and Corvus back to back, both 5*. I ranked Heimdall up to r3 before pulling Corvus. Now I am resource strapped and needing opinions!

I have 10 cosmic t4cc and am about to get the t5bc from act 5. I would like to use either champ in AW offense and clearing act 5 100%. They are so very different champs so I'm split in my thinking. My other top champs are duped GR, duped AA, IMIW not duped, all r4 5*. I also have a r1 6*Hela.

So who would you rank and to what level, considering my lineup?

Comments

• FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    If u need a champ with true strike rank heimdall if not rank corvus
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★

Corvus with the proxima synergy has permanent true strike so......

He does?
  • ShaconaqeShaconaqe Posts: 17

Corvus with the proxima synergy has permanent true strike so......

You have to use a heavy or special on an opponent who has evaded you or autoblocked to activate this true strike. Kind of limiting and being autoblocked in AW is not good.
    I do need true strike but I also need a big hitter. Hela is pretty good in that way but not to the extent of corvus.

I've wondered if heimdall would be the better r5 since his attack needs all the help it can get.
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Both are great and Very different. Keep in mind that people using Corvus in war are using a R5 and often use boosts but he does crazy damage. If you go with Corvus most definitely take him to R5, I wouldn't stop at R4. Just my thoughts on him but I'm not really a Corvus user mine is just r3. I'm not really a fan of his missions but I definitely see why people love him.
    I really like Heimdall. He has nice utility and can hit fairly hard once ramped up. I'm tempted to R4 mine but not sure yet. Keep in mind with him his crit rate is horrible unduped, his dupe helps quite a bit. I think he's a great design and fits me better but everyone is different. Good luck.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Corvus.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    I don’t have heimdal but I get the feeling he needs r5 more than Corvus because everyone says he doesn’t hit hard enough. Corvus certainly doesn’t have that problem. Player skill level would play a part in this imo. Clearly heimdal takes more talent to be good with and Corvus can make bad players look good so.... I think they are both top champs so it’s a difficult decision.
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Heimdall.
    First, he's a great questing champ, second, the synergy with Hela (perm fury buff) and third, indestructible (x2 for Hela) and unstoppable for 2 seconds can make a difference between to finish a fight w/o using a revive.
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    Heimdall
    YoMoves wrote: »
    These people recommending Heimdall don't play at the level of AW I do.

Let me tell you, even R5 Heimdall simply does not hit hard enough for any reason in top tier wars. He also finds himself rather strapped against several different types of opponents and lacks any immunities.

Corvus, meanwhile, does everything Heimdall does but better, save a less guaranteed True Strike, which is easily amended by chasing down an evader miniboss or MODOK in AW. Corvus also carries a VERY useful pseudo-Bleed, Shock, and Coldsnap immunity which makes him excellent against more nodes and enemies than Heimdall.

Moreover, Corvus is actually good unduped. Heimdall is NOT.

I have 6* Corvus. I use him in AWA and he functions at an incredible level that even an R5 or R2 6* Heimdall would not be able to accomplish. Heimdall is an okay defense champ and poor man's Corvus. I would not take him over the big C.

One thing has been bugging me about Corvus....since you have him maybe you can answer. Most the videos I see have him at r5 and boosted into oblivion. My observation was that the whole point of him is to kill in 20 hits or else bad things happen. One vid even remarked that corvus is expensive to play for this reason. How true are these things to you? How far do you get in AW fights in 20 hits without big boosts? I assume your 6* is r1 and not awakened? Thanks
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    Heimdall.
    First, he's a great questing champ, second, the synergy with Hela (perm fury buff) and third, indestructible (x2 for Hela) and unstoppable for 2 seconds can make a difference between to finish a fight w/o using a revive.

His damage is so awful, it took my r3 5* 150 hits in an act 5 fight with angela and hela synergy
    Definatly corvus
    Shaconaqe wrote: »
    YoMoves wrote: »
    These people recommending Heimdall don't play at the level of AW I do.

Let me tell you, even R5 Heimdall simply does not hit hard enough for any reason in top tier wars. He also finds himself rather strapped against several different types of opponents and lacks any immunities.

Corvus, meanwhile, does everything Heimdall does but better, save a less guaranteed True Strike, which is easily amended by chasing down an evader miniboss or MODOK in AW. Corvus also carries a VERY useful pseudo-Bleed, Shock, and Coldsnap immunity which makes him excellent against more nodes and enemies than Heimdall.

Moreover, Corvus is actually good unduped. Heimdall is NOT.

I have 6* Corvus. I use him in AWA and he functions at an incredible level that even an R5 or R2 6* Heimdall would not be able to accomplish. Heimdall is an okay defense champ and poor man's Corvus. I would not take him over the big C.

One thing has been bugging me about Corvus....since you have him maybe you can answer. Most the videos I see have him at r5 and boosted into oblivion. My observation was that the whole point of him is to kill in 20 hits or else bad things happen. One vid even remarked that corvus is expensive to play for this reason. How true are these things to you? How far do you get in AW fights in 20 hits without big boosts? I assume your 6* is r1 and not awakened? Thanks

My r4 5* corvus kills anything but bosses in 20 hits without boosting
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Do both but do Corvus first
  • JayCeeJayCee Posts: 732 ★★
    Corvus simply because Heimdall is not a heavy hitter. You actually need 5 fury buffs and maxed strength and greater strength for him to deal any damage.
  • SilentKissSilentKiss Posts: 138
    I have both Heimdall r,3 cg otw to r5. Easy choice
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 469 ★★★
    Corvus - I'm jealous. Send him my way. But seriously, for end-game AQ, AW, Questing --- Corvus is absolutely fantastic. There's a reason he's so desired. Congratulations. Fantastic dilemma.
  • FooshblalalaFooshblalala Posts: 277 ★★
    So if you want to get true strike with Corvus you do need to have a proxima on the team. But the thing is that proxima is an amazing champ as well, one who is also better than heimdall. She counters parry shrug off, can block unblockable attacks, can ignore evade and autoblock, and is really the perfect balance of utility and damage. Heimdall has true strike and some cool synergies. That’s about it. Don’t rank up heimdall, go with Corvus 100%.
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    They are both great champs so you have a good problem. One thing to think about is your path in war. My old path rarely gave me a chance to build up charges, which is why I didn't rank him up. So pay attention to your war path and if it looks like you'll constantly be able to build charges then you probably have your answer. I'm a fan of Heimdall for whatever reason but a rank 5 Corvus with a couple charges will probably make your life easier.
  • BeginthEndBeginthEnd Posts: 334

Alternatively you could pair Corvus with Proxima.

When you team Corvus Glaive with Proxima Midnight it makes a reciprocal synergy. Corvus Glaive activates 'Challenge Defenses' where when he uses a Heavy or Special Attack to knock down an opponent that used Evade or Auto-Block in a fight then his True Damage becomes True Strike and Proxima Midnight activates the 'Special Assist' bonus which reduces the Ultimate Mission's Combo Meter requirement for Proxima Midnight to just 75 hits.